Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017

So this is the best cameo I have seen in a game... ever
Quite funny indeed.

Teacher's Pets was released in May 2017 and it's almost February now and the "D" in this game too, haven't seen much action.

I sound like such a sour grape. The joke would in my opinion have been more worthwhile, if there was more to show for it on Irredeemable's side. The joke IS funny, but also kind of sad upon reflection. Making it clear for anyone out there in doubt getting their panties in a twist. I'm not "hating" towards Irredeemable. I'm merely pointing out the obvious.

Reactions: Felilouco
U

User_215882

Deem rewrote and redid a lot because the game not only had incest it had blackmail and pills. Yeah the incest thing could be done easy, but everything else would take more time. Patreon could ban him if he kept the non consensual stuff. You guys do know they don't just forbid incest in their TOS right? On top of all this he wants a stable release that you can carry saves over. I don't know much about coding and programming, but I do know that people complain when previous saves don't carry over and if there's bugs.

Reactions: Centurion

Belaja smert

Dec 28, 2017
Deem rewrote and redid a lot because the game not only had incest it had blackmail and pills. Yeah the incest thing could be done easy, but everything else would take more time. Patreon could ban him if he kept the non consensual stuff. You guys do know they don't just forbid incest in their TOS right? On top of all this he wants a stable release that you can carry saves over. I don't know much about coding and programming, but I do know that people complain when previous saves don't carry over and if there's bugs.
Kaitlyn Blackmail easy to change tell fairy tale or just ask to show the tits as well as request to take BJ. The teacher cares for that alcohol and the girl likes it. Otherwise, there are some that will have to take away but very little.

Fission Mailed

Modder
Nov 27, 2017
If he needed to remove the blackmail...he should have removed all of it. All the build up is there, including text indicating that you'll be able to blackmail her but unless you locate (because the CG & animations are still in the DL) you can't actually blackmail her. The pills never really worked either, they weren't "mind control" despite what they were called, they were "tipsy girl" pills; though this could be because he didn't get a chance to fully flesh out their use before this 4 month long saga started.

If you look at the code, it's going to be quite annoying for the incest patcher's to add it back in, quite a few files to change hard-coded text in and it'll have to be updated with each new version going forward. That is...if he actually release's the game this month like he's been promising since the first week of December (I'd consider v2.0 to just the $40 Patreon's "released", I'm not advocating it be released to everyone all at once...).

paladin07

May 28, 2017

I'll be releasing version 2.0 sometime today. As in actually, literally today (it's 5:21AM here). No, really. I just want to finish up a few more things and do some additional testing on the changes I've made since the last alpha build.
Friendly reminder: instant pay is turned on. And it's the 31st. If you were planning on pledging for the new version, you might want to wait until the 1st or else you'll be charged twice.

As usual, catch me on Discord all day if you'd like. We'll talk here again soon, bb.

Reactions: Mordecai77
U

User_215882

If he needed to remove the blackmail...he should have removed all of it. All the build up is there, including text indicating that you'll be able to blackmail her but unless you locate (because the CG & animations are still in the DL) you can't actually blackmail her. The pills never really worked either, they weren't "mind control" despite what they were called, they were "tipsy girl" pills; though this could be because he didn't get a chance to fully flesh out their use before this 4 month long saga started.

If you look at the code, it's going to be quite annoying for the incest patcher's to add it back in, quite a few files to change hard-coded text in and it'll have to be updated with each new version going forward. That is...if he actually release's the game this month like he's been promising since the first week of December (I'd consider v2.0 to just the $40 Patreon's "released", I'm not advocating it be released to everyone all at once...).
The thing is that content would still violate Patreons TOS. Look at what they absolutely forbid. Then read the thread. I'm not sure how they are reviewing games after the first violation, but if he got the same reviewer you can kiss this game goodbye if he kept that as well.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Deem made it clear well before Patreon's crackdown that he wasn't a fan of the pills in the game and wanted to rework that element. I actually prefer the game without them, as I enjoy using seduction and (and some corruption) without rapey bits. But I do enjoy the blackmailing Kait part of the game, because the way it was written hinted pretty clearly that she liked being dominated in a "let's give the bitch what she wants" kind of way. So it will be interested to see how that develops. And the "foreign exchange student" rewrite works just fine given Patreon's crackdown. You can always just imagine she's your daughter if you want :)

Reactions: alyoshakinbote

ddffdd

Nov 17, 2017
Probably nothing major but when I try to use the exe for teachers pets, my antivirus says that it is a virus, is it just being overprotective?

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
to be fair the entire Patreon platform is for people to pledge monthly money in return for some updates or some semblance of a game in development.

i could go on and on but it’s already been discussed ad nausuem here on the pros and cons of what deem is doing.

i am keeping the faith that we’ll see 2.0 out later today. since i am not a patron, it’s up to the people actually pledging money to him to decide if the product he is putting out is worth continuing their hard earned dollars for.

Reactions: fauxplayer

Belaja smert

Dec 28, 2017
to be fair the entire Patreon platform is for people to pledge monthly money in return for some updates or some semblance of a game in development.

i could go on and on but it’s already been discussed ad nausuem here on the pros and cons of what deem is doing.

i am keeping the faith that we’ll see 2.0 out later today. since i am not a patron, it’s up to the people actually pledging money to him to decide if the product he is putting out is worth continuing their hard earned dollars for.
Patreon decides how to share money if you think the system is must change money transfer. I believe that they are listening to members who fund the whole process. If funding for developers is a problem, I believe that appealing to anyone does not have to pay if not want!

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
People need to calm down and let him do his thing. Reworking the whole game to conform to Patreon's new rules is going to take some time. It's not like this is a minor update. His only other option really would be to abandon his Patreon page and go somewhere else and probably lose a big chunk of his customer base in the process. The current version is playable, just has a lot of stuff disabled.

I'm not sure if the Dotty thing was just intended as a joke or if that's really going in the full version, I found it a bit odd personally. I do like the new map and it seems like the corruption aspect isn't being stripped out, it's just being changed from actual MC to dialog/alcohol based which means it's obviously not as effective. IMO that's a good thing, more realistic. The downside is he'll have to rework the MC scenes a bit for the new mechanic.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017

Yes! I'll piggyback that and add that patrons are not purchasing a product. They are supporting a developer's plans to work on a project. The foundation of F95 is a pirating site to share products for free that might otherwise cost money. But a lot of patrons who contribute funds to devs are active here as well. Hell, pretty much every game I pledge to I discovered here. So there tends to be some back and forth between "pirates" and "patrons." That makes sense. I understand the pirate mentality, but it seems a lot of pirates don't understand the patron mentality....

I am and have been a patron of this project for awhile, and I have zero qualms about continuing. Yes, Deem has shot himself in the foot in some ways with his obsessive-compulsive drive to rework his game, but on the other hand, I value his commitment to releasing a quality update rather than releasing something passable just to appease the masses, which is why he still has my support. You might read this and think to yourself "sucker..." I get that lol. But my contributions are to support his commitment to producing quality updates, even if that takes more time than I can possibly comprehend.

I tend to pledge to fledgling games that show promise, and I'll freely admit that if a game becomes a "hit" I usually stop pledging. Devs with hundreds of patrons don't need my support, but I get satisfaction helping a new dev grow if their game shows promise. I was a very early Patron of this game because I loved the unique writing style and humor and wanted to support Deem's vision for his game. I was close to cancelling my patronage of this game before the shitstorm, because he didn't need my support anymore because his patronage has grown. But then when everything happened (which has been thoroughly detailed in this thread), I was motivated to continue to support him (you're thinking "sucker..." to yourself again, right? lol). I have zero problems, none, with the fact I have little "product" to show for my support over these last several months. Deem was an early target of Patreon's wrath, through sheer bad luck. He's been working his ass off to reshape his game while others (DMD and BB anyone?) ignored the warning signs and are now being completely closed down. I hope he's successful with maintaining the integrity of his vision within the new rules while continuing to develop a game that makes me laugh.

Potato

Oct 15, 2016
I mean, if I were one of them I would do the same. Lying for weeks on how amazing the alpha was, when it was pretty crappy with stripped content, missing renders and barely any new scenes...
Ah, the leaked ALPHA that wasn't the latest one out didn't fit your expectations?

The alpha testers here only said that they liked playing it, and were busy hunting bugs.

But if you judge a building under construction on it's intended function, it'll dissapoint you.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes