Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes
Sep 5, 2017
I plan on making a similar game to this but using my own custom visual novel engine instead of ren'py. That way I have more control and can add features that ren'py doesn't have.

I'm concerned about portability though. (the ability to run on windows, mac os, linux, and possible andriod) Will make the engine in java instead of python (like ren'py). As I feel more people have the java runtime installed than the python runtime.

Will start soon.

Jamiejames

May 25, 2020
I plan on making a similar game to this but using my own custom visual novel engine instead of ren'py. That way I have more control and can add features that ren'py doesn't have.

I'm concerned about portability though. (the ability to run on windows, mac os, linux, and possible andriod) Will make the engine in java instead of python (like ren'py). As I feel more people have the java runtime installed than the python runtime.

Will start soon.
Can't wait to see how this goes forward, godspeed g. And goodluck.

Simple Rick

Nov 16, 2018

Will start soon.
For god sake bring back the pills....

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017

Will start soon.
each on their own but i won't install java to be able to play game.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
But you had to install the python runtime to be able to play ren'py. I thought more people had java installed though?
no python runtime either installed. java got booted from home computers due vulnerabilities and browsers stopped supporting it so no use for it.

Reactions: supermanz95
Sep 5, 2017
no python runtime either installed. java got booted from home computers due vulnerabilities and browsers stopped supporting it so no use for it.
I'm confused by that. Ren'py is written in python. Anything produced by the software will need the python runtime installed on the client's (you, the gamer) operating system.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I'm confused by that. Ren'py is written in python. Anything produced by the software will need the python runtime installed on the client's (you, the gamer) operating system.
renpy games have launcher compiled as do other platform games (unity, rpgm, tyranno, ......).

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
How about a more realistic timeframe: before or after our sun goes supernova?
ah, i see you now mc's dev's "work".

if pika starts working this week then 1st release will be ready before witch hunter trainer gets updated.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017

Will start soon.
Instead of having to make sure the player installs the java runtime, maybe make it like Jdownloader2, and have it part of the program itself. I avoid installing most extraneous packages as I am sure most here also avoid. This way you get to make it in your program and then everyone can play it without extra work.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Not sure but looking at their patreon they must be active somewhere to still have 30 patrons paying them 102 bucks a month.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes