• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.
4.30 star(s) 16 Votes

Underdog15

Dec 4, 2020
check that filepath in the other quoted post, if there's nothing in there, there's your problem, but I don't know how to fix it
if the folders aren't there, try creating them and see if it works
also try deleting the save or moving to another location it if you still want it
I'd checked before and the flie wasnt there, thats why i tried running as Admin, to see if the issue was that Flash wasnt being allowed to write there. adding the folder doesnt seem to have helped either

Edit: figured it out, Flash was set to not save things. I both didnt know, and didnt know where to find that setting. so for anyone else having the issue: rightclick inside the game window, click "settings" and set it to allow Local storage

Last edited:

YodaStitch

Jul 9, 2018
is there any posible way to copy save progress on v5.01 to v5.02
yes, you just need to copypaste your save from there :
C:\Users\(your local username)\ AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\M6JPUZNZ\localhost\Games\Tentacles_Thrive_Alpha_v5_01.exe
to there :
C:\Users\(your local username)\ AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\M6JPUZNZ\localhost\Games\Tentacles_Thrive_Alpha_v5_02.exe

potatus007

Jan 18, 2022
So I have 2 questions:

1st: Am I the only one that has a lot of lag when in full screen mode? I have a pretty decent PC, and a while back I could easily play the game in full screen, but now it plays at like 10fps in full screen.

2nd: Is there a Mega link to a new/-ish android version of this game? I have some old russian ported 4.04 version of it.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
So I have 2 questions:

1st: Am I the only one that has a lot of lag when in full screen mode? I have a pretty decent PC, and a while back I could easily play the game in full screen, but now it plays at like 10fps in full screen.

2nd: Is there a Mega link to a new/-ish android version of this game? I have some old russian ported 4.04 version of it.
I don't lag at all wether in fullscreen or no
I use CTRL-F to enter fullscreen, if that makes any difference

DrakeRaze

Jun 15, 2018
Question: How can I bond with the baringarus? I can't get to any other map pieces besides the main one, and I've tried just bonding with him on one of the main tiles, but couldn't find the monster that way

Sorry if thats confusing.

Edit: Nvm, I'm an idiot.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
This game is in desperate need of a guide. I can't even figure out how to fight for a new territory. The closest I can find is one post further back in the thread that suggests collecting butanga skin, but I can't actually collect any even when the game says I found one for... Some completely unlabelled reason. Is it a bug? Intentional? I have no clue, because the only sign it's happening is that the number of generic tentacle skins I have remains at 3.

The wiki is completely useless and contains more word-for-word transcriptions of the scenes than actual info about the mechanics of the game. I don't know what food does, or why you would ever hunt in any way really. The stuff in my inventory is completely useless and just a number in a slot.

I love the voice acting and the animation, but the game part is in desperate, desperate need of explaination.

Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
This game is in desperate need of a guide. I can't even figure out how to fight for a new territory. The closest I can find is one post further back in the thread that suggests collecting butanga skin, but I can't actually collect any even when the game says I found one for... Some completely unlabelled reason. Is it a bug? Intentional? I have no clue, because the only sign it's happening is that the number of generic tentacle skins I have remains at 3.

The wiki is completely useless and contains more word-for-word transcriptions of the scenes than actual info about the mechanics of the game. I don't know what food does, or why you would ever hunt in any way really. The stuff in my inventory is completely useless and just a number in a slot.

I love the voice acting and the animation, but the game part is in desperate, desperate need of explaination.
completely with you on that one bro
I found out that for combat, the guys that take up a lot of time to spawn are useless for once, spam little guys.
Besides that, scout using your tentacles to see what you are up against. After you scout, you can click the intelligence button on the top right of the screen when viewing the hexagonal grid map of all the regions, then click on the region you scouted and you should see your enemies stat cards. From then on, figure out what your best tentacles would be against them.
Afaik food is consumed by your tentacles but it's so plentiful it's pretty irrelevant, I have a full secret garden and I still have like 5000 meat.
The other food that you can use before a scene...I have no fucking idea what it does honestly.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Unfortunately none of that is useful to me, because I can't get into a fight to begin with. All I can do is scout the areas next to the secret garden, explore to get fucked, or bond up with my tentacle monsters.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Unfortunately none of that is useful to me, because I can't get into a fight to begin with. All I can do is scout the areas next to the secret garden, explore to get fucked, or bond up with my tentacle monsters.
To invade territories, you need the perk to raise an army. To get the perk to raise an army, you need the perk to cure wounds. To get the perk to cure wounds, you need to have a tentacle wound itself. To have a tentacle wound itself, you need to repeatedly use it to hunt until its stamina drops below zero.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
To invade territories, you need the perk to raise an army. To get the perk to raise an army, you need the perk to cure wounds. To get the perk to cure wounds, you need to have a tentacle wound itself. To have a tentacle wound itself, you need to repeatedly use it to hunt until its stamina drops below zero.
wtf I don't remember needing to do that
maybe I got my perks by having so many tentacles that the garden filled up and they started hurting eachother

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
wtf I don't remember needing to do that
maybe I got my perks by having so many tentacles that the garden filled up and they started hurting eachother
Maybe you ran out of food? (Never happened to me before, so I don’t know what it actually does.)

Because yeah, I give this game another try every couple months or so, and that’s always what I had to do to unlock territory combat. It’s kind of stupid that for “tutorial purposes” the game waits on you to make a mistake which is easily avoidable (just don’t overwork your tentacles), and if you don’t, you just can’t play the game I guess? lol

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Maybe you ran out of food? (Never happened to me before, so I don’t know what it actually does.)

Because yeah, I give this game another try every couple months or so, and that’s always what I had to do to unlock territory combat. It’s kind of stupid that for “tutorial purposes” the game waits on you to make a mistake which is easily avoidable (just don’t overwork your tentacles), and if you don’t, you just can’t play the game I guess? lol
it's so damn easy to avoid this sort of shit as well
hell, if you KNOW as a dev that this sort of crap is in your game, make a help file that people can read to avoid confusion
I like this dev for his animations and writing but god is the game garbage in every other way

Reactions: PBS666

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
it's so damn easy to avoid this sort of shit as well
hell, if you KNOW as a dev that this sort of crap is in your game, make a help file that people can read to avoid confusion
I like this dev for his animations and writing but god is the game garbage in every other way
Same thoughts here: good and varied art and animations (though I wish there were “climax” animations where you actually see the tentacle pump Lilith full of cum till her stomach swells), but by God the game itself is borderline unplayable.

4.30 star(s) 16 Votes