mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
How goes learning Ren'py?
Decent. I feel like I'm making "newbie progress" in figuring out how it works.

It took me quite a while to get a good grasp of the ins and outs of Twine, but even so, I was able to get some basic game functionality working within a few weeks of starting to learn it. I'm guessing that I'll have roughly the same learning experience with Ren'py.

I also want to take this opportunity to correct some of the design mistakes I made with the Twine version of Tentacle Slave -- including how I handled things like inventory, combat, and so forth. I'm positive that I can do better, and what's more, Ren'py has quite a lot of sample code available for common game elements like inventory.

Reactions: C4dn3

Malcowitz

Feb 14, 2018
So uh, is this whole game someone playing the part of Slavemaker that involved the tentacles and going "Man, I wish this was a whole game by itself!" ?

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
So uh, is this whole game someone playing the part of Slavemaker that involved the tentacles and going "Man, I wish this was a whole game by itself!" ?
Sort of but not, at the same time.

It's by the same author/dev of that portion of Slavemaker 3 content, mouseguru.

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
By the way, has anyone bothered to update the walkthrough since the one posted, or has it just been q&a in the thread on how to get to new content?

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
By the way, has anyone bothered to update the walkthrough since the one posted, or has it just been q&a in the thread on how to get to new content?
It hasn't gotten updated in a while. I had someone volunteer to wikify the game not too long ago, but they got stuck on a technical issue and I've been too busy to deal with that.

Now that the game is being rewritten in Ren'py, I'm going to focus my attention on the rewrite first. I'll definitely update the walkthrough once the rewrite is finished, of course.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
what happens if you don't get some sort of protection from being dream molested?
Right now, there are two dream events. If you don't seek help after the first event, AND you fuck around with tentacles (and lower your dominance), then the succubus will enslave you during the second dream event.

Nothing comes of that, though. Yet. I still need to develop that path further.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
can characters get pregnant from anything other than tentacle monsters?
Not at present. I do plan on changing up pregnancy a bit in the Ren'py rewrite, but currently there are two varieties of tentacle monsters that the main PC can be impregnated by.

InsaL

Jul 19, 2020
Is there any way to get back into the game proper from the menus? I saved in a stupid spot and I'm now stuck alternating between quest log and character stats after loading, the only two actions it allows me.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Is there any way to get back into the game proper from the menus? I saved in a stupid spot and I'm now stuck alternating between quest log and character stats after loading, the only two actions it allows me.
It's not that easy to fix. Export the save to a file and attach it here, and I'll fix it for you.

FallenEagle

Mar 8, 2018
Apologies, but anyone know the specific route you have to follow to get to the new hyperpreg stuff? What does it contain anyway?

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Apologies, but anyone know the specific route you have to follow to get to the new hyperpreg stuff? What does it contain anyway?
There's a walkthrough to get to it on Patreon -- you only need to pledge $1 to see the walkthrough. Look for the "It Just Keeps Getting Bigger!" post from July 5th.

It's a scene involving a certain existing character of the game (not the main PC or her companions) who expresses dissatisfaction with her tentacle experiences so far. She ends up getting hyper-pregnant, after a complex series of events.

Reactions: Mordona
3.20 star(s) 6 Votes