Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Just to clarify, that animation will be interactive (e.g. there may be a "kiss" button). I just put that video together as a demonstration of the kind of loop that is possible.

And that is an old Kait render that hasn't been post-processed. Oh, and the animation hasn't been post-processed yet either.

hgamefix

Jun 3, 2017
I think it's going to be a very good update, but don't think because it took twice as long (or longer) than the previous update that it's going to be twice as good. It certainly has more content than any other update, but a lot of the time was spent dealing with tricky coding issues. Like trying to find clever ways to maintain save compatibility when the content was screaming at me not to (a mistake I won't make again?) and fixing bugs, mostly due to the tricks I tried to use to maintain save compatibility. And for all that, you should still start a new save because changes were made to earlier content.

So I learned a lesson, I guess, and hopefully made a good update. I'm particularly proud of some of the animations and the way the chats can change based on context (pro tip: I've increased W & D's odds of appearing in the living room. To min-max your chats wait in the living room until you catch them together to use your daily chats with each while they're together).

As for a timeline, I'm releasing what will hopefully be the last major bug fix alpha tonight, then maybe a few more days of waiting for bugs while adding content. Anyway, I hope you all like it when you get a chance to play it.

And don't be too upset when you walk in on Eric fucking your daughter.
to Be honest, don't care much for D and wife get ntr, but not meghan pls. I will broke my arm from fapping if that happen.
P. S. We love ntr, but not as an ending.

hgamefix

Jun 3, 2017
Just to clarify, that animation will be interactive (e.g. there may be a "kiss" button). I just put that video together as a demonstration of the kind of loop that is possible.

And that is an old Kait render that hasn't been post-processed. Oh, and the animation hasn't been post-processed yet either.
Here i go fapping again

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
if this thread doesn't get to 150 pages after 1.6 drops that would be disappointing. I'll ready myself to get to the new content quickly!

Dasati

May 30, 2017
Not sure about it being the last major bug fix alpha, some of the testers seem to make it their mission to break the game lol Either way I can be patient, very much looking forward to 1.6

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Not sure about it being the last major bug fix alpha, some of the testers seem to make it their mission to break the game lol Either way I can be patient, very much looking forward to 1.6
There are a few crash fixes in tonight's build and I'm still adding content so that might introduce some minor bugs (typos are my specialty), but I believe all of the major game-breaking bugs are cleaned up.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Just a thought.... because your changelog is hinting at significant additions to chat options with the characters and improvements to some earlier scenes, and a viable option for a non-drug route, I imagine quite a few players will be starting from scratch. I know I will be. Save continuity is awesome when all the content is moving forward from the last update, but it sounds like there are strong reasons to play from Day 1 and enjoy new content. This game is not nearly as grindy as many others, so if the main delay in the release is save compatibility, I don't think you'll be met with torches and pickforks if you release an update that includes a lot of backfill content and requires people to start from Day 1.

(I could be gravely mistaken about this...)

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
Just a thought.... because your changelog is hinting at significant additions to chat options with the characters and improvements to some earlier scenes, and a viable option for a non-drug route, I imagine quite a few players will be starting from scratch. I know I will be. Save continuity is awesome when all the content is moving forward from the last update, but it sounds like there are strong reasons to play from Day 1 and enjoy new content. This game is not nearly as grindy as many others, so if the main delay in the release is save compatibility, I don't think you'll be met with torches and pickforks if you release an update that includes a lot of backfill content and requires people to start from Day 1.

I agree with you completely. IMO i rather a dev try to put in as much content as possible rather than worry about carrying over saves. Especially this early in development.

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
We are struggling to break the alphas at the moment. Only a few bugs in current one :( Will try and destroy the next version and the final complete alpha. However if we fail we will simply send him every single spelling mistake and broken american english ( trust the americans to destroy a language they stole from others )

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017

Honestly the whole save compatibility thing was more of a challenge to myself than anything else. Hubris, maybe.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes