Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

sfur1

Jun 14, 2017
Is anyone else getting an error when they try to start the game? It says for me that it could not open tp.py
I had this same problem because of the folder name so just rename the folder for the game. Might be because I have japanese local but not sure hopefully it fixes it for you.

Cameage

Aug 13, 2017
Can someone confirm that I understand what's going on? Because I don't want to hunt through fifty pages of this thread to find accurate information.

There's a new 1.99995 version out for patrons, there will be a 2.0 release soon. The pills and a certain family relation have been removed, but those two things will be added by a "not actually but pretty much" officially sanctioned mod once 2.0 hits.

Is that it? Did I miss anything or get anything wrong?

Dongness

Aug 17, 2017
Can someone confirm that I understand what's going on? Because I don't want to hunt through fifty pages of this thread to find accurate information.

There's a new 1.99995 version out for patrons, there will be a 2.0 release soon. The pills and a certain family relation have been removed, but those two things will be added by a "not actually but pretty much" officially sanctioned mod once 2.0 hits.

Yes I want to know this aswell. And if so any ETA on the new release?

Reactions: botc76

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017

The mods are completely un sanctioned but yes they will revert game back. 2.0 should be a couple days away. Unless we break it

Cameage

Aug 13, 2017
The mods are completely un sanctioned but yes they will revert game back. 2.0 should be a couple days away. Unless we break it
Ah, thank you. Frankly, I'm totally ok with not having the pills, but I know a lot of others like that angle.

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Ah, thank you. Frankly, I'm totally ok with not having the pills, but I know a lot of others like that angle.
Originally my friends and i were doing a single patch bringing back incest, pills and a stat modifier. But we recieved a huge backlash and alot of hatred as many of the paying supporters ( a good 45 percent) hate the pills. So we are now doing the patch above and a seperate incest and stat modifier mod

kasata

Mar 28, 2017
Tried this game out, most of the renders and the shading looks great but what in the hell are those faces ?! this has to be the worst attempt at custom characters that I've seen so far. They look like they were dropped face first into a meat grinder.

meursault

Oct 22, 2017
I love Irredeemable's writing, and the witty and comedic voice of the Narrator and those occasional and hilarious breaches of the fourth wall really sold me on Teacher's Pets when I first played it several months ago. Teacher's Pets was the game that introduced me to the slew of similar lewd games hosted on Patreon and to this forum, and so it's always going to have a special place in my heart, loins, or whichever organ memorializes nerdy erotica.

With all of that said, and having played the Alpha, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I'm no more or less disappointed than I expected that I would be, and perhaps that very expectation of disappointment is the cause, as is so often the case with disappointment. This disappointment takes full account for the incomplete nature of the alpha game, and the handful of bugs and unfinished renders that still persist, and for the issues that 'deem has experienced with Patreon.

While the game may have more content than it did previously in the strictest terms possible, in line length and code and narration, there is less story content and progression in this iteration of the game than there was in the previous, and it seems extremely unlikely that any amount of changes in the transition from Alpha to release is going to remedy that. Perhaps I'm just failing at progressing further in the game, but based on the feedback of other users it seems unlikely.

As far as my issues with the Alpha go...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm sorry for the issues that Irredeemable's had, and the timing of them, but I think it should be fairly easy to understand why many people might be disappointed given the amount of time that's passed. I have to imagine that at some point in the timeline a great deal of previous work had to be scrapped, and that there were other challenges with working on the project over the Holidays, etc. All of that is understandable. The measure of discontent players are experiencing should have been pretty predictable though. I honestly can't wrap my head around the people that are hyping the update as though it's spectacular.

I'm disappointed. I think most people will be disappointed. I think that disappointment will be the same with full release as with Alpha. I'm still hopeful for the future of the game and really hope to see it actually get somewhere now that this stage of development is out of the way. I'm still a huge fan of Irredeemable's writing, and hope he wasn't kidding about that bildungsroman. Probably going to transition from frequently checking progress on this game to checking it out every few months at most, though, in hopes of avoiding further disappointment.

Just my honest two cents. Nothing but love for Irredeemable, regardless of the disappointment.

kays

Jan 4, 2018
hey just read ur post i tried it with m.affection and it worked but m.Romance m.Corruption for example nothink happens any ideas bout that?
(+tried for the exchange stutend d=daughter? didnt work)

shift + o to access console then it's jusy character name ,affection= then the number you want. Example to dry Meghan's affection to 100 you'd type m.affection=100 The other option is to use the cc cheat at the start of the game, that gives you money and high stats with all girls. CC cheat is 0073735963

Pills are out now yes, you can achieve everything from before without using pills now.

lowcody

Sep 13, 2017
My love for the old version was the appeal of a character who did what he wanted without regards of political correctness. Then, political correctness caused the game that I loved to turn him into a romantic based on the world's political correct standards. I wish someone would have the balls to come up with a knockoff of the old version that included a student or parent character that tried to get the school to ban all the books and games within the school that offended her, and then I wish there was a scene where the MC could do whatever he wanted with that character.

Reactions: johnnylaw

SirAuron20

May 11, 2017
When i wanna have a chat with her, there is only one option "end conversation", i still not have the tickets ...
then you're missing some progress with some1 else 1st
you need to meet her with your D at the clothes store before

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
I think I'll stay away from this thread until 2.0 comes out with the promised content.

all these problems with the alpha, I mean what did you guys expect? it's simply not ready. thanks @Jmolle2 for the updates will check back here on Sunday.

Reactions: fauxplayer

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
no idea wtf is going on with the version number...

but i find that more insulting than funny honestly...

add more 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 next time :/

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes