4.10 star(s) 17 Votes

roland_donald

Apr 18, 2020
What? Why? They weren't before, obviously, and it looks like the style is remaining the same.
is the style really the same? idk it just feels a bit off for me. not that it's bad, but it just gives off some ai vibes. i'd gladly be wrong though

roland_donald

Apr 18, 2020
besides, nono has dipped their toes into AI since last year so it's not like my suspicions are out of nowhere
(first time i noticed them mentioning AI)
(coloring with stable diffusion)

Rhastor

Feb 3, 2018
besides, nono has dipped their toes into AI since last year so it's not like my suspicions are out of nowhere
(first time i noticed them mentioning AI)
(coloring with stable diffusion)
Ah, yeah. That's not super encouraging.

Reactions: Anon_357
Oct 13, 2020
Holy Crap just read the latest updated from the discord.
Nono is now steering into actual scumbag territory.

Copy pasta from the discord
" A message from Nono; Sorry for the lack in communication over all this time, it has been hard to share the lack of good news, but I acknowledge the importance of keeping our still faithful supporters and community in the loop. Things are quite chaotic right now for me, but I need to finish the design so our technical progress can move forward again. Our art team is still working full force churning out content, maybe I need to delegate some content sharing responsibility to my team, so our supporters will know how our resources are used. But I think it is a good problem to have, and we are moving to the right direction. I apologize, perpetually, again for things that I am not handling well, especially for community management, communication, technical hiring. But I am moving things forward. "

but I need to finish the design so our technical progress can move forward again.

He's been using that bullshit excuse for like 2 years now, he really must think the fans of the game are complete morons.

And on the side he apparently backstabbed the one person who was actually posting in a official capacity on his discord.

Copy pasta again
" Final Note from Rae Now that Nono is stripping me of permissions and casting me aside, you will no longer be getting these posts. That goes for pinning messages in ⁠tentacle-pit as well. I'm sorry to bring this bad news up but I wanted to give my farewell. I'll still be in the server but most likely won't ever be interacting anymore. Thanks for the fun times. o/ "

McAztec

Mar 28, 2021

" A message from Nono; Sorry for the lack in communication over all this time, it has been hard to share the lack of good news, but I acknowledge the importance of keeping our still faithful supporters and community in the loop. Things are quite chaotic right now for me, but I need to finish the design so our technical progress can move forward again. Our art team is still working full force churning out content, maybe I need to delegate some content sharing responsibility to my team, so our supporters will know how our resources are used. But I think it is a good problem to have, and we are moving to the right direction. I apologize, perpetually, again for things that I am not handling well, especially for community management, communication, technical hiring. But I am moving things forward. "

but I need to finish the design so our technical progress can move forward again.

He's been using that bullshit excuse for like 2 years now, he really must think the fans of the game are complete morons.

And on the side he apparently backstabbed the one person who was actually posting in a official capacity on his discord.

Copy pasta again
" Final Note from Rae Now that Nono is stripping me of permissions and casting me aside, you will no longer be getting these posts. That goes for pinning messages in ⁠tentacle-pit as well. I'm sorry to bring this bad news up but I wanted to give my farewell. I'll still be in the server but most likely won't ever be interacting anymore. Thanks for the fun times. o/ "
I'd argue he's been in scumbag territory for a long time now. The fact that he's still pulling in upwards of 3k per month after over 2 years without a playable update is simply astounding.

nickelpower

Jun 1, 2022

Copy pasta again
tragicomedy

siekeer

Jun 12, 2021

Copy pasta again

Hmm.. let's wait and see until the end of this month

He's actually gone through 2 Unity Devs at this point. The first left the project not long after entering it which halted the progress for like 6 months until he found another Dev willing to work on the project a few months ago. He recently said that he his looking to release his first public demo next month (August)
Fyi at the time of writing this it seems that nonoplayer's patreon page is "under review". Maybe if his cash flow is reset then we'll actually start seeing updates to the game again, who knows how many people pledged and forgot about it...

Edit: nvm, it's back up now. Also there's a new public post with a free wallpaper and more promises of releasing the unity build next month.

McAztec

Mar 28, 2021
are we finally back?
Not until we see an .exe imo. Talk is cheap and his track record is not great to say the least.

To be honest, due to the extensive amount of money he received without anything in return I actually find it hard to justify giving him money even if he does produce a playable version of the game. What incentive are we creating here? Work for a couple months every 2 years and get paid to do nothing the rest of the time? At best if it's buyable as a one-and-done on Steam (or preferably GOG) with updates being free similar to other titles (more like Subverse, not like Operation Lovecraft).

You may notice in that post that the new version will be available for patrons only at first. I can only hope that all of the people who contributed to his $3k+ per month income will get the new version, including those that cancelled their subscription in the meantime, not just current patrons (though I doubt it). To be fair it's in line with previous practices and not completely unexpected, but I'd just like to point out that the last official public version is actually 5.01, released on 24th of October 2021.
Version 5.02 which we have here wasn't released to the public (as far as I can tell) despite "progress reports" referencing v5.03 (which doesn't exist and/or was never released at all) starting with 29th of November 2021. He's not obligated to give anything to anyone, of course, but I think it speaks volumes by itself. And his paying supporters are not much better off it seems, the only difference being a couple animations in the 5.02 version and a couple hundred unkept promises, in exchange for all that money.

Looking through the public posts it seems that "by the end of the month" is not actually a great indicator of anything at all and we should temper our enthusiasm just in case.

TL;DR: Don't get your hopes up, don't give money until you see a playable product, and yes I am quite salty about all this.

Lewyn Collins

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2021
Not until we see an .exe imo. Talk is cheap and his track record is not great to say the least.

To be honest, due to the extensive amount of money he received without anything in return I actually find it hard to justify giving him money even if he does produce a playable version of the game. What incentive are we creating here? Work for a couple months every 2 years and get paid to do nothing the rest of the time? At best if it's buyable as a one-and-done on Steam (or preferably GOG) with updates being free similar to other titles (more like Subverse, not like Operation Lovecraft).

You may notice in that post that the new version will be available for patrons only at first. I can only hope that all of the people who contributed to his $3k+ per month income will get the new version, including those that cancelled their subscription in the meantime, not just current patrons (though I doubt it). To be fair it's in line with previous practices and not completely unexpected, but I'd just like to point out that the last official public version is actually 5.01, released on 24th of October 2021.
Version 5.02 which we have here wasn't released to the public (as far as I can tell) despite "progress reports" referencing v5.03 (which doesn't exist and/or was never released at all) starting with 29th of November 2021. He's not obligated to give anything to anyone, of course, but I think it speaks volumes by itself. And his paying supporters are not much better off it seems, the only difference being a couple animations in the 5.02 version and a couple hundred unkept promises, in exchange for all that money.

Looking through the public posts it seems that "by the end of the month" is not actually a great indicator of anything at all and we should temper our enthusiasm just in case.

TL;DR: Don't get your hopes up, don't give money until you see a playable product, and yes I am quite salty about all this.
I couldn't agree more, and it's a pity. This game was good in my eyes, or at least the concept of it (personally, the battles were unnecesarrilly difficult when you are just trying to fap), and now... Well, it's as you said. And we could say the same about old legends such as Peach's Untold tale, which is halfway done at best.

Reactions: x159792 and McAztec

nooooob

Jun 14, 2017
Does anyone have a backup of the individual gallery clips?
Not the ~2gb full length clip with all of them stitched together.
Not the 60 fps version.

But the non processed ones?

4.10 star(s) 17 Votes