Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I think it's impossible to patreon to actually punish irredeemable for anything that is said in this forum, patreon can't even prove that it's really irredeemable that's posting here, and I don't think the forum administrators would share any information that could harm a creator

I don't think we'll get a predictable behavior from patreon either, it depends too much in the agent that takes care of your case, otherwise a game like BB, DoD and DmD would never be allowed to exist on the site

by the other hand, maybe those games reached a status of "too big to fail", or better, "too big to ban". Patreon likes money in the end of the day, so they tone down their rules for special cases, and unfortunately irredeemable seems to have had a combination of both, he wasn't neither too big and he got a strict agent taking care of his page

superpowered is a game that was not much bigger than teachers pet (the difference was only a little above a thousand dollars above before the apocalypse), completely infringes on every guideline except bestiality (thank god!) and wasn't banned or revised, that makes me think they got an easygoing agent, otherwise I can't explain the discrepancy in the treatment of these two games

Last edited:
Reactions: ns332

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
it's not about left or right. It's about a business conducting its own affairs. Second, the patreon alternative discussion is over .
You're right. I apologize for derailing the conversation with that rant. It was a long day. I cringed when I re-read it just now. This isn't the place.

loqex

Aug 5, 2016
Wonder if adding family relation choices at the start of the game goes against Patreon TOS.

Choose game "safe" defaults or (advance/hidden setting) customize your family members etc. Basically game doesn't predetermine any of those, it takes the player to actively say yes/no what each family member is or isn't.

SirAuron20

May 11, 2017
i just dont get it some times, there are shit load of other game openly with incest rape and so on
but none of them got a warning so far and the ones they did get a warning just switched the front page
and hid everything behind patreon posts and thats about it...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I suggested to Irredeemable that he could use Chocolates instead of Pills to entice the girls, because you know women love chocolate. He just rolled his eyes...

I still like the idea of buying chocolates from a shady dealer though, 'cuz quality chocolates are pricey and they 'fell off a truck so I have a great discount on chocolates'. It'd fit the sometimes quirky nature of Teacher's Pets anyways....

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
i just dont get it some times, there are shit load of other game openly with incest rape and so on
but none of them got a warning so far and the ones they did get a warning just switched the front page
and hid everything behind patreon posts and thats about it...
Only those who have the high pledgers. See this

FeralChild

Aug 13, 2017
I suggested to Irredeemable that he could use Chocolates instead of Pills to entice the girls, because you know women love chocolate. He just rolled his eyes...

I still like the idea of buying chocolates from a shady dealer though, 'cuz quality chocolates are pricey and they 'fell off a truck so I have a great discount on chocolates'. It'd fit the sometimes quirky nature of Teacher's Pets anyways....
He should just make it so instead of drugging girls. The MC can use something on himself to make himself more desirable.

Reactions: GroPin

DSSAlex

Aug 19, 2017

I've never been super keen on the mind control thing but this rules and I need it in the game. Bonus points if you have a subplot where you have to investigate where ??? is getting the chocolates (and it ends up he's just buying bog standard European chocolates from an import shop the next town over.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
In case it wasn't clear, Irredeemable is taking the pills out, he really didn't like having them the game in the first place anyways. At least that's how I remember it from various Discord convos and such.

I was just commenting on my creative solution is all, and the fact that he just rolled his eyes 'cuz that was too silly, even for Teacher's Pets...

Goldy

Nov 14, 2017
I hope he will continue this project without any change I really like the story of father and daughter the plot it's interesting.

Edit: Maybe only the repetitive action I would changed. Right now it's a bit very repetitive.

Last edited:

MixaelPixael

Aug 17, 2017
In case it wasn't clear, Irredeemable is taking the pills out, he really didn't like having them the game in the first place anyways. At least that's how I remember it from various Discord convos and such.
I thought he had decided that they were more of a love potion type thing, and that they would get less effective over time. And that the girls would develop a resistance to the pills. (I could be wrong, and he could have changed his plan since I read that. )

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017

I was just commenting on my creative solution is all, and the fact that he just rolled his eyes 'cuz that was too silly, even for Teacher's Pets...
I like the idea of "special" chocolates. :D

Dasati

May 30, 2017
It sounds vaguely familiar to something Deem said once, but i think that was before the patreon debacle. Now they jus gonnna be outright removed.

kzk0987

Sep 6, 2017
I just found out about this game and it seems there's a lot of changes going on.

What are the mind control elements in this, is it the pills you're talking about? And if so, then the Mind Control element will be removed?

SirAuron20

May 11, 2017
Havent read all the latest posts is he gonna continue new updates in the near future or we gonna have to wait a while?
either way im okay with it cuz i rly like his game

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I just found out about this game and it seems there's a lot of changes going on.

What are the mind control elements in this, is it the pills you're talking about? And if so, then the Mind Control element will be removed?
Yes, and yes as far as I understand, to better meet the updated Patreon guidelines.

loqex

Aug 5, 2016
They are all concerned about pills, but beer/alcohol is acceptable? :rolleyes:

Guess getting your target happy drunk or piss drunk/passed out and do what not is more acceptable than the pill type method? Little confused in how that is any different (essentially)?

potato patato...

kzk0987

Sep 6, 2017
Yes, and yes as far as I understand, to better meet the updated Patreon guidelines.
Well, then that's one game less to play.
Especially if the dev is spineless enough to drop featjres of his game because of Patreon guidelines. To me this signals a dev that has no vision or passion and is just in it for the money - and even then, can't even deliver what people give him money for as soon as his current platform says it's not ok. Fuick this.

From the looks of it, Patreon just wants their front pages to be clean of questionable content, no one has had problems with patron-only content so far from what I understand. They've even been specific about not liking this content on the public page.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Well, then that's one game less to play.
Especially if the dev is spineless enough to drop featjres of his game because of Patreon guidelines. To me this signals a dev that has no vision or passion and is just in it for the money - and even then, can't even deliver what people give him money for as soon as his current platform says it's not ok. Fuick this.
In this case you're free to leave the game alone or at least give an alternative about the platform. Quite a few devs have faced the situation so far although it seems like this one is an especially tough case. If patreon didn't start to bitch about stuff he wouldn't have changed the game, but since it's necessary it's not like he can do anything about it and since he wasn't too happy about this stuff to begin with he made a hard cut, even if he had to disappoint a few people. You can't make everyone happy anyway, so there'll always be some colleteral damage.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes