Compressed update only: From Update 13 to Update 14 (151.8 MB):
Android:
Android (537.7 MB):
:love: Thank you

Reactions: Talothral

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Talothral you are about 5 days early with the update. Not like I am complaining any. Great update as usual.
Yeah, imagine my surprise when someone was asking am I alright on discord. Ah well, typos be damned, but I put out the date so I'm keeping it. Despite technically being one day late... and 6 days early. Not that it matters much, back to finishing up update 15 for proofing build.

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
Yeah, imagine my surprise when someone was asking am I alright on discord. Ah well, typos be damned, but I put out the date so I'm keeping it. Despite technically being one day late... and 6 days early. Not that it matters much, back to finishing up update 15 for proofing build.
That's the kind of attitude I can get behind - many thanks!

Jul 12, 2020
hmm just like with the last update, again variable are not defined (using last savegames?)
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Sayer 'NICA' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "update14.rpyc", line 94, in script
  File "G:\ero_games\______waiting\_P&I\Terminus Reach Sentinel\Terminus Reach Sentinel 2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 678, in execute
    who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
  File "G:\ero_games\______waiting\_P&I\Terminus Reach Sentinel\Terminus Reach Sentinel 2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 576, in eval_who
    raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Terminus Reach: Sentinel 2 Update 12
Thu Sep 22 23:20:20 2022
last time it was pilot and a couple more.
gonna try the full, but not start a new game, too far in it.

Reactions: EJW

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
hmm just like with the last update, again variable are not defined (using last savegames?)
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "update14.rpyc", line 94, in script
  File "G:\ero_games\______waiting\_P&I\Terminus Reach Sentinel\Terminus Reach Sentinel 2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 678, in execute
    who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
  File "G:\ero_games\______waiting\_P&I\Terminus Reach Sentinel\Terminus Reach Sentinel 2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 576, in eval_who
    raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Terminus Reach: Sentinel 2 Update 12
Thu Sep 22 23:20:20 2022
last time it was pilot and a couple more.
gonna try the full, but not start a new game, too far in it.
It is defined alright, it's at this point a random ren'py feature. A bit older save before starting the update should work. Or just create file name "bugfix.rpy" and put the following in it.

Code:
define NICA = Character('nica_name', color="#c56211", dynamic=True)
And if it any time starts bitching about it being defined twice, delete the bugfix.rpy and rpyc. Also check that there aren't any other rpy and rpyc files in the /game folder, they don't mesh well with the .rpa files.

Reactions: Stringy Bob
Jul 12, 2020
It is defined alright, it's at this point a random ren'py feature. A bit older save before starting the update should work. Or just create file name "bugfix.rpy" and put the following in it.

Code:
define NICA = Character('nica_name', color="#c56211", dynamic=True)
And if it any time starts bitching about it being defined twice, delete the bugfix.rpy and rpyc. Also check that there aren't any other rpy and rpyc files in the /game folder, they don't mesh well with the .rpa files.
Tnx for the reply
did that "in file" with update 13, were more missing there so I'm afraid things would keep on going bad to worse on each update.
dwl the whole and the save worked there :D
So hope next time update works.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Tnx for the reply
did that "in file" with update 13, were more missing there so I'm afraid things would keep on going bad to worse on each update.
dwl the whole and the save worked there :D
So hope next time update works.
It's really random for some reason. I'd say 99% of the people haven't had issues with it. Then it randomly strikes in some random update because of reasons and then goes away for another reason. Usually, older save works because then ren'py hasn't decided to delete new variables, yet. Or downloading the full version fixes it because of reasons. There is no rhyme or reason for it. All I can say is to keep an older save handy, it usually fixes it.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

EJW

Jul 13, 2018
It's really random for some reason. I'd say 99% of the people haven't had issues with it. Then it randomly strikes in some random update because of reasons and then goes away for another reason. Usually, older save works because then ren'py hasn't decided to delete new variables, yet. Or downloading the full version fixes it because of reasons. There is no rhyme or reason for it. All I can say is to keep an older save handy, it usually fixes it.
It happened every time with me. I had to start from the beginning every time.

• Sad

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
It happened every time with me. I had to start from the beginning every time.
o_O Okay... I'm not even sure how that is possible. Is it the characters not defined, variables, or both?

The script.rpa contains all the scripts that should be there. And technically if it can't find the updated variables (for simplicity's sake) it would indicate that there is an old script file somewhere. But that's not the case since most who have had this problem haven't extracted the rpy's from the rpa. And I only keep them in one location. Curious, I need to look into this even more somehow. I know rolling back causes one issue. But what causes the names to be an issue? Curious.

Last edited:
Reactions: EJW

RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
man, this is really one of the most exciting stories that is told here in a game.
Great work, thanks for that!
I can hardly wait to see what happens next.

Sharogy

Feb 27, 2022
Some questions regarding the lore,
So I understand that Sentinel was initially a colony ship, one amongst many sent to explore the stars.

So what happened to it that led to its independence? why is it hostile to UEC?
How is Sentinel able to generate enough revenue to fund a planetary terraforming project? like its population has to be fairly limited being a space station.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Some questions regarding the lore,
So I understand that Sentinel was initially a colony ship, one amongst many sent to explore the stars.

So what happened to it that led to its independence?
Sentinel broke down centuries ago like the two others in that colony group of four ships New Dawn and Asgard broke down similarly in different locations and Vanguard is missing. Earth refused to send help, so they said fuck them.

why is it hostile to UEC?
See above, and will be explored bit more deeply in upcoming updates why people don't care for them.

How is Sentinel able to generate enough revenue to fund a planetary terraforming project? like its population has to be fairly limited being a space station.
Exploration (find a mineral-rich asteroid, sell the location to a mining company), scavenging, trade, taxation, rent, and donations.

Sentinel is/was mostly a self-sufficient industrial ship, theoretically, they can produce anything from starships to buildings assuming they have materials and knowledge to do so. And Sentinel is stranded in neutral space between star systems (which is why it isn't orbiting a sun or a planet), which alone has value for diplomacy and trade. Need to deal with a politically difficult situation? Go to a neutral space to deal with it. Need to buy something exotic from species X and don't want them directly knowing where you live? Have it brought to a neutral location and bring it home. And Sentinel gets their cut from those deals.

Reactions: Vanderer and Haast

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
As it says in the game
What happened was that they(Sentinel) were left stranded far from other human habitats, ignored and told to fend for themselves because earth didnt care
After a very long time the UEC started arriving at habitats they had never even acknowledged, having ignored their pleas for aid, and they basicly said you're human so we own you, nobody would like that attitude, some had fought back but they didn't have the support that Sentinel has, so some were forced to agree.
Sentinel made itself into a hub for local inter-species interaction, that sort of thing would be profitible (It is in our society, only in our case its inter-nation), and we already know the ship/station is big.
From a writers (not yet published author) point of view its all obvious.
The people on the station aiding them have literally commited treason, and would be jettisoned out an airlock at the very least.

I typed all this before Talothral had posted his comment and just thought I'd post it anyway as I got the gist of it but from a different point of view

4.30 star(s) 30 Votes