Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

master110

Jun 5, 2017
I can totally understand that, same as with his burnout/depression/whatever thing going on or whatever he told everyone why he couldn't get in contact, but - and this is important - you should still have 5 minutes for 2 or 3 sentences to explain the situation. This is just common decency.
That is true 100% agree.

master110

Jun 5, 2017
You... You can't be serious here can you? Usually when you move far, it's for a job. This isn't grade school, we aren't 10, and even if we were, school doesn't stop when you move, jobs don't start when you move, and you need one to pay for your new home!

And this was his job.

The defense for Deem just gets lamer and lamer. I'm glad you guys are getting ripped off.
You ever moved that far? Leaving all your friends family behind. Everything you used to know gone and you can't go back. Not always mate my dad took me with him when I was 18. It can take a year to get over it.

But he still should of told everyone what he was feeling and why. I'm guessing he didn't for people to keep paying.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
You ever moved that far? Leaving all your friends family behind. Everything you used to know gone and you can't go back. Not always mate my dad took me with him when I was 18. It can take a year to get over it.

But he still should of told everyone what he was feeling and why. I'm guessing he didn't for people to keep paying.
Yes. Again, your job should be something you are at the least vigilant about. But this is a guy that already lost support of his own mods due to him lying to them, so if you don't know the full details, I really wouldn't trust him....

Reactions: User_166761

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
That's pretty par for the course... Dev is silent or makes a ludicrous excuse, people bash him (because he deserves it), some people defend him and they are bashed. Rinse, repeat. I don't see how any point anyone is making can be clarified more effectively. Dead horse is dead.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
That's pretty par for the course... Dev is silent or makes a ludicrous excuse, people bash him (because he deserves it), some people defend him and they are bashed. Rinse, repeat. I don't see how any point anyone is making can be clarified more effectively. Dead horse is dead.
The ludicrous excuses have been going on for nearly a year now though. First it's magic hackers, then needing to completely rewrite a game (Instead of just taking out what patreon didn't like like every other dev), then fatigue, then moving across the country... And he still has defenders and people giving him money... You have to admit this may be a common theme, but it's still pretty entertaining ;)

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
There's a huge difference between taking a break from leisure activities due to jet lag and taking a break from what is your job though.
Sure, I don't defend such behavior in the slightest. To be honest even an explanation would've been optional, a simple "I can't work on anything for an undefined amount of time, don't expect any updates any time soon" would've been enough.

He couldn't be bothered to even do that, so this and nothing else is the reason why people bash him (if you even wanna call it that, criticizing isn't necessarily bashing for me). Sure people get frustrated if they wait for another chunk of a good story, but you don't get too much backlash if you're honest with them. Some people will still complain, but that's to be expected.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
The thread has never been dead, the game on the other hand is and has been for quite some time now.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
The thread has been popular forever. Are you blind, or crosseyed?
Just because it's popular to troll, bash and ridicule a game or it's dev, doesn't change it's status as being listed as abandoned (which in turn makes this a necro thread since people keep posting in it). It's effectively useless as a thread now to the forum unless the dev actually starts updating the game again and that is highly doubtful at this point. We all, for the most part, can agree this game wasn't well put together from the very beginning and just when it seemed to start picking up momentum, the dev killed it simply to reinstate his own patreon page. Story is over, there is no purpose to keep pushing this thread back on the active list of most recent. At this stage, a staff member should just close this disaster.

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Update game is still being made

w/r/t patreon i'm not trying to make any more money off of this game, but i am adamant about finishing it--out of a sense of obligation, if nothing else
Does this mean he stoped pledges from being processed? Or switched his partreon to per release? :kissingheart::kissingheart::kissingheart:

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Update game is still being made

irredeemable-Today at 14:12
moved across country, just now got settled in. been writing a lot. need to get back into the rendering side of things. post whatever you'd like to see a render of (within reason) and i'll do it. w/r/t patreon i'm not trying to make any more money off of this game, but i am adamant about finishing it--out of a sense of obligation, if nothing else

@Centurion

asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018
You don't? This thread is the most entertaining thing here besides Love thy Neighbors. This whole game and dev has been the laughingstock since the 15th 1.99999999999995 extra alpha build bullshit.
whats the story behind Love thy Neighbors

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
You have a few love/lust interests and I think by episode 3 or so there is pretty much always a bbc out of nowhere that fucks one of them x'Dx'D

It's kind of a running gag at this point

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Well it looks like this thread will go into the trash bin for another few months while we wait for the next amusing happening (IE, the next time Deem appears to make another excuse, and his disciples rush the defend it, or hell, the day his idiot followers finally figure out they were had...). It's sad that this once great source of amusement must die down again.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes