4.10 star(s) 17 Votes

Hybris

May 9, 2017
I love what this game is doing but my God between the exploration system and now this battle system, it's like this dev can 't help but willfully sabotage his own game at this rate. I am spending more time blindly hunting areas for more tentacles or waiting to give birth to go back to doing anything at all.

At least give us something more than a generic "The tracks go North East..." message, highlight a narrowed down area to search, burn double the actions per a turn to "map" out the area to speed up finding the monsters.

Reactions: amaranta

DinoAlpaca

Aug 18, 2024
I love what this game is doing but my God between the exploration system and now this battle system, it's like this dev can 't help but willfully sabotage his own game at this rate. I am spending more time blindly hunting areas for more tentacles or waiting to give birth to go back to doing anything at all.

At least give us something more than a generic "The tracks go North East..." message, highlight a narrowed down area to search, burn double the actions per a turn to "map" out the area to speed up finding the monsters.
I'm in agreement in terms of the exploring invaded lands for new monsters. The original flash engine game had this problem and it became real a pain. Even with verbal clues from Lilith, it doesn't really help. You can really waste all 5 turns in a round just exploring in hope to find clues (tentacle skins).

The unity version battle system is alot better compared the flash game. You can speed it up and there are battle tips before each fight. What really hurts is the current closure of the wiki pages for Tentacles Thrive, as it was a good source to find out what to do and where each monster was located.

blitblop

Oct 3, 2019
Oh wow, really didn't expect to hear anything from this one, this was one of the earlier adult games I played. Thought it was confined to that old, good, but gone folder in the sky.

Hybris

May 9, 2017
I'm in agreement in terms of the exploring invaded lands for new monsters. The original flash engine game had this problem and it became real a pain. Even with verbal clues from Lilith, it doesn't really help. You can really waste all 5 turns in a round just exploring in hope to find clues (tentacle skins).

The unity version battle system is alot better compared the flash game. You can speed it up and there are battle tips before each fight. What really hurts is the current closure of the wiki pages for Tentacles Thrive, as it was a good source to find out what to do and where each monster was located.
I remember vaguely the wiki and unless the next version is a lot more precise with where to find monsters I doubt bringing it back will change anything. The battle system is still over complicated in my opinion and gets in the way of content more than add any sense of accomplishment especially considering that you can only hold land for a limited amount of time.

Time will tell if the new engine will bring about eventually a retooling of the gameplay.

ital

Jan 26, 2019
It looks like the game is just a demo version, in some ways it has become easier, in some ways it has become harder, there seem to be few scenes, do they want to remake the game on Unity, while starting all over again with the old content? gradually introducing the same thing and milking money from you?

diablo8x

Feb 3, 2018
This is a blast from the past, is it still not finished?
Ist a rework in a different engine it went from Flash to now Unity .. this is just the first basically demo version in Unity ... hopefully the dev starts putting out new versions at a good pace after this will have to wait and see

4.10 star(s) 17 Votes