Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

VeggieNeptunia

Nov 30, 2017
Since it gets brought up every page, when I asked the staff when this will be marked as abandoned I was told the standard is after like 3 or 4 months of no news, so dont anyone expect it anytime soon.
Almost 2 months have passed so... in May or June it's over.
Now more important from what date can someone pick up the game or the charaters and don't have troubles?

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Suddenly, this otherwise normal acting, upstanding teacher just goes all apeshit horndog and wants to get in the pants of all of his students, his fellow teacher, his daughter and still bang his wife? Yikes, someone hit the implausibility button, Mr. Peabody!
You dont know, maybe... someone slipped some of those pills in his coffee and rewrote his head.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Almost 2 months have passed so... in May or June it's over.
Now more important from what date can someone pick up the game or the charaters and don't have troubles?
Basically never unless the original dev agrees to give them or sell them the rights.

ja88

Nov 2, 2017
Basically never unless the original dev agrees to give them or sell them the rights.
Well, is it copy righted, because I would love to see that court battle: “ Your honor I made this incest game and ...”

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well dev will need to overcome that hurdle potentially, but yes it is absolutely copy righted as is any work of art you make and if he can afford and is willing to go to court he would almost surely win.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
at its current official iteration its not really a pure incest game anymore.

sure, teacher getting with pupils and cheating the spouse with the other teacher is questionable, but that's about it.
Just dont try it in texas or they'll maybe tar'n'feather ya.

ja88

Nov 2, 2017
Actually art work is not copy righted if you put a disclaimer “ after so and so work” if it was you you would not see replicas of ppl work on a gift shop, but that applies to work of art, not sure about incest fan work

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well if that disclaimer works, depends partially on how old the original work is and how much money the creator is prepared to spend on legal claims that may be unenforceable. :evilsmile: There is some leeway with fanart and such if not commercial or otherwise depriving the copyright holder of potential income. The fact whether it is an incest game or Triple AAA game makes no difference for the copy right issues as such. It might make a big difference in ease in finding legal counsel and funds to enforce your rights and willingness authorities to enforce them.

In most cases where derived work or "äfter so and so work" is legally sold the current copy right holder has been paid to use the work or gets a cut from the sales. Of course lots of it is sold illegally just as with brand bags and clothes and such, that does not make it legal and not a copy right infringement though.

ja88

Nov 2, 2017
well, yes I'm sure it would have to be "non-commercial" ...so fan art. And keep it out of Patron

cortyx

Mar 17, 2018
Morning
how to get dress for daughter or where ?
One of the option is to et her dress the second not add yet but I don't find
Thanks

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not played this version yet but if you search dress at search at right top of page and select search only this thread you should find a number of posts explaining it.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
You don't actually need to copyright creative work to have it protected. Copyright just formalizes your ownership and offers a stronger legal case. It still comes down to willingness to spend to enforce your ownership. It's considerably more difficult the further the "imitated" work varies from the original.

Reactions: DA22
3.20 star(s) 40 Votes