4.30 star(s) 30 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1658820348721.png

Top of the morning to y”all for this outstanding week.
We all love will and wish him the best, most of all that he plays this game with his wife and adult son and daughter and all accept and cherish their sexuality and overcome all fear of everyboye else”s eyes.

Monday, July 25, 2022
Progress
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: D Dog

Doputgun

Sep 15, 2018
Now that I have had some free time on my hands because I don't have to go to school right now, I have been in search of good adult games and I have to say, what three days it has been since I have discovered this DEV's works. Love the story, love the characters in all of this DEV's games. I have played all of them starting with Sorcerer and I can't stress enough how good they are. There is just one problem I have with this one and one problem I saw on all of them.

This one's problem, in my opinion, is that no character has an '' in love '' relationship with the MC other than Chiel. I love a good romance story and I love it when the MC has a romantic relationship with almost all of the characters he sleeps with (it doesn't HAVE to be romantic but when it is, it just makes me feel good) You can sometimes feel the romance (for example, you could feel it when the option to kiss Qivian was presented) but it doesn't emphasized enough I feel. Now it, of course, is the DEV's choice but I just wanted to voice my opinion on it.

The problem with all of them is that there are no dialogues in sex scenes which in turn, in my opinion, causes them not to have significant impact and there is the problem of automatically continuing scenes, when I miss a dialogue and try to go back, it throws me back too much. This problem is the same as the other one though when it comes to it being the DEV's choice but no matter I guess because I played this DEV's work, for the most part, for it's story and not for the sexy bits. I just, again, wanted to voice my opinion so that maybe the game can be improved. I don't know if it can be called improvement since these are my preferences but maybe these are a big chunk of people's preferences so they can be called an improvement? But since the DEV didn't change how he makes his games for so long, I can't think that it is a populer demand or the DEV wants his games this way.

Doputgun

Sep 15, 2018
That's because Chiel is the only person the MC loves.

He likes some of the others but Chiel is the one.

That's been explained in detail since the first part.
Yeah I get that but I expect somekind of romance with all the characters that MC is involved with in the harem games that I play. It is my prefered harem game type. Like I said, I just wanted to voice my opinion, I don't actually expect a change but it just would be nice if this game started to go in that direction.

Doputgun

Sep 15, 2018
why would there be? they have loved eachother since years before trs1 start and others accept that and just want random sex.
Don't worry I get the reasoning behind it but I just like my harem games that way and let's be honest here this wouldn't be the craziest story out there. For example, in Sorcerer Em was the ''one'' for the MC but he loved a lot of people after that. I know that it is not the same context and I simplified it too much while explaining but you probably get what I'm saying.
I, of course, don't expect the DEV to change his game based on the opinion of some guy on the internet but if I didn't made my suggestion I wouldn't feel good about myself.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
The problem with all of them is that there are no dialogues in sex scenes which in turn, in my opinion, causes them not to have significant impact and there is the problem of automatically continuing scenes, when I miss a dialogue and try to go back, it throws me back too much. This problem is the same as the other one though when it comes to it being the DEV's choice but no matter I guess because I played this DEV's work, for the most part, for it's story and not for the sexy bits. I just, again, wanted to voice my opinion so that maybe the game can be improved. I don't know if it can be called improvement since these are my preferences but maybe these are a big chunk of people's preferences so they can be called an improvement? But since the DEV didn't change how he makes his games for so long, I can't think that it is a populer demand or the DEV wants his games this way.
You might want to take look in the "Preferences: Extras" (screenshot below in spoiler) as there are pile of controls in there. The save indicator only appears if you don't have the walkthrough mod installed.

The scene speed controls non-sex scene automatic sequences, and it can be set to be paused and then it works like any other ren'py game with 5 million clicks. Some prefer it automated, some don't, the option is there (also some of these are in Sorcerer as well).

And some likes dialogue, some doesn't, it can be turned on or off in the preferences.

Doputgun

Sep 15, 2018
You might want to take look in the "Preferences: Extras" (screenshot below in spoiler) as there are pile of controls in there. The save indicator only appears if you don't have the walkthrough mod installed.

The scene speed controls non-sex scene automatic sequences, and it can be set to be paused and then it works like any other ren'py game with 5 million clicks. Some prefer it automated, some don't, the option is there (also some of these are in Sorcerer as well).

And some likes dialogue, some doesn't, it can be turned on or off in the preferences.
Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks!

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks!
There isn't that much dialogue during the sex scenes because every time I write it I have to take a 5 minutes break because it makes me laugh.

I try to incorporate features that people suggest. Someone asked the ability pause between the scenes in Sorcerer, took me an update or so to implement it. Then other stuff came from there. Someone wanted the sex scenes be looped, it's just variable toggle and writing an image statement, it got put in. Someone wanted "save indicator" for choices that might cause game over, it got put in. Although that has been used only once so far...

There are some features still that I'm building up (like some sort of codex) but it takes time as making the actual VN is on higher priority. It will appear once I get it into state I'm happy with it.

As for the romance part, Garrett himself said it, he is shitty showing it. He loves Chiel the most, and he always will, that doesn't mean he doesn't care for the others. And in Terminus Reaches case, it also depends on the partner... some have different customs, for the Kziiri (Qivian's species) "romance" usually involves whips and chains, with Mevaar it's generally more business like since they have been built to have multiple "compatible" partners over their lifetime. So what you see with Nealea's scene, the touching and things is abnormal for them over all.

• Yay, new update!
  • Haha
Reactions: Canto Forte and cxx

Doputgun

Sep 15, 2018
There isn't that much dialogue during the sex scenes because every time I write it I have to take a 5 minutes break because it makes me laugh.

I try to incorporate features that people suggest. Someone asked the ability pause between the scenes in Sorcerer, took me an update or so to implement it. Then other stuff came from there. Someone wanted the sex scenes be looped, it's just variable toggle and writing an image statement, it got put in. Someone wanted "save indicator" for choices that might cause game over, it got put in. Although that has been used only once so far...

There are some features still that I'm building up (like some sort of codex) but it takes time as making the actual VN is on higher priority. It will appear once I get it into state I'm happy with it.

As for the romance part, Garrett himself said it, he is shitty showing it. He loves Chiel the most, and he always will, that doesn't mean he doesn't care for the others. And in Terminus Reaches case, it also depends on the partner... some have different customs, for the Kziiri (Qivian's species) "romance" usually involves whips and chains, with Mevaar it's generally more business like since they have been built to have multiple "compatible" partners over their lifetime. So what you see with Nealea's scene, the touching and things is abnormal for them over all.
I think I can kinda understand why it makes you laugh because you aren't probably in the ''mood'' for most of them and them being in writing probably doesn't help as well when I think about it, it probably would make me laugh too if I was in your shoes. But I want to tell somethink about how I feel when it comes to sex scenes in your games. I look at the replay section and try to guess when the story will end based on the interval between the scenes and hope that I don't stumble upon a sex scene so that the story can continue longer. I don't think this is supposed to happen in an adult VN. You are supposed to hope for a sex scene but at the same time love to continue the story. My suggestion would be to incorporate some aspects of the other adult VNs sex scenes in your games so that the sex scenes can be improved because as it is, it looks like two people ''bumping into each other'' without any joints. It probably looks like this because we can see the whole picture. With some close ups and extra renders it might be possible to improve these scenes. But it's your choice of course, I just wanted to give you something to think about. You seem to want to focus on story instead of sex scenes but (I'm saying this without any knowledge of being a DEV) with a little work sex scenes might improve and this may increase your fan base.

I like the fact that you add sensible suggestions to your game because it might improve your game's overall quality and this in turn might increase your fan base which I would love to see happen because what I have seen so far is a DEV that finishes his games and works fast.

I don't know I kinda sensed that you were trying to give that romance vibe I was talking about when you added the option to kiss Qivian and it feels like the MC started to ''feel more'' emotions and started to show them more as we can see in one of the scenes (I can't exactly remember which one) where MC is sad because he can't spend much time with all his children but I might be reading into it too much. Nevertheless that part of my criticism was the most opinion based anyway so the game would be improved in my eyes and maybe not in the eyes of the most people or yours.

I'm sorry for the long comment but I really would love to see this game imrpoved and it's fan base increased so I wanted to make some suggestions.

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Tested and played through a few times, all the saves worked. But that doesn't mean things didn't slip by. So as always, if there are any issues please report them on discord ( ).
As said in the changelog, I had a weird rollback thing happen with one of the saves, but the game progressed normally. But there were no errors, so ren'py being ren'py I guess. Anyway the links.

EDIT: Apparently somethings I fixed didn't stay fixed. During one of the scenes Nadia uses the variable instead of MC's name. There is a fix to it:
Drop it in the /game folder and let it override the scripts.rpa. Note, Shaddy's mod contains this fix already.

Reactions: whichone

blackmetal

Nov 15, 2018
saves just wont load period
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "D:\FLASH GAMES\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-Update3C-pc\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-pc-U10\TRS2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\FLASH GAMES\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-Update3C-pc\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-pc-U10\TRS2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "D:\FLASH GAMES\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-Update3C-pc\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-pc-U10\TRS2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\FLASH GAMES\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-Update3C-pc\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-pc-U10\TRS2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\FLASH GAMES\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-Update3C-pc\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-pc-U10\TRS2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "D:\FLASH GAMES\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-Update3C-pc\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-pc-U10\TRS2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "D:\FLASH GAMES\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-Update3C-pc\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-pc-U10\TRS2-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "D:\FLASH GAMES\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-Update3C-pc\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-pc-U10\TRS2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "D:\FLASH GAMES\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-Update3C-pc\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-pc-U10\TRS2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "D:\FLASH GAMES\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-Update3C-pc\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-pc-U10\TRS2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "D:\FLASH GAMES\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-Update3C-pc\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-pc-U10\TRS2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
File "D:\FLASH GAMES\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-Update3C-pc\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-pc-U10\TRS2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "D:\FLASH GAMES\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-Update3C-pc\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-pc-U10\TRS2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "D:\FLASH GAMES\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-Update3C-pc\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-pc-U10\TRS2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
File "D:\FLASH GAMES\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-Update3C-pc\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-pc-U10\TRS2-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 770, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "D:\FLASH GAMES\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-Update3C-pc\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-pc-U10\TRS2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "D:\FLASH GAMES\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-Update3C-pc\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-pc-U10\TRS2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1815, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "D:\FLASH GAMES\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-Update3C-pc\Terminus_Reach_Sentinel_2-pc-U10\TRS2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Terminus Reach: Sentinel 2 Update 10
Thu Jul 28 17:33:33 2022
```

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
This should be interesting, as due to a thunderstorm couple hours ago seemingly knocking out my internet, got to call the internet company in the morning because modem is not getting any lights at all, I'm doing this comment on my phone. But just finished Update 10, and back to being caught up with the Dev.

Thank you so very much for this game thus far, really enjoying it, and looking forward for Update 11.

Reactions: Talothral

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
I've got some bugs (update only version with fix)
Code:

While running game code:
Exception: Sayer 'XAV' is not defined.

Full traceback:
  File "update10.rpyc", line 704, in script
  File "D:\Jeux\TRS2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 678, in execute
    who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
  File "D:\Jeux\TRS2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 576, in eval_who
    raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer 'XAV' is not defined.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Terminus Reach: Sentinel 2 Update 9
Thu Jul 28 12:06:44 2022
Also in admiral meeting after
Code:

While running game code:
Exception: Sayer 'CRAWJACO' is not defined.

Full traceback:
  File "update10.rpyc", line 971, in script
  File "D:\Jeux\TRS2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 678, in execute
    who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
  File "D:\Jeux\TRS2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 576, in eval_who
    raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer 'CRAWJACO' is not defined.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Terminus Reach: Sentinel 2 Update 9
Thu Jul 28 12:10:30 2022
meeting after
Hmmm, have you extracted any of the .RPA's? Namely, do you have names.rpy in the /game folder? Because that error does suggest that it's being overridden by old version of it.

L3z1l3

Aug 19, 2018
I had the same issue in the last update.
I had extracted the RPA-s and installed the Multi mod and messed up something during the process.

I've deleted the folder keeping only the save files and repeated the whole process (unzip, mod install, extract RPAs) and it worked fine the second time.

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
Ok, I just have to ask, when are we going to hook up with the new doc and Neeshush (or however you spell her name and the short green lady)?

They are just begging to hook up.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Talothral
4.30 star(s) 30 Votes