Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Hmmm the wife doesn't speak at all to the MC except to interrupt him with the daughter with the fucking shitter he half-ass fixes, the daughter only says, "same as yesterday only, blah blah blah..." Anne has the same conversation about her husband, grind, grind, grind.... The only thing left is stick it in my ass! btw Where is the kitchen? My MC hasn't eaten in weeks. Maybe that's why that bitch sits and reads all fucking day instead of fucking cooking like she suppose to. lmao
Fun fact, the wife's intro was initially in the kitchen, but I couldn't get the lighting to look good. I'm sure there'll be a kitchen again at some point when it's called for. You probably won't find the wife cooking in there for you though, unfortunately.

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
You must be a speed-reader. Along with being speedy at other things. Congratulations-- that means you can finish 99% of all WEGs without needless grind in 10 minutes. Yes, it's meant to be open ended so the game continues even after the content is finished. Do you think that is inferior to a style that says "Hey, I've written enough melodrama for today so join me next time for Blue Balls part 73?"
Speed reader?

I read every single word.

Dating my Daughter has hours of fun.

Compared to this it is a mega saga.

I am just wondering if it is some sort of bug or if this really is all the content there is.

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
RobJoy appears to be a troll who thinks AAA titles with million dollar budgets and one man developing teams with peanuts for patreon dollars are one and the same.

oh well, not every game is your cup of tea I understand. i for one am patiently waiting for the end of the month for the next TP content update :D

Meghan college event sounds like a winner already.
Well FU man.
You are of course entitled to your little opinions.

I am SERIOUSLY concerned here because this is new to me.
Apparently it is the norm with these ultra short mini novels.

So I digress.

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Fun fact, the wife's intro was initially in the kitchen, but I couldn't get the lighting to look good. I'm sure there'll be a kitchen again at some point when it's called for. You probably won't find the wife cooking in there for you though, unfortunately.
Can you please correct hideous expression on wife's face when you drug her and want to perform sex? Her mouth is malformed and detracting to the point you have to squint.

Otherwise the best damn sex animation I have seen yet.
Perfect timing and just the right bounce.

Come to think of it, all the female models have hideous expressions on their face when you are bout to do something naughty. I think the daughter is the only one who is normal in that regard.

I can see great potential for this game.
Only if you could get more hands to work on the content that is.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
Speed reader?

I read every single word.

Dating my Daughter has hours of fun.

Compared to this it is a mega saga.

I am just wondering if it is some sort of bug or if this really is all the content there is.
Dating my daughter development started sept 2016
This game less than 2 months ago.

So the difference in content is not so strange.

Reactions: DeMarcus16

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Dating my daughter development started sept 2016
This game less than 2 months ago.

So the difference in content is not so strange.

But why the hell is it already on the Patron then when there is nothing to show?

This is at bare maximum a concept. If that.

So if I have a great idea, I do some DAZ work and write some lines, can I immediately hop on the patreon bandwagon in hopes people will support me? LOL

In my mind, this is far too little to even consider it.

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
You are, of course, entitled to that opinion.
For me there was more than enough to get my interest and to support him on patreon (albeit only one of the smaller tiers). I'd also like to mention that he does a great job interacting with the community over there, regular polls and such.

paladin07

May 28, 2017
But why the hell is it already on the Patron then when there is nothing to show?

This is at bare maximum a concept. If that.

So if I have a great idea, I do some DAZ work and write some lines, can I immediately hop on the patreon bandwagon in hopes people will support me? LOL

In my mind, this is far too little to even consider it.
Dating my daughter only had the first short little Day 1 content when it was launched (I didn't follow the game until day 7 or 8, but you can see this from the earliest posts on the DMD thread. So it is not surprising that the content is limited in the first month or two of a project.

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
You are, of course, entitled to that opinion.
For me there was more than enough to get my interest and to support him on patreon (albeit only one of the smaller tiers). I'd also like to mention that he does a great job interacting with the community over there, regular polls and such.
Well I applaud that.
You after all are the reason, he is continuing to work on the game in the first place.

But it sets a bad precedent for the future.

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Dating my daughter only had the first short little Day 1 content when it was launched (I didn't follow the game until day 7 or 8, but you can see this from the earliest posts on the DMD thread. So it is not surprising that the content is limited in the first month or two of a project.
I am not used to this at all. Makes no sense to me.

But then again, as long as people are willing to pay a monthly sub to someone to do this kind of work, there will always be dev wannabees who want to suck from the same titty, and succeed.

paladin07

May 28, 2017
I am not used to this at all. Makes no sense to me.

But then again, as long as people are willing to pay a monthly sub to someone to do this kind of work, there will always be dev wannabees who want to suck from the same titty, and succeed.
Devs typically launch a project with a limited amount of content. In DMD, it was one day. Each update is another day. With Teacher's Pet it is more of a sandbox (limited set of places to go each day, different activities at different times) and at the beginning there is not a lot of special events, but he is adding new special events with each update. Can't expect a finished project at the beginning. These are individuals or small teams, not gaming studios. If these devs were making finished products, they would be selling on sites for finished products instead of asking for support from patrons.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
I suppose you are not really following the scene of the patreon projects LOL. This game is one of the good one. However this is not really the right place to discuss about it. So please keep your comment strictly on the present content and not on the lack of that.

You can open a thread in the general discussion area if you like continue discussing about patreon in general :). Thanks a lot

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Really Rob, turn it down a notch. About setting a bad precedent: it would if irredeemable showed signs of slacking of or 'milking the Patreon cow'. Check some of the other titles, then you'll see the difference between them and him.
Bottom line: right now he doesn't (slack of, I mean), as a matter of fact he updates/polls/etc. almost daily, so he'll get my continued support.

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Devs typically launch a project with a limited amount of content. In DMD, it was one day. Each update is another day. With Teacher's Pet it is more of a sandbox (limited set of places to go each day, different activities at different times) and at the beginning there is not a lot of special events, but he is adding new special events with each update. Can't expect a finished project at the beginning. These are individuals or small teams, not gaming studios. If these devs were making finished products, they would be selling on sites for finished products instead of asking for support from patrons.
I understand all that.

But If I were making this sort of game, I would spend at least 1 year on it so it at least has some meat to it.

THEN I would pitch it to the public and continue.

It is only fair FFS. Else any idiot can pitch an idea, do some CGI scenes and go straight to Patreon.
This is a recipe for disaster and poor content, riddled with bugs.
A lot of unhappy "customers" and patrons to boot.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
you make it sound so easy Rob.

i can agree with you in the sense that there are bad dev's out there "milking the cow" as you put it, but at the same time there are some that put their heart and soul into it on their free time after working full time on the regular jobs. the last one I want to do after work is anything so mad respect to these people for keeping it going.

it's not as simple as stringing together some cgi together. I'm not a programmer by any means and I looked up what goes into just getting started in Ren'py. it's a lot of work for planning, writing, coding, rendering, putting it all together while considering possible branching paths, and then bug testing. for every "good" game there's 20 or so crap ones with no potential.

irredeemable is doing a pretty good job so far keeping people updated and his game has potential, which is why he has people supporting him.

Reactions: Darth Helmet

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
you make it sound so easy Rob.

i can agree with you in the sense that there are bad dev's out there "milking the cow" as you put it, but at the same time there are some that put their heart and soul into it on their free time after working full time on the regular jobs. the last one I want to do after work is anything so mad respect to these people for keeping it going.

it's not as simple as stringing together some cgi together. I'm not a programmer by any means and I looked up what goes into just getting started in Ren'py. it's a lot of work for planning, writing, coding, rendering, putting it all together while considering possible branching paths, and then bug testing. for every "good" game there's 20 or so crap ones with no potential.

irredeemable is doing a pretty good job so far keeping people updated and his game has potential, which is why he has people supporting him.

It is easy if you are a designer and weekend programmer.

And I won't argue with you regarding the rest. You are right.

Problem is too many people with "ideas" and not too many skilled people from the industry attempt to do this.

That is why content is slow.

Avenger777

Mar 19, 2017
Generally, most people on patreon are artists/freelancers/designers. People with a lot of skill, but that don't have a job. There can be X reasons for that. Company work is crap and most of the time they restrict one's abilities. Or is a recent graduate that don't have enough job experience to be taken seriously on the market.

Patreon can be considered, by itself, a resume if you wish. "Here's what I do. I play games with excellent commentary/draw fantastic images/develop games. If you like my work, please support me, and can keep working on this". Plague of Gripes is a good example. A farmer in Kentucky (I don't remember) that draws good stuff. A big part of his income is through Patreon, and he is very popular among some people, and fanbase of channels he works with (2BF mostly). That helps because his popularity increases with every image or collab done.

Now, let's say you have the skills, but is not well known. You need to earn money someway. Are you going to work to the point of exhaustion, make a complete game in 3 months without any for of income? Nope. You are going to make a proof of concept, show what you can do and make the most of it. People are going to see you are capable, and will pay some money every month. That's how people do.

Now, quoting the Man-Emperor of Mankind, to hit the coffin on the hammer of the last nail, the word Patreon, comes from Patron, the person who does Patronage, or the act to support, encourage or help financially another. Do you think that Raphael, da Vinci, and many others only got their money at the end of a sculpture or painting? Of course not. They received money over time, to encourage and aid them on their work, to finish, shall we say, their Magnum Opus.

That is why many games fall flat. The developer showed that they can't keep up, and the patreons go look for someone else. That is also why many games become a cash cow. "Why show everything if I can upload very little every month?" Irredeemable is making his content free, and asking for opinions outside of his patreon, something that few developers do.

So, don't go firing all guns with "I would wait a year before uploading something". You would be dead of hunger long before that.

Remember that little content is best than no content, and smalls steps are better (and have a higher chance of evolving) than lying dead on the ground.

Zhiqin32

Jul 15, 2017
Hey guys i just downloaded and was playing but like after keying in the names and the credit card number i get stuck on the screen that says "But if the purpose of second person is to increase immersion..." basically at the starting. I cant seem to get past it and pressing enter z x clicking doesn't work. Any idea why?

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Simply put, to me it is inconceivable to put out something that is marginal at best.
I would not dare.

If I were to release this burden of passion (game), I would still go to work, do my job and come home to work on it in my spare time. That is why I have said "worked on at least 1 year".
That year mostly involves 2 hours per day. At the most.

So really, not a lot of effort if you enjoy working on something like this as a hobby with a passion.

Once I would deem it to be audience/demo worthy, I would release it in the wild to get an opinion.
After all I created MY fantasy, so I did not suffer financially or otherwise making it in the first place.

If I would see it is liked by most, and the criticisms are well thought out and argued, I would consider creating a business plan. Patreon would be just the beginning to get me started. Once that is at full throttle, only then I would put business plan in action and hire more people, quit my job and be self employed.

If I had absolute proof that this can work sustainably.
Then the game would be so far along, I could put it as an early access on STEAM or something similar.

I know I would do a quality product and I would have the resources to actually make content fast enough for the people.

I would be happy, they would be happy and the world has another FAP worthy game.

I would do it in Episodes.
Same model as Telltale Games uses.
Exactly the same.

Enough content for most, to support the game and buy every further episode coming down the line.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes