Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

skullker

Sep 29, 2017
For people confused about the whole situation with the "fake version":
There was never a fake 2.0 on this website, it was the actual version from Deems Patreon page. However one of his friends came and claimed that the version was fake. So the whole forum went in meltdown mode. Afterwards I became a Patreon of Deem and uploaded the 2.0 Version that is aviable on his page. People started realizing that it was the same version that duncandg uploaded, the supposed "fake".
So a massive shitstorm went of and people either accused duncandg and me of trolling, while the others accused Deems friend of lying.
The mods then had to lock the thread and verify that the version duncandg and me uploaded was the real deal. As it turned out it was the actual 2.0 and the the friend got a threat ban.

Tl;dr: Someone claimed the 2.0 version was a fake, but it wasn`t threat got lockdown to verify version. It was real deal and the liar got threatbanned.

Edit: typos

yuyu2008

May 17, 2017
For people confused about the whole situation with the "fake version":
There was never a fake 2.0 on this website, it was the actual version from Deems Patreon page. However one of his friends came and claimed that the version was fake. So the whole forum went in meltdown mode. Afterwards I became a Patreon of Deem and ulploaded the 2.0 Version that is aviable on his page. People started realizing that it was the same version that duncandg uploaded, the supposed "fake".
So a massive shitstorm went of and people either accused duncandg and me of trolling, while the others accused Deems friend of lying.
The mods then had to lock the thread and verify that the version duncandg and me uploaded was the real deal. As it turned out it was the actual 2.0 and the the friend got a threat ban.

Tl;dr: Someone claimed the 2.0 version was a fake, but it wasn`t threat got lockdown to verify version. It was real deal and the liar got threatbanned.

Edit: typos
Skullker, for me, the version uploaded by you two was the real version. But a throll came and created confusion. Sorry for you. And thanks for the original upload.

Reactions: Lenor
L

Lenor

There are good, acceptable and bad Devs, like everything in life. But in first I'm always going to give them my vote of trust. Why? Because they give me something, making a game that perhaps allows me to have fun and spend some good moments.

I also respect those who provide news, dispassionate comments about the games and tips. These people are also valuable.

But instead, what gives me a hater who sits behind a keyboard and just spreads his complaints? Nothing.
What does someone like that "reviewer" give me with his pseudo intellectualoides critics, which show that as a gamer he sucks, destroying the work of another even if is a demo? Absolutely nothing.
What do I care how much the Dev earn, how many patreons has, and what do with his life? I only care about the product he deliver. And if is delayed, there's another one uploading his own release.

That's why, although some disappoint me, others make games that don't interest me, and others that watching the synopsis no bother to download, I'll always respect the Devs. In short, thanks to them and those who selflessly offer their opinions, helps and share something here, we have this forum.
After 6 months he delivered a product that is inferior to the previous one. I'm sorry if I have higher standards for respecting devs.

Who was the one banned for saying the 2.0 posted was fake? If it was one of deem's discord mod/admin then that is taking shilling to the extreme (maybe he thought he could buy some time until next update, I dunno). Not trying to stir any shit up, but there's not much to discuss game-wise since we've only gotten 2 new scenes in the last 6 months and one of them was already in the game, just remade.
It was one of the developer's friends/alpha tester, not sure if he was a mod or anything else, that said it was fake so it gave deem more time to fix bugs. That or just straigth up trolling.

To all naysayers, I would reserve judgement until the next update. As far as I'm aware, this is the only dev that took patreon's threats seriously and altered his game. Look at dmd & bb, those devs half-assedly altered their games and now they're on hold. Sure, it took awhile for deem to make the changes, but if you remember before the mess he had been updating at a consistent pace.

Was the update disappointing compared to the hype? yes
Were we all expecting more from this given the time period? yes
Did deem put his face style on Dotty and make her look like Chuckie's bride? yes

That being said, my pitchfork remains at home. If after next update there's nothing of note, then it'll come out or better yet, I'll ignore this thread and be done with it.
So you want me to reserve judgement until 6 months from now. It didn't take awhile, it took 6 months for absolutely nothing.

Wait so someone can quickly explain smth to me?
Did the ACTUAL 2.0 leak?
Or was there never a troll who faked a 2.0?
If the actual 2.0 can someone point me to the correct download please?
I'd be really grateful, it's a bit of a confusing mess rn.
It was the legit 2.0 and it's the exact same one in the OP.

Reactions: Daruko01

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
I wanted to wait for 2.0 to download and check this out, but it seems that the game have less content than previous version. I posted month and half ago, that I will lmafo if it will have month worth of content added, but it's just sad now. I belive that what devs needs the most right now it's healthy criticism from his friends and patrons. But I'm hardly convinced that the game will be completed nevertheless. Dev soon enough will be burn out.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
After 6 months he delivered a product that is inferior to the previous one. I'm sorry if I have higher standards for respecting devs.

It was one of the developer's friends/alpha tester, not sure if he was a mod or anything else, that said it was fake so it gave deem more time to fix bugs. That or just straigth up trolling.

So you want me to reserve judgement until 6 months from now. It didn't take awhile, it took 6 months for absolutely nothing.

It was the legit 2.0 and it's the exact same one in the OP.
Mass quoting people who haven't said a word to you, with the same responses over and over again does not add to discussion and is just pure bait. As explained yesterday, this constant regurgitating has got to stop. This goes for people both sides of the argument.

Some fact checks for the sake of balance;
  • Jmolle has never had any moderator powers, just 'Jr Uploader' role which anyone can apply for
  • It looks like it's been just over 4 months, still an insane amount of time but it's certainly not 6 months.
  • If you run a diff comparing the codebase between 1.6x and 2.0 there have been quite a large number of changes, certainly not 4 months worth but it's disingenuous to claim that 'absolutely nothing' has changed. I didn't bother comparing renders as I haven't played either versions and don't know what renders have changed etc.
Again, stop the baiting.

L

Lenor

Mass quoting people who haven't said a word to you, with the same responses over and over again does not add to discussion and is just pure bait. As explained yesterday, this constant regurgitating has got to stop. This goes for people both sides of the argument.

Some fact checks for the sake of balance;
  • Jmolle has never had any moderator powers, just 'Jr Uploader' role which anyone can apply for
  • It looks like it's been just over 4 months, still an insane amount of time but it's certainly not 6 months.
  • If you run a diff comparing the codebase between 1.6x and 2.0 there have been quite a large number of changes, certainly not 4 months worth but it's disingenuous to claim that 'absolutely nothing' has changed. I didn't bother comparing renders as I haven't played either versions and don't know what renders have changed etc.
Again, stop the baiting.
So now I can't quote people?

I was talking about Jmolle being a mod on deem's patreon, not on the site here.

Pretty sure it's been 6 months since 1.632 but even if it's only been 4 the argument doesn't change one bit.

Comparing renders/code doesn't do the update justice since some can't be seen anymore because of changes to the mind control pills. If you play both 1.632 and 2.0 you'll realise the old one has more content.

I'm not baiting, I'm just going against people who still defend the dev. and you're also doing it while not having played the game. You're the one who needs to get the facts right.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
So now I can't quote people?
You shouldn't be looking to pick fights with anyone who shows the slightest glimpse of positivity towards the game or the developer.

Pretty sure it's been 6 months since 1.632 but even if it's only been 4 the argument doesn't change one bit.
Last 1.6 update (v1.632) was 2017-09-27, October, November, December, January, that's just over 4 months.
2 months, 6 months, a year, sure what's the difference?

Comparing renders doesn't do the update justice because some can't be seen anymore because of changes to the mind control pills. If you play both 1.632 and 2.0 you'll realise the old one has more content.
As I said, I haven't compared renders, just code changes.

I'm not bating, I'm just going against people who still defend the dev.
"Going against" are the key words here, try not to be so combative. People are allowed to have different opinions, you don't have to go after every single person.

and you're also doing it while not having played the game.
The difference here is I'm not picking fights with anyone, I'm attempting to mediate and provide balance to your statements.

L

Lenor

Why do you care?
I care because a few months ago I would get bashed by 7 different people for saying anything negative while they'd keep saying how amazingly the alpha is progressing when it was pure lies.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes