Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Ah, the leaked ALPHA that wasn't the latest one out didn't fit your expectations?

The alpha testers here only said that they liked playing it, and were busy hunting bugs.

But if you judge a building under construction on it's intended function, it'll dissapoint you.
You judge what you have, not what you could have in x days/weeks/months. You wouldn't clean your tools every half an hour if you were to build a house, would you?
And once again, a lot of the gripe happened not because of the result, but how everything went down with missed deadlines piling up, promises of great things to come and nothing delivered so far. Again, it's not because of the fact that it wasn't delivered immediately or in this build, but the way everybody was let to believe it would be like this and in the end it was just a miscommunication, but no "See guys, plain and simple: I fucked up". It always sounded like lame excuses and that's what let a lot of people to criticism, not necessarily the fact that they didn't get what they want when they want it. I can't deny that there were probably a few that acted like this, but not all of the critics.

alyoshakinbote

Jan 8, 2018
Deem made it clear well before Patreon's crackdown that he wasn't a fan of the pills in the game and wanted to rework that element. I actually prefer the game without them, as I enjoy using seduction and (and some corruption) without rapey bits. But I do enjoy the blackmailing Kait part of the game, because the way it was written hinted pretty clearly that she liked being dominated in a "let's give the bitch what she wants" kind of way. So it will be interested to see how that develops. And the "foreign exchange student" rewrite works just fine given Patreon's crackdown. You can always just imagine she's your daughter if you want :)
I suppose one way to rework the pills concept is to just introduce some cologne/pheromones shit that makes the main character irresistible. Cheesy, but possibly a workaround.

Totally agree regarding blackmailing Kait

Potato

Oct 15, 2016
You judge what you have, not what you could have in x days/weeks/months. You wouldn't clean your tools every half an hour if you were to build a house, would you?
Well, if you decide to go sleeping in a house with no roof while the water is falling from the clouds, don't complain about the rain.
And once again, a lot of the gripe happened not because of the result, but how everything went down with missed deadlines piling up, promises of great things to come and nothing delivered so far. Again, it's not because of the fact that it wasn't delivered immediately or in this build, but the way everybody was let to believe it would be like this and in the end it was just a miscommunication, but no "See guys, plain and simple: I fucked up". It always sounded like lame excuses and that's what let a lot of people to criticism, not necessarily the fact that they didn't get what they want when they want it. I can't deny that there were probably a few that acted like this, but not all of the critics.
I was responding to the lies about the testers. Read what I'm quoting. And read the updates on Patreon.

Reactions: fauxplayer

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Mhh, ok I probably didn't read everything that you quoted resp. wrote, but I faintly remember that everyone who had access to the 5 pre-alpha and alpha builds per day always said how awesome they are and how much content there is, but from the various comments in this thread it doesn't seem like there really was so much awesome content as all of them always said. Nevermind though, let's just wait a few more hours to see if he stays true to his word this time or if it's another case of nothing but hot air.

Reactions: Lenor

s4msepi0l

Jun 20, 2017
Ah, the leaked ALPHA that wasn't the latest one out didn't fit your expectations?

The alpha testers here only said that they liked playing it, and were busy hunting bugs.

But if you judge a building under construction on it's intended function, it'll dissapoint you.
The 1.99995 alpha wasn't leaked. And give me a fucking break, them saying that the alpha was amazing that there was much more content and the content that was reajusted was just million times better than what we had? If that's not lying to you then I don't know what is. You can call it just their opinion if you stretch it a bit, or maybe they're bling and never actually played that alpha, because we already know how shitty it was. Bugs, missing renders, stripped content and so many more things deem said were ready for the game and they just needed to kill some bugs, where were they? Jesus fucking christ I don't know if you're really that gullible or just want to protect your friends because if you look at the chain of events since the first delay, you have to be really fucking special to think they didn't lie a lot.

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Feb 19, 2017
I defended deems earlier in this thread as the end-of-2017 deadline approached, but it's harder to justify spending any time thinking about this game when it's taken an entire month since then and still no proper release.

It sounds like the alpha going around doesn't have much new content, and if that's true anyone expecting the followup release to somehow be packed with new stuff seems delusional.

I don't pledge for this game, but if I did I would be pretty unimpressed to throw away money every month toward not very much output. It's one thing if it was making 1000/month, but at 3000/month I'd think you could put the time in to get a release out, updated content guidelines be damned.

Still rooting for this to get back on track, but not expecting it.

Reactions: Lotex
U

User_215882

Cough wait for the complaints cause it didn't meet expectations etc etc.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
posted

Well, after using every minute I gave myself I feel pretty good about it. Kind of in zombie mode but I'll try to touch on some of the differences from the previous announced change log while I'm waiting.
A lot of the internal systems were changed to allow more possibilities going forward, chat was greatly overhauled, as well as a mood system being implemented (I believe I mentioned the changes to relationship status in the last patch notes). Whereas before it was just is_mad or is_furious now there's a lot more to play with and its closely integrated with the new chat system. More renders of course, and lots of time polishing up and extending the 2 animations included... ah, hold that thought. Uploads are finished.

DSSAlex

Aug 19, 2017
Now, I hope he chills out with some essential oils and aromatherapy candles so he can get chilled out and his head back on straight.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes