Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
The answer to that is in my post. We noticed during bugs poor quality renders and animations that had serious flaws
I'm sorry but I can't buy that. (That's of course my opinion only). How he didn't noticed "low quality renders" before? After he rendered them? Sometime before dec31? It sounds like one more cheap excuse. No offense.

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
I want to know couple of things from the testers.
1) Their opinion on the new update (pros & cons), of course i understand you guys can't spoil but in general.
2) How many people get penetrated, just the number... OK maybe in how many different ways too if you can.
@Dasati @Bilbo Swaggeens @DarthHelmet please answer this but try to avoid spoiling the update. Im not touching it with a ten foot barge pole as ive been told off for teasing too much

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
I'm sorry but I can't buy that. (That's of course my opinion only). How he didn't noticed "low quality renders" before? After he rendered them? Sometime before dec31? It sounds like one more cheap excuse. No offense.
As with all games people spot things the devs missed. Weird lighting certain errors in arms etc. Tbh they are easy to miss. But when your playing a build 9 times in a row to bug test you notice little details that dont look right. Most were fixed using photoshop but some had to be redone. They are very easy to miss. Again blame the testers for pointing out the faults.

Reactions: botc76

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
So, you not only doubt the developer, but also his testers who have told you what happened?
Hell, I don't think your tone is right in the first place, unless you are one of his patreons of a higher tier and even then you could be less accusing and arrogant, but to basically imply that people here are lying to you?
Man, you are a peach.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
people miss things all the time on stuff they work on routinely for hours or days at a time. fresh eyes help see things.

with any luck can play the new version this weekend!

Reactions: skiid and botc76

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Donor
Respected User
Apr 7, 2017
I want to know couple of things from the testers.
1) Their opinion on the new update (pros & cons), of course i understand you guys can't spoil but in general.
2) How many people get penetrated, just the number... OK maybe in how many different ways too if you can.
There's a lot of hilarious lines and a special appearance of a certain someone(No one Bad). There's content for each girl and you'll have progression with whatever girl you love. I can't say much about the penetration part. All I care about is burying my face in Meg's twin peaks and motor boating them. It's maddening that we couldn't get it out fast, but we ran into game breaking bugs and little mistakes that we began to notice. As someone who loves the game I want everyone to play it through without bugs that ruin it so we spent hours these past few days testing the game and every scenario including using cheats to make sure that works without fucking things up. Cus I know most of us use the cheats Lol.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Dude, what would make you happy? Like, a personal apology from Deem himself to you for... what exactly?? He released an alpha for testing around the time he said he would, and it needed work. Okay, sounds pretty normal.

I, for one, am extremely appreciative of the time and effort Deem and his testers have been putting into ensuring we get a quality game! Thanks guys!!

Fission Mailed

Modder
Nov 27, 2017
From my bits of playing around/fixing abandoned games...Ren'Py games are fairly easy to break if the Dev isn't 100% on top of every single possible thing that could happen.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Probably Deem (and the alpha testers) are running into similar issue's with a game this size and how much he's had to change. He'll get it sorted out eventually, and really...he should only have to answer to his backers on Patreon...not here.

Reactions: Potato and botc76

Deleted member 27575

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
As with all games people spot things the devs missed. Weird lighting certain errors in arms etc. Tbh they are easy to miss. But when your playing a build 9 times in a row to bug test you notice little details that dont look right. Most were fixed using photoshop but some had to be redone. They are very easy to miss. Again blame the testers for pointing out the faults.
Just a thought, and I'm not attacking anyone. Wouldn't an easy solution to be to leave them in and fix them in a later update? I mean if the quality is good enough that Deem himself didn't notice it, is it really worth delaying the build for them?
Of course he might have had them remade while you were still breaking his alpha's in which my point is mute.

Reactions: Lenor

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Well, those stuff, detailes etc, devoted worker would notice. Maybe he just didn't cared enough if he didn't noticed them. Look, for example, I'm working in medicine. And when you examine patients which comes to you, you also need to look for even smallest detailes because they can mean big difference. What I want to say, when you do that long enough, that "detail skill" became more and more perfect. And you start to notice things much easier and much faster. After time, sometimes it takes just one look. I guess same "rule" could be applied on someone who deals with renders and images. After time it should take just one look to notice even smallest "irregularity".

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Just a thought, and I'm not attacking anyone. Wouldn't an easy solution to be to leave them in and fix them in a later update? I mean if the quality is good enough that Deem himself didn't notice it, is it really worth delaying the build for them?
Of course he might have had them remade while you were still breaking his alpha's in which my point is mute.
Because we had so many pre alpha builds deem had extra time to re do them. While he has been waiting for the complete list of bugs hes fixed the images and animations. Hes now holding off the final alpha until today so the last animation can be added in.

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Well, those stuff, detailes etc, devoted worker would notice. Maybe he just didn't cared enough if he didn't noticed them. Look, for example, I'm working in medicine. And when you examine patients which comes to you, you also need to look for even smallest detailes because they can mean big difference. What I want to say, when you do that long enough, that "detail skill" became more and more perfect. And you start to notice things much easier and much faster. After time, sometimes it takes just one look. I guess same "rule" could be applied on someone who deals with renders and images. After time it should take just one look to notice even smallest "irregularity".
Deem didnt think they were that noticeable until we pointed them out. Due to having to wait for bug reports from each build he had the time to re do them. I think if the testing had gone how it was supposed to he wouldnt have bothered re doing them until the next version of the game.

Reactions: botc76

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
Since we have been given hints/tips/info about the game from testers I just wanted to know if the Swim team gets a story. It would (as I said/typed before) be awesome to have some very nice scenes with the various ladies in tight wet swimsuits. Please avoid the icky school suits and go with sexy Bikinis for the good scenes. :)

Oh, just wondering if we can still win the lottery (Cheat) to avoid money issues. That is one thing that I REALLY want to keep cause I hate having to grind out money. :)

Just some thoughts.

P.S. See I controlled myself and didn't beg for Cookie stuff this time. :)

P.P.S. DOH! :) :)

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Donor
Respected User
Apr 7, 2017
Since we have been given hints/tips/info about the game from testers I just wanted to know if the Swim team gets a story. It would (as I said/typed before) be awesome to have some very nice scenes with the various ladies in tight wet swimsuits. Please avoid the icky school suits and go with sexy Bikinis for the good scenes. :)

Oh, just wondering if we can still win the lottery (Cheat) to avoid money issues. That is one thing that I REALLY want to keep cause I hate having to grind out money. :)

Just some thoughts.

P.S. See I controlled myself and didn't beg for Cookie stuff this time. :)

P.P.S. DOH! :) :)
You can just use the console commands for money. No worries there. Lol. Cheats ftw.

Reactions: Shiva0067

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Ive been an admin/mod since the first 3 versions went online. I am a tester for a number of games. I was deems highest patreon supporter i pulled out when the delay was announced. And to anyone that knows me will know that i will be the first person to throw someone under the bus that includes devs. Deem has been honest with all of us. Its been the testers that have caused chaos including me. If a dev ever tried to bribe me i would throw him under the bus instantly and work tirelessly to destroy his reputation. I do not post patreon statements nor do i post what i am told other than deadlines. For me i only post what i know is factual. Thats why my updates differ from deems. I believe it gives a clearer picture of the goings on behind the scenes so to speak.

U

User_166761

If you have to consistently lock the thread and ban people from commenting maybe people have legitimate concerns that should be allowed to be discussed. I haven't followed this thread in ages, but I don't like the idea of a thread degenerating into a fanclub.

Just target mean and uncivil comments, but banning comments around such a key topic seems quite defensive. After all, the game has been frozen for months, and you have to accept that people will talk about that. Some will disagree with the dev's explanations and some won't. Just let people have that discussion.

In the Big Brother thread, for example, you can see comments calling out the dev all the time, yet the game is still successful and the thread quite healthy. Nobody complains about that because a big part of participating in a forum is to allow discussion.

I also don't see how this could possibly benefit the dev in the long term. An active thread is a good thing, especially after 3 months of no releases. Whether new people pledge or not will be entirely decided by the quality of the update, not by comments here. On the other hand, an active thread can only draw new people's attention to this game.

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
-Sigh- I remember when this thread was all Cookies and discussions of whether Meg or 'D' was hottest (sorry but I'm a 'D' fan). Ah the good old days of discussing/planning baking sweet treats and new shopping trips (and the sexy fashion shows to follow). :)

I would suggest that we return to attacking the Marmite and Vegemite lovers/supporters/defenders/poor sods, while promoting Cookies/Brownies/Cakes/other tasty goodness, but I'm afraid that the anti-Gluten brigade will lynch me. :)

So to important things:

1) what is the schools team name??
2) what is the schools mascot? (naked Meg would be a GREAT mascot) :)
3) will the MC get to enjoy more than 1 awesome sexy fashion show? (18-34 fashion shows for each character would be a nice start). :)
4) why do I keep doing these lists?
5) will the amazing Pepe please inform me if open Cookie begging is allowed or do I need to hide it in spoilers?
6) I know that there was going to be a map thing with new areas added. Could some kind tester let us know if that is in the game now and where we can go. Please... pretty please.. :)
7) will this list spark a fury of complaints about my list making and blatant Cookie references?
8) will there be College trips with more students like the one we had with Meghan?
9) will I end this list now?
10) what other things are people hoping to see in the release and future updates?

Ok list is done now.

11) Just some thoughts. :)

Edit: P.S. Will the MC set up a subliminal audio system to control the other characters and make them bake LOTS of cookies??

Aug 7, 2017
So to important things:

4) why do I keep doing these lists?
6) I know that there was going to be a map thing with new areas added. Could some kind tester let us know if that is in the game now and where we can go. Please... pretty please.. :)
7) will this list spark a fury of complaints about my list making and blatant Cookie references?
9) will I end this list now?
4) Who knows?
6) It's a secret to where you can go beyond school :p There is a map.
7) Cookie Monster will be displeased. Stop mentioning fake cookies.
9) Apparently you did not.

Reactions: Shiva0067
3.20 star(s) 40 Votes