loka224

Oct 10, 2018
I'm personally gratefull to kagura games to bring games in an acceptable english,and most importantly,bring them at all.

I see peoples everywhere on this forum whining about machine translated games,and now peoples spits on companies like kagura that bring game with good translation,and also on more platforms to buy.

+ I almost never encountered bugs with their games.

Peoples are never pleased.

They even fixed the cloths damage animations in emiliana sister game:
When i downloaded it on this site it was fan translated,or even machine translated i don't remember,and in combat,h attacks were played randomly ignoring the state of your cloth,it always bugged me during my playtrhough.
It has recently been translated by kagura,so i tried this version,and this bug was adressed. (i must admit that i haven't played much this new version due to lack of motivation)

Last edited:

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
I'm personally gratefull to kagura games to bring games in an acceptable english,and most importantly,bring them at all.

I see peoples everywhere on this forum whining about machine translated games,and now peoples spits on companies like kagura that bring game with good translation,and also on more platforms to buy.

+ I almost never encountered bugs with their games.
Only thing i can tell you is :

You either didnt buy/play many or u just grab full saves.
Because some broken content is literally impossible to miss.

But good for you that you aprove KG translations, which are usually only 70% accurate (with memes).

What content has been cut from this than the original?
To my knowlege no content was cut (but i may go back to edit this post when i do find if missing content exists) , but i already noticed some glaring issues with the game, like some missing sound files warnings when playing certain h scenes among other things.
cc.PNG

Like that one.

loka224

Oct 10, 2018
Only thing i can tell you is :

You either didnt buy/play many or u just grab full saves.
Because some broken content is literally impossible to miss.

But good for you that you aprove KG translations, which are usually only 70% accurate (with memes).

Like that one.
It's now been 2 years that i play a lot of H games and i play every game added on this site that interest me,so i played a lot of game,and some of my favorites (one one games) are kagura ones.

And no i don't use 100% save as i don't see the point of downloading a game if it's to not play it.

Reactions: Anarys

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
To my knowlege no content was cut (but i may go back to edit this post when i do find if missing content exists) , but i already noticed some glaring issues with the game, like some missing sound files warnings when playing certain h scenes among other things.
View attachment 890141

Like that one.
That is a common error when u're not on japanese locale(system) but may be using locale emulator... well, just so u know, wolf engine itself ain't that good if not exactly on jpn locale(it's a japanese engine only). I've been playing Acerola games since forever, and it's very hard for a game breaking bug to happen, and normally when it's like that one from the screen(very rare) it tends to happend because people try to add a japanese save in their game and check the scene(some problems with files) or sometimes the game itself requires a patch and not exactly KaguraGames fault... That Emiliana game when it was first released the dev already released it with more than 10 gamebreaking bugs, i was surprised kaguragames attempted to fix though but yeah, i played the original japanese one so... they got a faulty version already and that has a difference... Another reason for a possible error like on that screen, is the use of Cheat Engine speedy hack, soundtracks/scenes are timed on the engine, if u speedy stuff up, random shit happens as well(it's more a wolf rpg problem than devs fault)...

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
That is a common error when u're not on japanese locale(system) but may be using locale emulator... well, just so u know, wolf engine itself ain't that good if not exactly on jpn locale(it's a japanese engine only). I've been playing Acerola games since forever, and it's very hard for a game breaking bug to happen, and normally when it's like that one from the screen(very rare) it tends to happend because people try to add a japanese save in their game and check the scene(some problems with files) or sometimes the game itself requires a patch and not exactly KaguraGames fault... That Emiliana game when it was first released the dev already released it with more than 10 gamebreaking bugs, i was surprised kaguragames attempted to fix though but yeah, i played the original japanese one so... they got a faulty version already and that has a difference... Another reason for a possible error like on that screen, is the use of Cheat Engine speedy hack, soundtracks/scenes are timed on the engine, if u speedy stuff up, random shit happens as well(it's more a wolf rpg problem than devs fault)...
I am playing a localization of a game therefore the game should be playable without these "common errors" since that is kg job after all(aka lcalize a game to work with non jp locales).
And no i dont mess with locales, use japanese saves nor use cheat engines.(the game is indeed missing some files on the kg release)

Also i be honest, you used the "when emilianna was first released" argument. While thats correct, KG didnt use that "original release" as a base for the localization they used the latest which doesnt have any bugs (talking about the jp version ofc).

You can easily find the latest jp version of the game on the internet and compare it to the kg release and u will see that the issues that exist in the english release did not carry over from the jp but were introduced by kg (obviously talking about the animation fuckup kg did that not only made images overlap but also shortened the h scenes, something that silentce later managed to fix).

You had 2 people earlier in this thread talking about it. 1 was the guy who did the fan translation for emilliana and the other was the guy who went to fix the mess KG did by restoring the scripts for the animations to what they should have always been.

You can ask either of them and they will tell u the same im saying now:
KG loves to mess with files and scripts noone should touch (why would u touch a script that dictates how long h scenes play for example?).

Eitherway i will be waiting and see if KG will fix these Tear bugs. It would be easy to just copy paste the missing sound files from the jp version someone posted last page to fix them, but i am legit curious to see how long will it take them to release a v2 patch.

Last edited:

kin-kun

Modder
Jul 10, 2020
Dev fixed a gamebreaking bug in a scene for the dlsite version , that same bug existed in the KG version and what did kg do?
They went and removed pretty much half the scene when they could have asked the dev for his updated script instead.
Its not the dev duty to forward them fixes you know, but rather KG duty to make sure they are working with the latest version.
I can even point that the KG version of ideology is literally missing 3 npcs. And no they are not missing because of "steam rules", they are just normal npcs with normal convos.
Well in general and as you said KG is about content changes, not actual game play changes. They appear to hire contractors to work on a particular project and return results. So you get various levels of quality. If you look at Summer Memories, the devs pushed out a reasonable version to begin with and the few bug fixes didn't affect content.

Someone mentioned emiliana as well earlier...
They decided to convert the images and look how it ended.
Most people know that rpgmaker MV doesnt play well with actual animations but KG had to ignore the facts and do it anyway.
The end result is a mess of broken animations than even when someone went to their discord and told them how to make it work he got ignored.
So I have some particular interest in this, since I did figure out how to make RPGMaker MV (MZ uses newer versions of underlying frameworks and may not have this problem) work with VP8 and VP9 videos.

The issue was not with animation, nor does RPGMaker have issues with animation in general. You can see that clearly with Town of Passion, Mira and the Mysteries of Alchemy and Summer Memories.

So let me go into a little detail here. RPGMaker MV and MZ both use Node Webkit JS and PixiJS as a framework to play the actual game. What this means is instead of writing c/c++/java/etc. your really working with a webpage and javascript. There's good and bad with this, games are easier to pull apart/debug if you know what you're doing and performance can be hit or miss, but they work cross platform out of the box and can generally be easily translated to iOS/Android.

What RPGMaker MV and the version of Chromium in nwjs v0.12 does have trouble with is VP8 video. For those who are not aware, VP8 offers better quality, compression and lower CPU usage than MP4 videos, so it is a key area you may want to target when looking at how to shrink the size of a game. Heck since KG wasn't making the videos, it may be that they were provided VP8 videos by White Moor, and had to integrate them. I'm not making the assumption that the contractor converted the video, as there are other reasonable explanations.

The contractor put in the videos, and then likely noticed a problem. Generally these are not high level coders, but instead focus on translation. Unless you go digging it isn't immediately clear why VP8 videos don't play well, or even how to fix it. It turns out there are a number of defects at play here, some in PixiJS (the thing that renders images using WebGL) and some in Chromium. Effectively, the API callback to say a video is finished is broken in PixiJS 4 for VP8/VP9 video. At the same time, the Chromium packaged with RPGMaker games intermittently refuses to play videos, instead rendering a black box.

If you replace PixiJS and the NodeJS framework (then update the core to handle the new version of PixiJS) the videos play properly and end properly; however, this was likely far beyond the capabilities of the contractor, who is paid not hourly but by each game they finish. So in the game there's a set of action that result in an intro video, a loop which the user performs an action to move forward, and then a finish video. Since the call back is broken the contractor decided to make people perform an action after the intro and finish videos as that would solve the problem in the easiest and most cost effective (from their perspective) way possible.

What Silentce realized was, instead of relying on the callback or user to click things, they simply could delay until the video was done based on video time. This sidesteps the intro/loop/finish video problem but doesn't fix the black box issue. He informed KG on their discord and they did make a change, but obviously the person doing it (likely the original contractor) didn't understand it, so instead of timing each video and putting in the correct delay they put in the same delay for everything. (I on the other hand focused on bringing in a new PixiJS and nwjs. This increased the game size, but I offset that by better compression on the videos and audio.)

Oh and while I've focused on VP8, it should be noted on average VP9 videos are half the size of a VP8 video with no loss of quality. This means it is faster to load into RAM and makes games using this more responsive in general.

Now I'm not defending KG here, I'm trying to add perspective. They have structured their business in such a way that makes it easy to release a lower quality game. It relies on the code from the original publisher and frankly that is crap in a lot of cases. Releasing a game with a game breaking defect should not be OK, nor is expecting glorified translators who's coding is limited to writing javascript to be able to pull in changes. RPGMaker in particular makes pulling in changes tough as the image names (which need to be converted to ASCII for compatibility reasons) is often mixed with game execution. There is not a good abstraction layer or even division between assets/content and code.

EldenFZ

Jul 16, 2017
wolf engine itself ain't that good if not exactly on jpn locale(it's a japanese engine only). I've been playing Acerola games since forever, and it's very hard for a game breaking bug to happen
I was always curious why most free translators have problems dealing with Wolf RPG, but I guess the reason might be that their PC are indeed not in full JPN locale while mine is (Region/Keyboard/Format). I can't count the numbers of time I came across game-breaking errors with MV and VXAce, while I had none of that with all 100+ Wolf RPG games I've played.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I was always curious why most free translators have problems dealing with Wolf RPG, but I guess the reason might be that their PC are indeed not in full JPN locale while mine is (Region/Keyboard/Format). I can't count the numbers of time I came across game-breaking errors with MV and VXAce, while I had none of that with all 100+ Wolf RPG games I've played.
It's that and it can be tempermental with extracting and re-encoding. The little interactions I've had with wolf I just don't care for it and I haven't found a game interesting enough to take the plunge and translate it myself. Maybe one of these days. I agree as well that the games seem more stable overall.

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
Well in general and as you said KG is about content changes, not actual game play changes. They appear to hire contractors to work on a particular project and return results. So you get various levels of quality. If you look at Summer Memories, the devs pushed out a reasonable version to begin with and the few bug fixes didn't affect content.
While they hire people for specific projects (they mostly hire new translators for said projects), the person tasked with creating the patches and and modifiying files (aka the tech guy) is always the same person, aka Elforen.

And while the games u mentioned do have animations, please note that said animations existed from the start, they were not added in.

Emilliana on the other hand, the animations that played were added in by the guy. In the original they were just slideshows.

I wont say what exactly went trough his head to just convert said slideshows into "videos", maybe it was because it made it easier to create a patch, maybe they wanted to make the game occupy less space, but it obviously didnt work.

They decided to "fix" it and it didnt work, then silentce came in gave them the proper way to fix the issues since they obviously wanted to keep those files and even then they "fixed" them by ignoring half of what silentce told them (silentce said so himself more than a couple times).

I wont say KG doesnt have decent releases from time to time but the quality in general been slowly declining ever since the old tech guy left the team not to mention the lack of quality check before a official release (looking at emiliana, kozue , curse of kubel , etc)

But i will say they dont feel like they want to fix what they left broken in older releases talking about games like kubel , ideology,etc. Even summer memories still haz a couple of "gamebreaking bugs" that im surprised only 2 or 3 people ever noticed).

Reactions: deversari

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
I am playing a localization of a game therefore the game should be playable without these "common errors" since that is kg job after all(aka lcalize a game to work with non jp locales).
And no i dont mess with locales, use japanese saves nor use cheat engines.(the game is indeed missing some files on the kg release)
You can ask either of them and they will tell u the same im saying now:
KG loves to mess with files and scripts noone should touch (why would u touch a script that dictates how long h scenes play for example?).
These 2 statements of your are pretty much in direct contradiction of each other. Wolf RPG as someone said earlier is a japanese engine, so to fix those errors, for people who can't even bother to use a JPN locale emulator at least they would have to mess with files and scripts that noone should touch

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
These 2 statements of your are pretty much in direct contradiction of each other. Wolf RPG as someone said earlier is a japanese engine, so to fix those errors, for people who can't even bother to use a JPN locale emulator at least they would have to mess with files and scripts that noone should touch
Yes they are, but u are also quoting my line about Tear, and my line about emilliana which are 2 diferent engines and 2 diferent conversations of 2 diferent games.

The first is literally related to missing sound files in tear while the second is literally related to converting images into "videos" for no reason in emilliana (and yes there was literally no reason to convert them, u can ask silentce yourself if u doubt me).

Anyway this conversation isnt really going anywhere with all the KG diehard fans that defend every single mistake they do.

Last edited:

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
Yes they are, but u are also quoting my line about Tear, and my line about emilliana which are 2 diferent engines and 2 diferent conversations of 2 diferent games.

The first is literally related to missing sound files in tear while the second is literally related to converting images into "videos" for no reason in emilliana (and yes there was literally no reason to convert them, u can ask silentce yourself if u doubt me).

Anyway this conversation isnt really going anywhere with all the KG diehard fans that defend every single mistake they do.
Doesn't matter in this specific case that it is 2 different engines, the quote about not touching files that noone should touch is universal to ANY game on ANY engine, and to fix the errors that are popping up if you use a wrong locale, they would have to literally decompile the engine itself, which is WAY beyond the scope of even a localization, and is even way beyond the types of files that quote likely talks about even
Ohh and it would probably also be illegal, as that is not open-source code, nor code covered in the contract with the developers in whatever game they are translating

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
Doesn't matter in this specific case that it is 2 different engines, the quote about not touching files that noone should touch is universal to ANY game on ANY engine, and to fix the errors that are popping up if you use a wrong locale, they would have to literally decompile the engine itself, which is WAY beyond the scope of even a localization, and is even way beyond the types of files that quote likely talks about even
Yes its universal and that second quote was specifically for Image files.Do i have to decompile what i was talking about so you can understand?

1.Tea issue is one thing, emilliana issue is another.
2.Tear haz literally missing files in the KG release.
3.Emillina image files were converted into a diferent kind of files for no reason at all.
4.Theres no literal reason to touch/modify any image files in any engine of any game because they are not bound by locales

Sorry but i cant decompile this any better for u to understand.
Its is a fact that KG touches/modifies files in any game and any engine that they have no reason to. And by doing that they cause bugs in their releases.

There are many things in rpgmaker , wolf , unity that work no matter if ur on jp locale, EN locale or even on a freaking potato locale. But Kg still haz the bad habit of touching those things. Why? Idk. But i do know that by doing that they only give more work to themselves.

You are free to quote me when u manage to actually separate the diferent issues i was talking about instead of putting them in the same logic of yours.

i give u a hint:

First issue is that tear haz missing files.
The other is converting images to diferent format in emilliana for no reason since images dont give a fuck about what locale ur on.

Last edited:
Reactions: deversari

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Converting images to webm for Emiliana was something they did after uncensoring. probably to shrink the size of the game. I imagine a 7 second max video was smaller in size then several pngs used to create an animation that way.

That being said as much as I love to hate on Kagura, it might be prudent to ease off the off topic before a mod comes in and spanks you all. I know some of you are into getting spanked though :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Gummiel

alasad

Jun 13, 2017
Country girl Keiko and detective city girl got updated couple months ago with new scenes in the jp version. Do you think KG bothered to update their releases with said scenes? ofc not.They dont even awnser to people when they ask if they will update the games or not
damn really? i liked detective girl and i just recently played it a couple weeks ago.
well thats what happens when there is no competition.
i wonder why not more people make H game translation companies?

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
damn really? i liked detective girl and i just recently played it a couple weeks ago.
well thats what happens when there is no competition.
i wonder why not more people make H game translation companies?
Clymenia added a bunch of events and some new scenes to the game.IF you look at their blog posts from last month or so u can prob find the list.

Keiko adds some more h scenes and a rewritten ending.

I wonder that as well. Maybe they think people wont buy them when compared to visual novels for example.
H games in general are sorta of a small fandom thing.

4.20 star(s) 14 Votes