Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Its jist easier for the mods and testers to take a step back from this thread and not post updates. Its not about trolls so much as it is about the sheer volume of questions about progress and the vast amount of posts about when its out or how deems milking. These people are not trolls they are just inquisitive and worried. And fair play to them alot of games i supported in the past ended up delaying an update then promising it was coming then abandoning all together. If you look at the games on here that are abandoned you will see alot had promises made. My updates were simply to show that deem is not jumping ship and that we are working our hardest to get the damn thing done. Now goes without saying that release dates will change after this update. I think it will still be a 5 to 6 week cycle between updates so that will be the same.

Goatface

Aug 10, 2017
Why is everyone who disagrees with you a troll?
It has nothing to do with disagreeing with ME. It's about the people that can't be patient and have a little sympathy (or empathy) for the people who are working so hard to get this release out. Good things come to those... yada yada yada.

Reactions: raza1

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
I'm not going to bother reading all the posts I've missed.
I will touch on the topic of one post I did see, which was about promised release date.

The biggest problem is that in that/those promises I don't believe it was made clear that it was referring to a "pre-alpha" release and not full release, which is where confusion and misunderstandings have arisen (you could argue that he both has and has not delivered on the promise. A paradox if you will)

I'd only advise that in the future he should try to specify exactly what he means to avoid potential confusion and misunderstandings.

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
I'm not going to bother reading all the posts I've missed.
I will touch on the topic of one post I did see, which was about promised release date.

The biggest problem is that in that/those promises I don't believe it was made clear that it was referring to a "pre-alpha" release and not full release, which is where confusion and misunderstandings have arisen (you could argue that he both has and has not delivered on the promise. A paradox if you will)

I'd only advise that in the future he should try to specify exactly what he means to avoid potential confusion and misunderstandings.
Yes it was not made clear. Not here and not on patreon. The biggest issue is deem is so tired and run down. He just types stuff and sends it out. I will raise the issue with him. And can only appologise prefusely for the mis communication

Dasati

May 30, 2017
On the plus side given the extensive re-writing and re-coding done, this is likely to be the longest test period. In the future it'll just be new stuff and thus likely shorter testing periods.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Quite a few people are probably just impatient and wouldn't react in any other way, even if it was made clear beforehand, but what probably also annoys a few people is this constant bluffing it out on something like misunderstandings. Just man up, admit that you guys couldn't keep the deadline and it'll take more time for a stable version.
Another thing that probably fuels the fire is you guys constantly praising him like he's the best person in the world, completely infallible and untouchable and stuff like that when it's more than obvious that nothing worked out as it was promised or supposed to do when it comes to the deadline, self-imposed or not and you constantly denying this fact or bluffing it out as if it was just a big misunderstanding doesn't help.

Moving on for a minute there, what would be interesting is why the remake wasn't made in unity or something similar if renpy isn't really good anyway as it seems? Wouldn't a remake of the game be the perfect opporunity?

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
Yes it was not made clear. Not here and not on patreon. The biggest issue is deem is so tired and run down. He just types stuff and sends it out. I will raise the issue with him. And can only appologise prefusely for the mis communication
Not sure if sarcasm or not because the last bit completely caught me off guard XD
But yea, it would just save his image/rep from being harmed due to simple misunderstandings.

Reactions: Lenor

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
Quite a few people are probably just impatient and wouldn't react in any other way, even if it was made clear beforehand, but what probably also annoys a few people is this constant bluffing it out on something like misunderstandings. Just man up, admit that you guys couldn't keep the deadline and it'll take more time for a stable version.
Another thing that probably fuels the fire is you guys constantly praising him like he's the best person in the world, completely infallible and untouchable and stuff like that when it's more than obvious that nothing worked out as it was promised or supposed to do when it comes to the deadline, self-imposed or not and you constantly denying this fact or bluffing it out as if it was just a big misunderstanding doesn't help.

Moving on for a minute there, what would be interesting is why the remake wasn't made in unity or something similar if renpy isn't really good anyway as it seems? Wouldn't a remake of the game be the perfect opporunity?
I do actually think that this time it was mainly a misunderstanding (I misunderstood too), because in fairness he does have different release dates for different patreon tiers normally anyway, which is easily forgotten.

I do agree with you that IF a dev is unable to meet a deadline for whatever reason then they should be upfront about it and communicate that fact as soon as they become aware that they're going to miss it, rather than remain silent or throw out a bunch of excuses like some do (they should just stick to the facts. It's delayed, a new eta. and an apology).

Reactions: Lotex

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017

This is not a remake its a rewrite. All.old content is still there. Just story change and other changes to fit patreon tos. A remake would have taken alot longer as deems never used unity. And they are not bluffs there seems to have been a breakdown in information deem sent out here and on patreon and information sent to discord. As a result no one knew the deadlines were for test versions. Theres alot of stuff that needs discussing between deem and the mods. Ideally we need a mod to take over writing public announcements of releases etc so he can just copy and paste to were hes posting the announcments. We appologise for the servere break down in communication. We are not sure what went wrong. Also deem is not perfect but speaking to him on mic and on discord during his day its clear to see how much effort he has put into it. Its why we respect him so much. If this any other dev the re write would have been released as a single update and new content would be another month away. But this is a labour of love for deem. Its hard for people here to understand our love for the guy when he doesnt really spend much time on here.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I do actually think that this time it was mainly a misunderstanding (I misunderstood too), because in fairness he does have different release dates for different patreon tiers normally anyway, which is easily forgotten.

I do agree with you that IF a dev is unable to meet a deadline for whatever reason then they should be upfront about it and communicate that fact as soon as they become aware that they're going to miss it, rather than remain silent or throw out a bunch of excuses like some do (they should just stick to the facts. It's delayed, a new eta. and an apology).
Yeah sure, my post wasn't one to blame him or his folks, but more like something that may help defuse the situation a little bit since from what I've read the whole missing the deadline thing and not being upfront about didn't help ease the situation. Maybe it's a national mentality, but you'd be surprised how many people aren't too disgruntled about a situation like this if you're honest and explain it.

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
Maybe it's a national mentality, but you'd be surprised how many people aren't too disgruntled about a situation like this if you're honest and explain it.
It's a matter of psychology/perception.
Being kept in the loop and having open lines of communication makes you feel more valued and like the other party cares about your opinions. Thus you end up feeling like you can relate more to them.
The opposite being the feeling of the other party only caring about what they can get out of you (seeing you as $$$ signs/statistics instead of people).

That's how I see it at least.

Dasati

May 30, 2017
No fixed date yet (that I know of so don't scream at me if I'm wrong), Deem releases a build, we break it, he fixes it. Repeat until release. I will say that with each build we're getting progressively further along before finding major bug's though.

Reactions: WaveOfPig

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
When it's done [TM], @snof. And this will be when the 'testers' don't break any new builds. Berserks! @Jmolle2 you made my day. XD

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Be honest here. If Deem hadn't been so insistent on adding @shiva067 's cookies into every H scene, the rewrite would have been done a month ago.
Honestly game would have been out 1 week after patreon screwed him it it wasnt for that rofl

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Wait those cookies were intentional? I've been listing them as bugs.
The cookies are there to distract the players so they dont realise that the guest cameo in the game is eric from big brother, that he bangs all your girls and all you can do is watch.

Dasati

May 30, 2017
The cookies are there to distract the players so they dont realise that the guest cameo in the game is eric from big brother, that he bangs all your girls and all you can do is watch.
I thought we were supposed to keep that as a surprise, but since the cats out the bag now. I gotta admit I'm not a fan of ntr but that threesome between Meghan, Daughter and Eric was hot. Specially the anal.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes