4.30 star(s) 30 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1664780349328.png

Woohoo, it's Friday! So how are we doing this Friday?

Well. I'm going to be honest here. Update 16 is in a weird place. It isn't going to have a huge amount of renders simply because there aren't that many image sequences that require multiple renders. However, the text is the same length as every other update. And another way why it's weird is that I have only two scenes left to render after a week of rendering.

Then we go to writing as usual. About five pages left of update 19's writing, which is good considering I want to keep the buffer at least the same.

So overall good stuff. Although, if the speed keeps up, I need to rethink how I work. If I'm rendering faster than I can write, it just leads to problems.

And then we are catching up on what these two are up to. Now, this has a slight variation depending on what you chose earlier, resulting bit shorter scene overall.

damnmalic

May 29, 2021
The only critique really is to make the kissing more intimate. Have them make out and actually kiss. Currently, the "kisses" are barely a peck you could probably pass a string of dental floss in between and the floss wouldn't touch either mouth.

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Tested and played through it a few times, and all the saves worked. But that doesn't mean things didn't slip by. So as always, if there are any issues please report them on discord ( ).

Note: Only mediafire version "requires" the proofreading patch. Mega has been updated to proofread version.
Uncompressed:
  • PC (Updated) (3.18 GB):
  • PC Alternative:
  • Grammar Patch for MediaFire version:
  • MAC (Updated) (3.16 GB):
Uncompressed update only:
  • From Update 14 to Update 15 (Updated) (179.7 MB):
Compressed:
  • PC (Updated) (1.41 GB):
  • MAC (Updated) (1.40 GB):
Compressed update only:
  • From Update 14 to Update 15 (Updated) (85.9 MB):
Android:
  • Android (Updated) (564.3 MB):

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1664902635531.png
And this is the problematic scene. Yeah, it's just a room with a long desk with people sitting. Yeah, that simple. Why was it problematic? Placing, looks, how to render. First, I wanted them to sit in a semi-circle but didn't have a table prop, and I couldn't kitbash it. So after a couple of variants I tried, I noticed I wouldn't be able to render the scene as I wanted. I still can't, not exactly how I want, but it's an improvement from the issues before.

And sorry, no extra render today. Have to keep few things hidden for now ;)

Monday, October 3, 2022
Progress 03.10.2022

There are times when you need to know when to say "ah, to hell with this" and stop. I've been trying to make a set for the better part of the day, and it's just not happening. But then I do what I need, take a step back, drink from my tea mug, have a biscuit with it, and then tackle it from a new angle.
Also, after that heart attack, update 16 was sent to be tested and proofread. So that's happening with that, and the release should be at the end of the week, assuming nothing too surprising happens. But wait! Didn't I just make a release week ago? Yes, I did. It took me just a week to render this update. Things went surprisingly well. And no, it isn't going to be the new norm since I still need to write.
And speaking of writing, Update 20, here we come. I don't know what it was with last week, but everything went too smoothly, and now I'm suspicious that the next update will be an update from hell.
So I'm a week ahead of the rendering schedule. So what I'm going to do? As the preview shows, well, not really. I mean, you couldn't know from what it is until I say. But anyway, I'm starting to render update 17. This is why I love having a writing buffer. So yeah, moving forward while Adry cleans up my mess of writing. ;)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
i was expecting this. had a feeling that trs will get update this week.

Jul 12, 2020
It's really random for some reason. I'd say 99% of the people haven't had issues with it. Then it randomly strikes in some random update because of reasons and then goes away for another reason. Usually, older save works because then ren'py hasn't decided to delete new variables, yet. Or downloading the full version fixes it because of reasons. There is no rhyme or reason for it. All I can say is to keep an older save handy, it usually fixes it.
yups the same problem again with the update.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Sayer 'ZARI' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "update15.rpyc", line 18, in script
  File "Terminus Reach Sentinel 2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 678, in execute
    who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
  File "Terminus Reach Sentinel 2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 576, in eval_who
    raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer 'ZARI' is not defined.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Terminus Reach: Sentinel 2 Update 12
Tue Oct 04 22:57:51 2022
I think something is wrong in update 12, as I previously downloaded the whole package, deleted the folder and started anew.

loading scene from update 14 gives the same error !! (other line though)
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Sayer 'NICA' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "update14.rpyc", line 94, in script
  File "Terminus Reach Sentinel 2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 678, in execute
    who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
  File "Terminus Reach Sentinel 2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 576, in eval_who
    raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer 'NICA' is not defined.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Terminus Reach: Sentinel 2 Update 12
Tue Oct 04 23:01:25 2022
downloading whole package again, keep save games (deleted persistent & profile folder.
Will see next update if it happens again, if it does, I won't be using the updates anymore :(

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Plot is thickening and all I can think are 3 things.

1. finally getting big, green, muscular and sexy in his office. Hopefully Ava gets to see her get railed.

2. Why did granny not get a railing when he went to see her?

She needs love too.

3. Siren is really growing on me. She has a pretty hot model and I also need to see her get fucked. Really want to see her and Chiel together.

Reactions: Vollezar

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
yups the same problem again with the update.
I think something is wrong in update 12, as I previously downloaded the whole package, deleted the folder and started anew.

loading scene from update 14 gives the same error !! (other line though)
Wait, how the fuck that's even possible? ZARI is defined already in update 14, and NICA is defined in update 13. None of them are new to update 15. Want to do a test? Get the and drop it to the /game folder, let me know what it does. (It's the names.rpy). Beyond that, it's different from the default value one, it almost looks like it forgets the name definitions for some reason. Curious... Although ZARI and NICA are dynamic, it could have deleted the variable as well. The quickest way is to go to update 12 save, which should restore those variables (it's just zari_name = "Zarinah" and nica_name = "Alien" in the console by the way).

And it has happened even before update 12, it's nothing new, sadly. I encountered it the first time on update 3 or 4, I just swapped two lines and it got fixed never seen it since on my end.

EDIT: get the file and test it on the next one since apparently I'm blind as a bat and didn't see you deleting the thing, it has already updated 16 names defined in it so it's more or less safe to use (or should be) in update 16. If it bitches about duplicates at any point then it at least reads the file properly.

Plot is thickening and all I can think are 3 things.

1. finally getting big, green, muscular and sexy in his office. Hopefully Ava gets to see her get railed.

2. Why did granny not get a railing when he went to see her?

She needs love too.

3. Siren is really growing on me. She has a pretty hot model and I also need to see her get fucked. Really want to see her and Chiel together.
Okay, spoiler time of sorts...

1) Scene is written it happens in update 19. The short green one has one scene in update 17, which technically you can miss if you aren't interested in Qivian... yeah, I know.

2) Edna is 21 or 22, it's a bit open at the moment since 20 it's a kind of branching update so I need to see what I need to do to merge the two lines together in a way.

3) Siren... has a one-on-one scene with Garrett in update 16, already built and waiting for stuff >.>

And just something I did last night for reasons.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Wait, how the fuck that's even possible? ZARI is defined already in update 14, and NICA is defined in update 13. None of them are new to update 15. Want to do a test? Get the file and drop it to the /game folder, let me know what it does. (It's the names.rpy). Beyond that, it's different from the default value one, it almost looks like it forgets the name definitions for some reason. Curious... Although ZARI and NICA are dynamic, it could have deleted the variable as well. The quickest way is to go to update 12 save, which should restore those variables (it's just zari_name = "Zarinah" and nica_name = "Alien" in the console by the way).

And it has happened even before update 12, it's nothing new, sadly. I encountered it the first time on update 3 or 4, I just swapped two lines and it got fixed never seen it since on my end.

Okay, spoiler time of sorts...

1) Scene is written it happens in update 19. The short green one has one scene in update 17, which technically you can miss if you aren't interested in Qivian... yeah, I know.

2) Edna is 21 or 22, it's a bit open at the moment since 20 it's a kind of branching update so I need to see what I need to do to merge the two lines together in a way.

3) Siren... has a one-on-one scene with Garrett in update 16, already built and waiting for stuff >.>

And just something I did last night for reasons.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's fantastic news.

I wasn't sure Edna would get another appearance but knowing she's got a scene coming up is awesome.

I was hoping Neesush was going to get some attention but she's one of 2 I wasn't sure would get any shmexy time. The other one being Renaud. Normally when someone is as argumentative as she is it turns to sexual tension but she just comes across as wanting to argue for the sake of arguing so was never sure about her.

Suppose because of her job she needs to question everything.

Also love the little team that was put together with Sage, Siren and Taraia.

Also also, not sure if i've mentioned it before or not but it needs to be said, Lyander's model is gorgeous.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Talothral

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
That's fantastic news.

I wasn't sure Edna would get another appearance but knowing she's got a scene coming up is awesome.

I was hoping Neesush was going to get some attention but she's one of 2 I wasn't sure would get any shmexy time. The other one being Renaud. Normally when someone is as argumentative as she is it turns to sexual tension but she just comes across as wanting to argue for the sake of arguing so was never sure about her.

Suppose because of her job she needs to question everything.

Also love the little team that was put together with Sage, Siren and Taraia.

Also also, not sure if i've mentioned it before or not but it needs to be said, Lyander's model is gorgeous.
Here is a little fun fact. Edna was supposed to get a scene already in TRS1, but at the time it felt like she was going to do it for just the sake of doing it, and when Garrett already turned down Mia (the prostitute on day 1) for similar reasons it didn't feel right either from that angle. But yeah, Edna gets more appearances overall. Also, Mia also has a background appearance in case anyone missed it in one of the earlier days.

Geraud/Renaud whichever I have named her this week... don't ask, you are right about her though regarding her job and it bleeding through even when off duty. But at times, revelations and time might bring change in things and how things end up, there is a bit of character growth for her once I get to the point where I can add it in.

Neesush is probably in the top 5 of most wanted characters. She had like 5 renders in Sorcerer (the model anyway) that she appeared in and her not having a scene despite just being a background character has been lamented few times.

Honestly, I've had so much fun building some of the models in TRS2, Iyanda was a purely experimental one that I wasn't even sure could pull off, she has 4 geoshells stacked so all the skins for the required parts look right, and some of the stuff I've learned while making her is being put in use in the next one. Lissaith is another interesting one if one takes a closer look at her model and the sheer poncho she is wearing while standing >.> Although that might need extraction of the images and zooming in to see properly.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The thing I fell in love with during the first game before I got hooked on the story were the character models.

Said it before but i've always loved seeing unique models in games and between Sentinel and Sorcerer i've seen some incredibly models.

I have to admit though, as much as my kink is muscle women I just absolutely love Lyanda's model. I have fave characters but her model is one of the best i've seen.

The reason the sex scenes work with models that should be ugly is because of the character behind them though.

For instance, watching Qivian's character growth leading up to her first scene made it work. Let's be honest, on it's own she would be classed as ugly but with the character behind it, it just works. She's a fantastic character and seeing her and Wraith together is great.

While I may be lesbian and straight sex doesn't do much most of the time I do enjoy the scenes with those "out there" models.

The Princess is another character I adore. Her model is really good but not what i'd call feminine yet combined with her personality the sex scene was fantastic.

I do think Nova is still my fave character though. I can't see that ever changing.

dawlben

Jan 11, 2021
That was a quick update... used to waiting a few weeks between them not just 1 week or less....

• Thinking Face
Reactions: cxx
Jul 12, 2020
Wait, how the fuck that's even possible? ZARI is defined already in update 14, and NICA is defined in update 13. None of them are new to update 15. Want to do a test? Get the file and drop it to the /game folder, let me know what it does. (It's the names.rpy). Beyond that, it's different from the default value one, it almost looks like it forgets the name definitions for some reason. Curious... Although ZARI and NICA are dynamic, it could have deleted the variable as well. The quickest way is to go to update 12 save, which should restore those variables (it's just zari_name = "Zarinah" and nica_name = "Alien" in the console by the way).

EDIT: get the file and test it on the next one since apparently I'm blind as a bat and didn't see you deleting the thing, it has already updated 16 names defined in it so it's more or less safe to use (or should be) in update 16. If it bitches about duplicates at any point then it at least reads the file properly.
got the file for the next time.

tried it with tha save from the outpost attack update 13?, and ctrl through without errors.
removed it from the game folder and I'll first try next update without.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Is this the time where I point out that I do have material written for adult Cade? And the Wranan triplets... and not forgetting Angie and Samuel either. I'll never say never, so who knows, maybe next one is 25 years time skip.
Damn after learning this update (No. 15) that Cade inherits Chiel's feelings, I am now worried for shorty. What would grandpa Garrett do, if Cade turns out to be a cuck like his mom? :unsure:

It will be karma avenging all those dead fathers in other VN's :KEK:

• Angry
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: cxx and EJW

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Damn after learning this update (No. 15) that Cade inherits Chiel's feelings, I am now worried for shorty. What would grandpa Garrett do, if Cade turns out to be a cuck like his mom? :unsure:

It will be karma avenging all those dead fathers in other VN's :KEK:
It isn't good to jump in conclusions too early ;)

• Haha
Reactions: isotope and v1900

EJW

Jul 13, 2018
With this update my save worked but, I had to play the previous update. I don't mind it is a great game. (All three of your games are great!) I just thought i'd let you know just in case you needed to look at codes or whatever.

• Thinking Face
4.30 star(s) 30 Votes