4.30 star(s) 30 Votes

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
This is the weekend recap of past endeavors for this tormenting game:
Last techie status report, just three days old:
” rendering wise, it went as planned. ;)
Now coding, fixing spelling errors and probably dozen of small things more... ”
1697880654212.png
Vati and Ivoin are some of the characters who will not get a full scene.
They still are, however, part of the crew for the finale.
And yes, there is excitement about getting a ride in the APC...

Progress as of 16.10.2023, about 5 days ago
Hello folks...
Good thing that I didn't specify on which Tuesday I start the new one. I have about 10 renders left of what I've planned. Then whatever comes to mind, so far most of the renders have been within a year of the start of the story, have to see how that goes. And 10 renders doesn't sound much, and you are right, it isn't much. Except each new set needs building, that's 1 to 4 hours, and daz is slow "starting a new scene" and loading things. And no SSD or NVME.M2 doesn't change it, unfortunately. In this case HDD isn't the bottleneck it's how Daz is made. Regardless, the epilogue update will be out this month, it's being proofread and I've set the release date for it already, but more of that on Friday. And I'm confident that I will start rendering new stuff if not Tuesday, Wednesday...
Why do I have a feeling that it's in the "famous last words"-category?
Writing is chugging along, nothing much to say about it,
I get to write a moment here and there so I'm mostly happy with it.

1697880812751.png
this is literally the last render of TRS2...
attached as 4k image so it scales down nicely to a lot of screens of someone wants to use it as wallpaper.

Progress of 20.10.2023 from 17 hours ago
Hello everyone!
The epilogue is done, sorry for it taking this long. And I feel sort of empty, but that's normal between projects. It is slowly uploading and release is once it's done, there is 75ish GB to upload in total... Beyond that, the most important part is at the start of the update, with "short debriefing" section and a few other scenes. Then well, it is Sorcerer style epilogue, info and checking on the LI's. Also, the "finale" slide show. I actually didn't go far out with it. All of them happen pretty much within a year, year and a half from the start of this story, give or take. Why? That is a good question. I tried to make some from the later years, but it just didn't fit like it did in Sorcerer. Still, some awww moments, some that make you facepalm, the usual stuff. Maybe.
And that means that the rendering of the next one has started. Starting was a bit slow, but that is normal when starting a new project, or an update for that matter. Rendering is slightly slower than I anticipated, but that is because of the current environment being demanding. But it's more a matter of a few minutes than anything drastic. Over all, it gets faster once I get used to the different flow that the new one has.
Writing is picking up again now that I don't have that nagging feeling in the back of my head. So it's good.
And all this means... there will be only normal "teaser" renders for a while:
1697880941201.png
And this one was one of the easier ones in the finale...
It's funny, this looks like a simple scene, but there are so many minor details to take care of,
at least so that there is no obvious clipping on the camera.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well new kitty was born quickly unless it's timejump then garrett got "few" more kids.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
If Tal skips a couple of generations for part 3 every person on Cereia will have glowing blue eyes :)
sure but that'd be incest and don't think tal is doing that.

That's rookie numbers, if you go by what Chiel wants, it's going to be galaxy populated by MC's kids :p
i know that very well, she gives those potions like giving candies to kids.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
I was hopping the Little Kziiri instead of changing her eyes her horns would glow, i was hopping to see them
Well... that is something I would need to experiment on, as the horns aren't really made for that out of the box. Making things glow is easy, making it look good? Not so much. Maybe once she learns how to use her powers... Seems that there is an interest in future instalments so. Naturally, that would depend on the time skip, but it isn't like it wouldn't be impossible to show the legacy of Garrett and Matriarch Qivian (and Zarinah) doing things either.

4.30 star(s) 30 Votes