mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
All right...I want to set some ACHIEVABLE goals for October. My work situation is still unstable - I'm starting on a halfway decent project as of tomorrow, but it's milestone-based rather than hourly or salary. I'll have SOME free time to devote to Tentacle Slave, and I'd like to put together a short list of ideas to work on, then post a public poll on my Patreon for everyone to vote on.

Here's my short list so far:

• I've already added the ability to view your groin description in the character view, but there are still some missing bits in the character descriptions. Breasticles, ovipositors, clits, asses, and tails (other than the description of the cock *on* a tailcock) are all still missing.
  • Displaying how many spawn you've captured, etc., in the character viewer
  • Adding a "church corruption" viewer/quest log so you can easily figure out what to do next
  • Somehow the public exposure code got broken along the way -- you no longer run into nuns (normal or lewd) who want to discipline you for wearing that silly, cursed belly button piercing from your run-in with the bandits. I should fix that at some point...
  • Adding other ways to lower arousal, other than just having sex at night, or at the Service the Tip bar (after you get past the novice level)
  • Implement a way to buy health and energy potions, and calming (de-arousing) drafts.
  • Update the walkthrough and bring it current with the game.
  • Update the "Lewd Club" scene to account for if the main PC has a tentacock, tenta-tail, etc.
  • Fill in a few of the missing scenes -- including dancing at the Service the Tip bar (after the beginner scenes), Lady Reyna's sex scenes if you're not highly dominant, etc.
  • Start adding descriptions to the nightly sex events. (Eventually I'll add tentacle sex to these events, once you've got a tentacle hive at your house.)

What do you all think? See anything missing that should be added?

I'll probably only be able to tackle a few of these this month, so after I've gotten some feedback, I'll post a poll and then decide how to prioritize.

Reactions: Snugglepuff

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
mouseguru per our discussion on your patreon page here is my save file.
I was unsure where it might be breaking so I made it before I encountered the bandits.

BellNL

Jul 29, 2018
with respect. you should add more artwork. people love artwork and it will get you a bigger fanbase instantly

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Artwork is expensive, and he's only bringing in $193/month from his Patrons. If he doesn't currently have an outside job which he can use to fund the game's costs with then we're very lucky to be getting any art at all. Would I absolutely love to see more art? Hell yes! But I'm a realist.

VoltzzSwagga

Aug 18, 2018
Sorry, no save editor. The game does involve a bit of grinding, but it's actually pretty easy to make coin by dancing in the Service the Tip bar, and by participating in the modeling events in the Crooked Kitten every Wednesday. If you're a Sorceress, you can also compete in the Arena for coin.
Thanks, dude. Also the quest log doesn't update is that not a feature yet?

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Finally got the spiked drink scene but now it wont let me spike the perfume
To spike the perfume, you need tentacle jizz. There are two ways to get that, and one is to go to the riverfront and collect it from the strange nun (go south from the riverfront entrance) -- if you've either never seen her before, or seen her only once. Otherwise, you'll need to be an Alchemist and can gather it after defeating a tentacle beast.

If you've already seen the strange nun multiple times, then you'll have to go to the forest clearing and buy a vial of tentacle jizz for 1000 coin.

Once you have tentacle jizz, go into the character view and you can mix it with the perfume, right on the inventory list.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
I have some good news!

I'm starting a new, well-paying gig this coming week. After my first paycheck, I'll have a LOT more free time to work on Tentacle Slave. That first paycheck won't be until the very end of October, so...in the meantime, I want to shoot for what I can reasonably achieve when I'm still focusing 95% of my time on earning a living.

I've already finished the "inject more tentacle jizz into Vivianne" missing scene. I've also added a scene where Vivianne tells you the results of her tentacle research -- and the results are different, depending on whether you're on the "control" or "submit" paths. Beyond that, I'm slowly adding Fuchsia-related scenes that my writer has been working on, as time permits.

Now, a lot of people also voted for scenes involving visiting Kaylee after finishing her plot line. I did come up with an idea for that, but in order to do justice to it, I'll need more free time than I really have, this month. I'm going to prioritize that for November, though.

Here's what I can MOST LIKELY finish by the end of October:
  • Add breasticles to character description (EDIT: finished!)
  • Add tails to character description (currently you can only have a tailcock tentacle "gift") (EDIT: finished!)
  • Fill out missing scene descriptions for the Church kitchens and the Church gift shop

I'm also going to aim for writing scenes where Sister Valentina (the seamstress) meets with Jewel, and gets initiated into the Lewd Club. I might or might not be able to fit those in too by the end of the month, but hopefully I can. As you'll see from Vivianne's explanation of her research results, she can't really proceed until the Church is corrupted enough that no one will stop her, when she goes ahead with creating certain tentacle-based "accessories." So, the further progression of the tentacle "submit" path and the "control" path is going to be dependent on corrupting certain people within the Church.

That also means that we'll need that Church corruption quest log/viewer fairly soon, so I plan on adding that in November as well.

Last edited:

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
I have more good news!!

So...no full-time job yet. But later this week, I'm starting a decent-sized project that I can take a large deposit on. Which means...I can fit in more free time to work on Tentacle Slave! As long as I have a full-time job lined up for after the project ends, I'll be able to keep up the pace with development.

As far as general progress goes, I'll have the missing scene descriptions for the Church kitchens and Church gift shop done, a scene where you invite Sister Valentina (the head seamstress) out to the Fetish Club to further corrupt her (and yes, her corruption will be different from Marie's submissive fetish), and a few new scenes involving Fuchsia. That's in addition to the character description stuff, and the other scenes involving Vivianne that I finished earlier this month. Not a huge amount of new content, but at least I'm keeping up *some* progress despite my job situation.

I'll be able to ship a new release by Halloween.

Once the new release is out, I'll put up another poll asking how you want to progress the main storyline in November, mainly based on Vivianne's explanation of her tentacle research results. Basically, in order to continue the "submit to tentacles" path, the Church has to be corrupted to a point where it's feasible to bring in tentacles.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Getting slightly delayed. I'll have a new release out this weekend.

With the large project and multiple job prospects happening, it looks like November is definitely going to be a back-to-about-3/4ths-speed month, with lots more development happening. Finally!!

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
While I work on finishing up the release...I have a question for you all. Much of the immediate story development I've planned, DOESN'T immediately involve tentacles.

For instance, the tentacle "submit" and tentacle "control" story paths will require that you corrupt the Church to varying degrees before you can directly involve tentacles with the Church. And, the Church is going to prevent public sex with tentacles, for the most part.

Are there story options which COULD immediately involve tentacles? Potentially yes...but they wouldn't advance the main storyline. Perhaps a scene or two involving one of the strange characters you meet down by the riverfront. Or, some development of the coven of the old gods -- specifically, the priestess dedicated to fertility and tentacles. Or even, continuing to explore what Keawe does in the days after she's defeated during the tentacle attack on your house.

Thoughts? Do you guys mind me working on non-tentacle content for a while, in order to advance the main storyline?

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
How about ... both? Church progression and Keawe.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
While I work on finishing up the release...I have a question for you all. Much of the immediate story development I've planned, DOESN'T immediately involve tentacles.

For instance, the tentacle "submit" and tentacle "control" story paths will require that you corrupt the Church to varying degrees before you can directly involve tentacles with the Church. And, the Church is going to prevent public sex with tentacles, for the most part.

Are there story options which COULD immediately involve tentacles? Potentially yes...but they wouldn't advance the main storyline. Perhaps a scene or two involving one of the strange characters you meet down by the riverfront. Or, some development of the coven of the old gods -- specifically, the priestess dedicated to fertility and tentacles. Or even, continuing to explore what Keawe does in the days after she's defeated during the tentacle attack on your house.

Thoughts? Do you guys mind me working on non-tentacle content for a while, in order to advance the main storyline?
It all has to get done eventually. Just so what you feel you need to.
Agree with PregMageTD.

AriaZaia

Oct 29, 2018

It all has to get done eventually. Just so what you feel you need to.
I think its pretty much a consensus that you should go at your own pace and decide whichever you want to do first

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes