Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
Hey guys i just downloaded and was playing but like after keying in the names and the credit card number i get stuck on the screen that says "But if the purpose of second person is to increase immersion..." basically at the starting. I cant seem to get past it and pressing enter z x clicking doesn't work. Any idea why?
there should be an option at the middle to click that as an option to continue. I think because the black text box blends in with the black background too well.

Reactions: Zhiqin32

jason95821

Feb 10, 2017
so hows the updates coming ^_-
will i be able to properly spy on my daughter in the shower
or maybe spank a naughty cheerleader ^_-

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
But why the hell is it already on the Patron then when there is nothing to show?

This is at bare maximum a concept. If that.

So if I have a great idea, I do some DAZ work and write some lines, can I immediately hop on the patreon bandwagon in hopes people will support me? LOL

In my mind, this is far too little to even consider it.
Not trying to talk shit about DmD, but I'll use it as a comparison since you did: DmD launched with Day 1. I played it a long time ago, so I don't really remember, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't much to it.

I launched with 6 characters to introduce, 3 interactive and animated sex scenes, an inventory system and a navigable world. They are fundamentally different games. TP is open ended, you are supposed to go on about your day normally and sometimes nothing interesting happens, then sometimes these interesting events pop up. Furthermore, there are actually meaningfully branching conversation trees, not just "here are three 'choices', you have to click all of them and the order doesn't matter."

All of this makes the game not only more difficult to write, but also gives the appearance of less content because it's spread out, not given to you linearly all in one big chunk.

I just checked my word count and it's more than 15,000 (that's dialogue extracted fron Ren'Py--it doesn't include the main character at all since he speaks in menus, nor any of the other potentially amusing bits like item captions). I'm not going to go word-counting other games but I'm sure that's more than other games that don't get labeled as low-content. I'm so sick of hearing about how little content there is that sometimes I wish I had just made a simple, linear VN. With the amount of time I've put in I'd probably be finished by now.

Last edited:

Potato

Oct 15, 2016
Not trying to talk shit about DmD, but I'll use it as a comparison since you did: DmD launch with Day 1. I played it a long time ago, so I don't really remember, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't much to it.

I launched with 6 characters to introduce, 3 interactive sex scenes, and a navigable world. They are fundamentally different games. TP is open ended, you are supposed to go on about your day normally and sometimes nothing interesting happens, then sometimes these interesting events pop up. Furthermore, there are actually meaningfully branching conversation trees, not just "here are three things you can say, you have to say all of them and the order doesn't matter."

All of this makes the game not only more difficult to write, but also gives the appearance of less content because it's spread out, not given to you linearly all in one big chunk.

I just checked my word count and it's more than 15,000. I not going to go word-counting other games but I'm sure that's more than other games that don't get labeled as low-content. I'm so sick of hearing about how little content sometimes I wish I had just made a simple, linear VN. With the amount of time I've put in I'd probably be finished by now.
DMD 1 was short and linear, you made an open world.

DMD mainly revolves around one character, your game leaves room for multiple characters.

Your narrator breaks the fourth wall, makes jokes and references in a unique way.

Don't let one negative opinion get to you, keep up the good work!

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Not trying to talk shit about DmD, but I'll use it as a comparison since you did: DmD launch with Day 1. I played it a long time ago, so I don't really remember, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't much to it.

I launched with 6 characters to introduce, 3 interactive sex scenes, and a navigable world. They are fundamentally different games. TP is open ended, you are supposed to go on about your day normally and sometimes nothing interesting happens, then sometimes these interesting events pop up. Furthermore, there are actually meaningfully branching conversation trees, not just "here are three things you can say, you have to say all of them and the order doesn't matter."

I just checked my word count and it's more than 15,000. I not going to go word-counting other games but I'm sure that's more than other games that don't get labeled as low-content. I'm so sick of hearing about how little content sometimes I wish I had just made a simple, linear VN. With the amount of time I've put in I'd probably be finished by now.

Then I clearly played a bugged version it seems.

I read every single word in every dialog option.

Finished all achievements.

After that, everything just repeats indefinitely, without end in sight or any more branching.
The only individuals you are left to interact with in the loop is two students, one teacher, daughter, wife.

All of them repeating the same shit over and over again.

Couldn't you have created it in such a way that when one line of text is spoken, when one act is complete, you NEVER go back to the same shit?

I am really confused here.
Do I have a bugged version or did you really construct it like this for some ungodly reason?

Don't get me wrong, I love the premise.

Potato

Oct 15, 2016

After that, everything just repeats indefinitely, without end in sight or any more branching.
The only individuals you are left to interact with in the loop is two students, one teacher, daughter, wife.

All of them repeating the same shit over and over again.

Couldn't you have created it in such a way that when one line of text is spoken, when one act is complete, you NEVER go back to the same shit?

Do I have a bugged version or did you really construct it like this for some ungodly reason?

Don't get me wrong, I love the premise.
Oh no, you can replay scenes!!!!

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Not trying to talk shit about DmD, but I'll use it as a comparison since you did: DmD launched with Day 1. I played it a long time ago, so I don't really remember, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't much to it.

I launched with 6 characters to introduce, 3 interactive and animated sex scenes, an inventory system and a navigable world. They are fundamentally different games. TP is open ended, you are supposed to go on about your day normally and sometimes nothing interesting happens, then sometimes these interesting events pop up. Furthermore, there are actually meaningfully branching conversation trees, not just "here are three 'choices', you have to click all of them and the order doesn't matter."

First build of DMD had literally no content, you answered the door and had a few dialogue choices and the build would end.

Reactions: FSDL and jande21

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017

Do you not know how to exit the game or something? I mean you're allowed to stop playing.

@irredeemable, in the next version, once every new scene has been played once, please have a still of Ferris Bueller pop up to tell my dude here that he can go now.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
But why the hell is it already on the Patron then when there is nothing to show?

This is at bare maximum a concept. If that.

So if I have a great idea, I do some DAZ work and write some lines, can I immediately hop on the patreon bandwagon in hopes people will support me? LOL

In my mind, this is far too little to even consider it.
Pretty much 90%+ of the fapable games on Patreon are basically not more than concepts with a scene or two, and some images to show what's going on. For many, that's fine, and it's been going on for quite a while now, its not new.

These days having something, anything, that gives a concept (sort of like the elevator business pitch - something you can do in under 5 minutes) is what gets buzz and a place for people to talk about the game. Set up a Patreon, continue to work, and content as well as support flows.

Everyone has their own tastes, I have a few I have seen, and supported when they had only a few minutes of content, watching them grow over time. Patreon may not be for you, and that's fine, but it definitely works for some people and because of them we get some pretty good games.

Mask_Dupants

May 26, 2017
First time in this thread
I dont know how works the mind control in this game but that genre is a turn off for me because i like more building a relationship and then corrupting them little by little instead of given them drugs potion or hypnotizing with some magic powers. But well the game seems popular so i gonna give it a try :test:

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
First time in this thread
I dont know how works the mind control in this game but that genre is a turn off for me because i like more building a relationship and then corrupting them little by little instead of given them drugs potion or hypnotizing with some magic powers. But well the game seems popular so i gonna give it a try :test:
I'm moving away from classic mind control to more of a "love potion" model (for reasons I've mentioned in this thread), if that makes a difference to you. The move isn't complete yet, but basically the idea is each character has a romance trigger, that trigger is hit if you're able to use the drug on them. Once you've hit their romance trigger certain conversation choices and events that may otherwise have only boosted affection will also boost romance.

Subsequent uses of the pill will give you some # of romance points with the character (points which are also possible to get without using any pills). It may be harder to get that romance trigger on certain characters (your daughter, for example) without the drug, but it will be possible. I also have plans for the more nefarious sort of traditional pills to optionally popup in an ironic sort of way in the endgame, but I don't want to spoil anything more about that.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Well I like where you've been going so far with this game Irredeemable! Keep up the good work, and of course give us decent and fun content with the upcoming releases!

I like how this game isn't taking itself too seriously.

Reactions: FSDL

hofuldig

Jul 5, 2017
its pretty freaking nuts that people are complaining about this game having no content when its literally a work in progress, guys ITS AN ALPHA...for christ sake....

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
I just released, hopefully, the final alpha for this release. If everything goes well there'll be a public release for early access patrons tomorrow. This will include only the Anne main storyline (though there are lots of other minor changes in the game) as I felt it was important to get this update out quickly since it also addresses many bugs and, more importantly, many typos that make me look utterly foolish (thank you to f95 user somebodynobody for pointing out many of them).

It turns out it's really hard to proofread your own game. Even though I've read many of those lines hundreds of times I've always read what I thought was there, not the actual broken English that was there.

For those looking forward to the Meg/college storyline: that is very much still in the works, nearly completed in terms of writing, so expect to see another major update soon.

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Donor
Respected User
Apr 7, 2017
I just released, hopefully, the final alpha for this release. If everything goes well there'll be a public release for early access patrons tomorrow. This will include only the Anne main storyline (though there are lots of other minor changes in the game) as I felt it was important to get this update out quickly since it also addresses many bugs and, more importantly, many typos that make me look utterly foolish (thank you to f95 user somebodynobody for pointing out many of them).

It turns out it's really hard to proofread your own game. Even though I've read many of those lines hundreds of times I've always read what I thought was there, not the actual broken English that was there.

For those looking forward to the Meg/college storyline: that is very much still in the works, nearly completed in terms of writing, so expect to see another major update soon.
Can't wait to get my big meaty claws on the new update. Keep up the great work!

Reactions: griffor

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017

Well, you could have my problem. It seems like my fingers have minds of their own when I'm typing. Sometimes completely different words come out... which of course means I edit my posts after the fact for typos... I tend to miss the squiggly misspelling lines (red on black) the first time around too. I use the preview, but I still end up missing things...

I'm a reasonably good speller, but my fingers do their own thing.

I'm sure people here won't mind pointing out the typos and any 'weird' text when they see it. Don't beat yourself up too much about it, and be glad that there are people following your game that don't mind pointing out such things! As long as the story is good, well it's an alpha so typos are expected.

As far as the amount of content (or lack thereof, for those games that are light on content), as long as you are clear about it up front, to help people decide if it's worth their time to download it yet or not, well a lot of people appreciate that. Some people will complain anyways, but you can't please everyone!

Looking forward to the alpha release you mentioned! I enjoyed the alpha version of this game that I downloaded, which is several weeks old now.

Reactions: FSDL
3.20 star(s) 40 Votes