Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Well, you could have my problem. It seems like my fingers have minds of their own when I'm typing. Sometimes completely different words come out... which of course means I edit my posts after the fact for typos... I tend to miss the squiggly misspelling lines (red on black) the first time around too. I use the preview, but I still end up missing things...

I'm a reasonably good speller, but my fingers do their own thing.

I'm sure people here won't mind pointing out the typos and any 'weird' text when they see it. Don't beat yourself up too much about it, and be glad that there are people following your game that don't mind pointing out such things! As long as the story is good, well it's an alpha so typos are expected.

As far as the amount of content (or lack thereof, for those games that are light on content), as long as you are clear about it up front, to help people decide if it's worth their time to download it yet or not, well a lot of people appreciate that. Some people will complain anyways, but you can't please everyone!

Looking forward to the alpha release you mentioned! I enjoyed the alpha version of this game that I downloaded, which is several weeks old now.
Yep, regarding typos, it's a combination of multiple things. One: just normal typos that go unnoticed when I'm reading over them for the 100th time. Also, I use Atom for both coding and writing and have no spell check installed at the moment (I really should) 2: Typos caused by machine lag due to rendering in the background (still happening, unfortunately, until I get back home and have both of my PCs active), and 3: maybe sometimes having a drink or two while writing? Nah, #3 can't be it.

Reactions: Daveck

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Pretty much 90%+ of the fapable games on Patreon are basically not more than concepts with a scene or two, and some images to show what's going on. For many, that's fine, and it's been going on for quite a while now, its not new.

These days having something, anything, that gives a concept (sort of like the elevator business pitch - something you can do in under 5 minutes) is what gets buzz and a place for people to talk about the game. Set up a Patreon, continue to work, and content as well as support flows.

Everyone has their own tastes, I have a few I have seen, and supported when they had only a few minutes of content, watching them grow over time. Patreon may not be for you, and that's fine, but it definitely works for some people and because of them we get some pretty good games.

Live and learn i guess.

Like I said, this is new to me and quite unacceptable.

Ehh well, at least I can wait.

DeMarcus16

Apr 12, 2017
Do you not know how to exit the game or something? I mean you're allowed to stop playing.

@irredeemable, in the next version, once every new scene has been played once, please have a still of Ferris Bueller pop up to tell my dude here that he can go now.
Bravo Pantisocrat! You made me laugh so hard, I shot coffee out my nostrils! (Wipes off keyboard.) Then I read the FB reference and laughed again. Thanks, you made my day!

Reactions: Pantisocrat

jason95821

Feb 10, 2017
1.41 mega
thanks
1 problem when you remove sheet from daughter while sleeping in underwear you only have a un chooseable option to look from another angle
had to use mouse wheel to scroll back a choice
also are the blacked out option only unchooseable due to lack of stats or is it a place holder for future content

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
thanks
1 problem when you remove sheet from daughter while sleeping in underwear you only have a un chooseable option to look from another angle
had to use mouse wheel to scroll back a choice
also are the blacked out option only unchooseable due to lack of stats or is it a place holder for future content
Thanks, it's part of a new system where some options are only choosable if certain variables are met (in this case a particular depravity score). If you are allowed an option that requires a particular variable be met it will have a "(*)" beside it. Definitely a bug that there is no way out but the scroll back, I'll get on fixing it.

Reactions: computer_bad

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
thanks irredeemable. i'll play through again another time to see if there are any other issues/bugs/typos.

jason95821

Feb 10, 2017
had one issue were i went to the drug dealers appartment or the store and it skipped to early morning no sleep required when you go to drug den at late night

also i have 55 likes with katlyn but no booze job is showing up

3 game weeks and after the frist movie daughter has not had the event pop up again

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyjak Slayer

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
had one issue were i went to the drug dealers appartment or the store and it skipped to early morning no sleep required when you go to drug den at late night

also i have 55 likes with katlyn but no booze job is showing up

3 game weeks and after the frist movie daughter has not had the event pop up again
Movie night is a one-time event.
THe unrepeatable skipping thing i can't say much about other than I've had similar things happen in Ren'Py and it's one of the reasons I hate Ren'Py.
Not sure what you mean with Kaitlyn. The party is not yet in the game. You will get the offer to buy her booze if your affection with her is > 5 when you drink in the locker room. It's basically a standing offer--she'll buy it any time you have it in your inventory. If it's not working that way let me know.

Last edited:

Pyjak Slayer

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
What are the requirements in order to see the daughter naked after she comes out of the shower? I currently have 77 Affection, 35 Romance, 40 Control, and 15 Corruption. And the "Just wanted to look at my beautiful little girl" option is still blacked out.

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
new version uploaded with fixes mentioned in this thread. @ pyjak I believe it's 101 romance which is probably not possible. the original line had the narrator mention how you must be a cheating bastard (it was just put in as sort of an inside joke between myself and another donor/admin)

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
that said, you can always console d.romance(100) or whatever if you really want to see it now

Pyjak Slayer

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
new version uploaded with fixes mentioned in this thread. @ pyjak I believe it's 101 romance which is probably not possible. the original line had the narrator mention how you must be a cheating bastard (it was just put in as sort of an inside joke between myself and another donor/admin)
Thanks for telling me. One issue I forgot to mention, when you "Finish inside Anne", the particular dialogue for that action starts but then immediately cuts out.

that said, you can always console d.romance(100) or whatever if you really want to see it now
Even better, lol. Thank you again!

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
I'll check it out again but yeh doing renpy animations that flow into other animations are always shitty and as far as i can tell there's just no way around it other than to try to minimize your dialogue so it looks less shitty to the player. So I'll do that again.

jason95821

Feb 10, 2017
Movie night is a one-time event.
THe unrepeatable skipping thing i can't say much about other than I've had similar things happen in Ren'Py and it's one of the reasons I hate Ren'Py.
Not sure what you mean with Kaitlyn. The party is not yet in the game. You will get the offer to buy her booze if your affection with her is > 5 when you drink in the locker room. It's basically a standing offer--she'll buy it any time you have it in your inventory. If it's not working that way let me know.
ok last time the movie night was repeatable a shame it has been singled out ^_-

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes