Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Interesting idea. I think having the next major interaction with her through a Parent-Teacher conference might be cool. Rather going the WA route could you have both parents attend and super-bitch laying into him might be storyworthy. Instead of driving a wedge between the Dad and D's teachers it could make them feel sorry for him and help him in his actions with D. You know, "just between us teachers, could you help me out by keeping tabs on my daughter for me?" sortof thing.
Ah, interesting. I'd never even considered having the mother come, but you're right that could work. It's funny how these things work. The first line I thought of was "Did you ask your mom?" and the answer was "Why would I ask Mom when know she'd just make you do it?" and from there I never even considered the mother. Definitely something to think about.

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
That said, I do want her to be a somewhat reasonable, if difficult, human being. But it is a good idea that she would want to be there and that she would consider herself the one qualified to discuss her daughter's academics rather than her (her-we-go-again) low-brow husband. So something definitely could be made of that.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
That said, I do want her to be a somewhat reasonable, if difficult, human being. But it is a good idea that she would want to be there and that she would consider herself the one qualified to discuss her daughter's academics rather than her (her-we-go-again) low-brow husband. So something definitely could be made of that.
Maybe a couple differing dialogue choices from the wife depending on your affection level with her? She talks shit about you with those teachers if you're mean to her. BUT.. if you try and be nice to her, she's in your corner telling the teachers off about how stupid they are compared to you?

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Donor
Respected User
Apr 7, 2017
I actually like that idea as to drive a wedge between the wife and the husband. It clearly shows the daughter is a daddy's girl and that she'll choose his side that's why shell ask him over the mom to go to the conference.

P.S: I love how you ask and consider our opinions and ideas. Not a lot of devs do that. Keep up the great work. I'm loving the game!

Reactions: Gagi114

Avenger777

Mar 19, 2017
Please, continue with the fourth wall leaning. I love the interaction between PC-Narrator-"We".
The dealer business card had me laughing, and as a advertising guy, I myself started analyzing the card (I also watched American Psycho yesterday, that might contribute...maybe).

I am still in the intro, but I fell good things about this game.

Now that the praises are out of the way, I have a question.
Do you proofread or someone gave you a feedback on this?

As I said, I am still in the intro, and there were some mistakes in the dialogue.
While most of us play for the pictures and not the story, it still is what holds all the actions, pictures and motives in place. Otherwise it becomes a CG gallery and that's that. (Sorry, I ranted a little)
But as you use patreon, and first impression is king in this world, seeing some grammatical errors on the dialogue can make people think that the game is half finished, not polished, whatever. So it would be good for you to focus a bit more on it, and people can see that you are working on it and making a very good job.

I am thinking that it is strange, me, a non-native english speaker pulling your leg for these small things, while I may have written something wrong, or formulated a sentence incorrectly while doing this post.

I am sorry if I sounded (wroted??) rude, but I meant no ill will. Just wanted to bring up something I found so you can fix and improve the game.

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Please, continue with the fourth wall leaning. I love the interaction between PC-Narrator-"We".
The dealer business card had me laughing, and as a advertising guy, I myself started analyzing the card (I also watched American Psycho yesterday, that might contribute...maybe).

I am still in the intro, but I fell good things about this game.

Now that the praises are out of the way, I have a question.
Do you proofread or someone gave you a feedback on this?

As I said, I am still in the intro, and there were some mistakes in the dialogue.
While most of us play for the pictures and not the story, it still is what holds all the actions, pictures and motives in place. Otherwise it becomes a CG gallery and that's that. (Sorry, I ranted a little)
But as you use patreon, and first impression is king in this world, seeing some grammatical errors on the dialogue can make people think that the game is half finished, not polished, whatever. So it would be good for you to focus a bit more on it, and people can see that you are working on it and making a very good job.

I am thinking that it is strange, me, a non-native english speaker pulling your leg for these small things, while I may have written something wrong, or formulated a sentence incorrectly while doing this post.

I am sorry if I sounded (wroted??) rude, but I meant no ill will. Just wanted to bring up something I found so you can fix and improve the game.
I proofread by incidentally reading the dialogue 1000s of times while play testing. It's a terrible way to proofread because you already expect what's there. I'm sure there are lots of mistakes---someone sent me a list of them the other day(was it you?). I'm working on fixing them.

I am a native English speaker, I assure you. :)

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
I hope the mother isn't just fuel for father/daughter bonding.
What do you mean? That she be there as a legitimate love interest? Or just as a reasonable and well-rounded person? I'd like both of those things to be true to some degree or another.

Avenger777

Mar 19, 2017
I'm sure there are lots of mistakes---someone sent me a list of them the other day(was it you?).
Nono. I downloaded it today. Once I finish the game at this version, I can look at it.

But well. Good to know that you are working on it. And as DarthHelmet mentioned above, it's very good to have a dev speaking directly with us. Keep doing amazing work.

Reactions: Silverlord

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Nono. I downloaded it today. Once I finish the game at this version, I can look at it.

But well. Good to know that you are working on it. And as DarthHelmet mentioned above, it's very good to have a dev speaking directly with us. Keep doing amazing work.
Well thanks. I'll try to get all of the ones he mentioned fixed by next upgrade. It's a taller task than it might seem, tough, as I have the files split so many ways.

Reactions: Silverlord
May 31, 2017
Ah, interesting. I'd never even considered having the mother come, but you're right that could work. It's funny how these things work. The first line I thought of was "Did you ask your mom?" and the answer was "Why would I ask Mom when know she'd just make you do it?" and from there I never even considered the mother. Definitely something to think about.
Perhaps an outcome from this meeting is that the mother is pissed at the father for not helping his daughter in a particular subject she is not performing in: Something along the lines of "You're her father AND a teacher, how could you let our daughter's grades slide..." This opens up father/daughter tutor time. I'm not talking about your obvious sex-ed stuff, but just more scenes where it's F/D time, which can lead to her sitting on his lap to work on the computer for some sort of essay, etc.

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Donor
Respected User
Apr 7, 2017
Perhaps an outcome from this meeting is that the mother is pissed at the father for not helping his daughter in a particular subject she is not performing in: Something along the lines of "You're her father AND a teacher, how could you let our daughter's grades slide..." This opens up father/daughter tutor time. I'm not talking about your obvious sex-ed stuff, but just more scenes where it's F/D time, which can lead to her sitting on his lap to work on the computer for some sort of essay, etc.
I second that. More bonding time between the two. Sounds great.

Reactions: atlas114

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
great ideas all around and thank you dev for being so active here taking suggestions! Also love that you did three updates today on your patreon. long waits between updates are agonizing but there's hope on the horizon that you're working so hard to put out this kind of product!

Goldfish

May 22, 2017
What do you mean? That she be there as a legitimate love interest? Or just as a reasonable and well-rounded person? I'd like both of those things to be true to some degree or another.
No no, that's exactly what I want as well. Your approach with her in this as well sounds perfect.

Some of the comments making it sound wanting her to be a hateful person just to make the daughter bond faster better with father, that just sounds cheap. really sounds great but currently the exchange with wife is very limited and doesn't have a big change to wife's stats if you don't use MC and cuddle.

I don't mind just dialogue for a long ass time for none MC route with wife since the relationship is strained and probably need a lot of work to patch things up.

May 31, 2017
You people just keep on trying to square the-bitch-of-a-wife-circle, while the obvious solution stares us right in the face.
Ah yes, but if you consider
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Then, really we'd just doing her a huge favor, as she seems so miserable in this life. :)

Edit: had to re-scale the image to make it work. pfft

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2017
This bug is occurring steadily, how can I solve it?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 539, in script
File "game/script.rpy", line 539, in <module>
File "game/script.rpy", line 340, in placeGirls
AttributeError: 'Girl' object has no attribute 'prime_location'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\thuli\OneDrive\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\TP-1.305-win\TP-1.305-win\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\thuli\OneDrive\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\TP-1.305-win\TP-1.305-win\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Teacher's Pets 1.305

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
No no, that's exactly what I want as well. Your approach with her in this as well sounds perfect.

Some of the comments making it sound wanting her to be a hateful person just to make the daughter bond faster better with father, that just sounds cheap. really sounds great but currently the exchange with wife is very limited and doesn't have a big change to wife's stats if you don't use MC and cuddle.

I don't mind just dialogue for a long ass time for none MC route with wife since the relationship is strained and probably need a lot of work to patch things up.
I second this. I can see her as a nice impediment but I would also like to see the ability to get a healthier relationship with the wife. Definitely aids in replayability. When I was suggesting her as a foil for the parent/teacher conference it was more to allow for alternative interactions, not necessarily as a basis for bonding.

May 31, 2017
This bug is occurring steadily, how can I solve it?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\thuli\OneDrive\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\TP-1.305-win\TP-1.305-win\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\thuli\OneDrive\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\TP-1.305-win\TP-1.305-win\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Teacher's Pets 1.305
Are you using a brand new save? If not, try making a new game and see if same happens. I did not get this error at all.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes