Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
heay dev guy, great work dude, ive got like 30 tabs open from F95 with different games that im checking out and this is def in the top 5 (for me)

i guess if you are looking for any suggestions im noticing that alot of people are asking for cheats and you need to modify a file in the game to get the console unlocked, why not just leave the console unlocked by default so you dont have people poking around in the files, and the accidentally killing their game somehow just trying to get cheats working?

cheers.
I don't have a problem leaving developer mode on. I've only turned it off out of convention, I suppose. If someone knows enough to use it then it's only a minor nuisance for them to turn it on themselves anyway.

hofuldig

Jul 5, 2017
I don't have a problem leaving developer mode on. I've only turned it off out of convention, I suppose. If someone knows enough to use it then it's only a minor nuisance for them to turn it on themselves anyway.
quite frankly i dont get why people would want to cheat in this game, i played 1.2 and you really dont need to cheat, as its not necessarily a hard game and there are many opportunities to do things, its not like you miss anything because you dont have the money to buy shit, i think it helps with the pacing.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Not sure. I am only stating this, as this dev has asked that it not be leaked.
Isn't that the reason for this forum??? Why do the devs get to rule??? Just like the other thread being locked simply because a pisshead dev refuses to publicly release his free game, and the mods cowering down?

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
Isn't that the reason for this forum??? Why do the devs get to rule??? Just like the other thread being locked simply because a pisshead dev refuses to publicly release his free game, and the mods cowering down?
Would you rather play a quality game or something that is broken?

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Would you rather play a quality game or something that is broken?
I don't think the mods should be allowing devs to decide what is leaked or when. And I don't respect the other thread being arbitrarily locked until the mod decides to release the game or the dev does, whichever comes first.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
I don't think the mods should be allowing devs to decide what is leaked or when. And I don't respect the other thread being arbitrarily locked until the mod decides to release the game or the dev does, whichever comes first.
I personally wont leak anything, out of respect for him.

I understand what this site is for but it is also a balancing act, as this does drive advertisement to them as well. I would honestly rather play more complete updates, than something that breaks my saves or crashing every 5 minutes.

On the subject about the other thread. This thread has nothing to do with what happen in that one. Also the dev who is making this game is probably much more different than the one that was dealt with there.

Now if someone decides to go spend $40 to get the alpha download links and post it here. I would update the OP with them. There will be a disclaimer on it stating its an alpha build and may be broken.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
@401Grem, this is how it goes...
1- If it gets posted here, of course we will add it to the O.P. That's the same for every developer. The only exception is waiting in case there is something in there to identify the leaker.
2- @irredeemable is also a member and deserves the same respect as everyone else. What sets him apart is he's not getting angry about the leaks, he's worried the bugs will make him look bad. I understand that. He needs the tester's input to crush the bugs. If it's spread out, people will think he's making a buggy game when he's actually trying to get testing to find the bugs BEFORE everyone gets it.
3- Out of respect for @irredeemable, some uploaders and myself will not post the alpha if we personally find it. Of course I'll play it, but I'd PM him or start a private convo and let him know what I found. :D
Reminder.. all members deserve respect, even the ones who are developers. We will be tough on them when we need to be and we have. On the other hand, if they are respectful, we will return the respect.

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
@401Grem, this is how it goes...
1- If it gets posted here, of course we will add it to the O.P. That's the same for every developer. The only exception is waiting in case there is something in there to identify the leaker.
2- @irredeemable is also a member and deserves the same respect as everyone else. What sets him apart is he's not getting angry about the leaks, he's worried the bugs will make him look bad. I understand that. He needs the tester's input to crush the bugs. If it's spread out, people will think he's making a buggy game when he's actually trying to get testing to find the bugs BEFORE everyone gets it.
3- Out of respect for @irredeemable, some uploaders and myself will not post the alpha if we personally find it. Of course I'll play it, but I'd PM him or start a private convo and let him know what I found. :D
Reminder.. all members deserve respect, even the ones who are developers. We will be tough on them when we need to be and we have. On the other hand, if they are respectful, we will return the respect.
Thank you. For example, only minutes after release there was found a game-breaking bug that required a patch. It was patched within minutes, but if I had released that version as I typically do then that version would have been widely disseminated and suddenly the game gets a huge reputation as being unplayably bugged. Again, I'm putting no kind of DRM or tracking malware even in the alpha version. If someone wants to leak it, that's up to them. I would hope that they wouldn't until it's in a very playable state but I'm not going to make any concerted effort to stop it.

This latest version is definitely something I'd like to make public as soon as possible, not only for the new content but because it fixes many prevalent bugs from previous versions.Given how well the alpha test has gone so far, I am also considering a faster release schedule than previously announced. So keep an eye out for that.

Last edited:

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I know the 1.4 Alpha Test is strictly reserved for $40 donors/Alpha Testers. But I would absolutely positively love to get my hands on this version. By the way, don't blame me irredeemable, blame yourself for making such a damn good RenPy game!
blame everybody here for be perv peoples :)

you, me, irredeemable, F95 staff... everybody here XD

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
well i dont see the necessity to leak anything ...
i mean, the game is free right ? so i just prefer wait (and make peoples wait) before play it in most stable version possible.

after all, it normal , patreons guys should be able to "test" before everybody else as they pay for it.
its not like we are useless to help too. but its more correct that they got privileges (exactly what they pay for)

i myself are a beta tester for big company game, and i know what leaking can do. it not only a matter of respect, its also a matter of survavibility and rentability for games.

never forget , a leaked shit is never representative of the final product.

give us something good irredeemable :)

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Also, I will take responsibility for not having set up my workflow in such a way that it's possible to release necessary bug fixes without also releasing a major content patch. This is something I am working on and will hopefully be resolved in the future.

JohnJameson

Jan 19, 2017
Also, I will take responsibility for not having set up my workflow in such a way that it's possible to release necessary bug fixes without also releasing a major content patch. This is something I am working on and will hopefully be resolved in the future.
Something in your game crashes down when i used Cheat Engine. So i need to now, where the saves? Need delete saves, game don`t work. Help pls, i can`t find them in AppData\RenPy.

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Something in your game crashes down when i used Cheat Engine. So i need to now, where the saves? Need delete saves, game don`t work. Help pls, i can`t find them in AppData\RenPy.
I couldn't tell you any better than Google could, to be honest. They're in the typical Ren'Py save directories.

JohnJameson

Jan 19, 2017
I delete all saves from renpy directory(because don't know what i need to delete) and it still don`t work. And, i create another account profile - no problem, all fine.

JohnJameson

Jan 19, 2017
I find problem. It don`t work, becouse we have 2 saves. One in game directory, one in appdata. So need delete them all.

UselessAcc

Jun 3, 2017
well i dont see the necessity to leak anything ...
i mean, the game is free right ? so i just prefer wait (and make peoples wait) before play it in most stable version possible.

after all, it normal , patreons guys should be able to "test" before everybody else as they pay for it.
its not like we are useless to help too. but its more correct that they got privileges (exactly what they pay for)
By this logic, this forum is useless. Let's just call it like it is: people here don't want to leak the alpha, because they like the dev; and that's perfectly fine. All that "buggy mess" reasoning is bullshit, because let's be honest: if a link was posted, everyone would devour it like a dog devours a cat poop.

Reactions: Pyjak Slayer

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
By this logic, this forum is useless. Let's just call it like it is: people here don't want to leak the alpha, because they like the dev; and that's perfectly fine. All that "buggy mess" reasoning is bullshit, because let's be honest: if a link was posted, everyone would devour it like a dog devours a cat poop.
its nothing to do with fact if we love dev or not...
dev is new, nobody know him, that will not change anything compared to an well know dev.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes