Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
This bug is occurring steadily, how can I solve it?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 539, in script
File "game/script.rpy", line 539, in <module>
File "game/script.rpy", line 340, in placeGirls
AttributeError: 'Girl' object has no attribute 'prime_location'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 539, in script
File "C:\Users\thuli\OneDrive\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\TP-1.305-win\TP-1.305-win\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\thuli\OneDrive\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\TP-1.305-win\TP-1.305-win\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/script.rpy", line 539, in <module>
File "game/script.rpy", line 340, in placeGirls
AttributeError: 'Girl' object has no attribute 'prime_location'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Teacher's Pets 1.305
It's caused by an old save. I added an attribute alled called "prime_location." Used for when I need people in specific places when an event ends. At least I think that's what it's used for—it's 8PM on the July 4th.

Reactions: D3ssel

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Donor
Respected User
Apr 7, 2017
I think you should start a new game with every update. Old saves causes bugs. Always start a new game. Plus irredeemable adds more content you may miss if you don't start a new game.

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
I think you should start a new game with every update. Old saves causes bugs. Always start a new game. Plus irredeemable adds more content you may miss if you don't start a new game.
For right now, yeh probably. In the future I am going to try to allow save importing (it's possible it just hasn't been worth the time investment yet so much has been changing)

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
irredeemable just checked out your patreon, and LOVE that Meghan is going to visit colleges to select which one she'll eventually go to. also love that your highest patrons will get to choose outfit.

given how conservative and socially awkward she is, it would be out of character for her to go in with a tank top and short shorts of course. but then, we'll see what your supporters say :heartcoveredeyes::biggrin:

May 31, 2017
For right now, yeh probably. In the future I am going to try to allow save importing (it's possible it just hasn't been worth the time investment yet so much has been changing)
Even if you don't implement save import right now; if you add a variable with the save version ahead of time, when you do implement the feature everyone's old saves will already have the info you need to perform it.

(It's much easier to do a simple version check than to test for each variable to see exactly which version of the save you need to convert)

TS2016

May 7, 2017
Is there bug with daughter's romance stats and wife's control and corruption?
Daughter romance stay at -10. I have her control at 45 and corruption at 20.
. I have drugged wife's drink like 5-7 times and the control/ corruption are still at 0.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
lots of preview pics lately. any patron willing to share some of the most recent ones? I don't have any spare cash to pledge until next month or so.

Hildebrand

Apr 27, 2017
So I'm new here and this may have already been answered however I consistently get the "AN EXCEPTION HAS OCCURRED" error when making dialog choices. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this or is the current version just that buggy or what. Any advice or direction is appreciated.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
Great game so far. Very engaging developer in discord. Staying up till 5am having random conversations

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
So I'm new here and this may have already been answered however I consistently get the "AN EXCEPTION HAS OCCURRED" error when making dialog choices. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this or is the current version just that buggy or what. Any advice or direction is appreciated.
If you could, upload the log or crash you get. Make sure to use the code tags when posting it in the forums or upload it to pastebin.

If not that, please take a screenshot. If you dont have 3 posts, you wont be able to post the link.

lots of preview pics lately. any patron willing to share some of the most recent ones? I don't have any spare cash to pledge until next month or so.
These arent too interesting but its what was posted.

Anne has something extracurricular in mind
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Our boy made it off the streets

The following are in a poll for the what Meg should wear to college.
Meg Outfit 1

Meg Outfit 2

Meg outfit 3

Meg outfit 4

This the new $40 tier image. It may change from this but you get the idea

I got permission from the dev to upload these.

Last edited:

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
@Ryahn
SPOILERS! use spoilers man, I don't like to see what's ahead, as probably do others. Not upset or anything, just ... use spoilers!
Sorry about that, fixed it

Is there bug with daughter's romance stats and wife's control and corruption?
Daughter romance stay at -10. I have her control at 45 and corruption at 20.
. I have drugged wife's drink like 5-7 times and the control/ corruption are still at 0.
@irredeemable Is looking into it. You are suppose to get a few romance points.

Last edited:
Reactions: letsdothisthing

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
thank you Ryahn and dev for the updated pics!

outfit #4 for Meghan please!:heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes:

Reactions: Namco15
May 31, 2017
thank you Ryahn and dev for the updated pics!

outfit #4 for Meghan please!:heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes:
Totally out of character for her, but maybe her corruption level can be involved in that? Like, at such and such level she starts wearing the more provocative #4 to experiment with her sexuality, whereas number 3 would be her norm...

Reactions: Goldfish

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
Totally out of character for her, but maybe her corruption level can be involved in that? Like, at such and such level she starts wearing the more provocative #4 to experiment with her sexuality, whereas number 3 would be her norm...
agreed that it's out of character but it is pretty hot. i also agree that if you can get the control/romance/corruption stat high enough she'll be convinced to step out of her element, albeit eventually.

looks like the next release is scheduled for late July/early August; so a long wait ahead :FeelsBadMan:

Reactions: Goldfish

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
agreed that it's out of character but it is pretty hot. i also agree that if you can get the control/romance/corruption stat high enough she'll be convinced to step out of her element, albeit eventually.

looks like the next release is scheduled for late July/early August; so a long wait ahead :FeelsBadMan:
Well, I don't want to spoil anything, but it's definitely out of character for her. Keep in mind, though, that this isn't her new permanent outfit, the is is part of a story. #3 was definitely my choice, but after I saw #4 won and started thinking of potential story lines, I may actually be happy that #4 won. I think the story is gonna be cute as fuck.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
And, yeh, it sucks that the next release is is so far away. But it does mean that this release will be god-damn-jam-packed with content as well as bug-free.
:heartcoveredeyes: i'll miss the near bi-weekly updates, but the fact that you engage folks for suggestions, and post preview updates more frequently than any other dev makes this game worth waiting for update by update. soon as i have some cash free i'm pledging. :FeelsGoodMan:

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes