4.50 star(s) 59 Votes

Chikira

Aug 9, 2020
I have to say, I was thoroughly hooked on the story and couldn't put this down. Very engaging and I had skipped this one due to all the bald heads. I cannot wait for any sequel and will be checking out Sourcerer if it is ANYWHERE near the level of engagement and story this one had. Awesome work Talo!

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
I have to say, I was thoroughly hooked on the story and couldn't put this down. Very engaging and I had skipped this one due to all the bald heads. I cannot wait for any sequel and will be checking out Sourcerer if it is ANYWHERE near the level of engagement and story this one had. Awesome work Talo!
Sorcerer is as good, if not better.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
gotta admit that this game exceeded expectations, good graphics (not top notch but still good), good story and characters, well made humor. game kept player in it's hooks by wanting to see what happens next and later finds out that it's 2am still took few days to finish this so not short game.

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Saw this one and kinda skipped it by.. wasn't enamored with the aliens. Much later discovered Sorcerer and have been enjoying it immensely so figured I'd just give this one a quick once over when I found the time. Boy am I happy I did! Put a new banner on this one with Completed tag.. maybe something on the banner that says 'from the creator of Sorcerer'.. This one definitely deserved more then 10 pages of comments.. just need something like that to get some attention refocused on it. Hey Talothral, one day (after Sorcerer is completed) you should consider a sequel to this one.. something along the lines of 'The continuing adventures of Garrett' :)

Impressed with both bodies of work. Two thumbs up.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
something along the lines of 'The continuing adventures of Garrett' :)
while every1 would love it it'd be quite actionless since all races are in peace with others (well except 1 but no1 cares about those) and humans would be living on some planet/planets instead spacestation so sequel could be quite boring compared to this and more generic vn and introducing new hostile alien race would be kinda recycling this game's plot.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
while every1 would love it it'd be quite actionless since all races are in peace with others (well except 1 but no1 cares about those) and humans would be living on some planet/planets instead spacestation so sequel could be quite boring compared to this and more generic vn and introducing new hostile alien race would be kinda recycling this game's plot.
Trust me, it isn't actionless. It's far from it, as I'm afraid that Sentinel station is a far more dangerous place to live than it might seem at the moment. Besides, there will be a 5-year time skip anyway for various reasons, so the surrounding political landscape has changed quite a bit in that time as well.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Trust me, it isn't actionless. It's far from it, as I'm afraid that Sentinel station is a far more dangerous place to live than it might seem at the moment. Besides, there will be a 5-year time skip anyway for various reasons, so the surrounding political landscape has changed quite a bit in that time as well.
well if you make radical changes then but end of this it was planned that humans move to planet so hard to see that they'd abandon or can't do it inside 5 years.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
well if you make radical changes then but end of this it was planned that humans move to planet so hard to see that they'd abandon or can't do it inside 5 years.
They don't need to be that radical changes. And yes, there was a plan to find a colony world, keyword find. Finding one that is suitable for a colony is more difficult if you don't have the ability to terraform, and Sentinel wasn't a colony ship that had terraforming abilities, it was a manufacturing ship.

The colony ships were a group of 4, Asgard was terraforming, New Dawn had agricultural and biggest portion of the intended population, Vanguard was mostly military, and Sentinel was as said manufacturing that got turned in to space station, well of them did simply because they broke down before reaching a suitable location, except Vanguard, it's missing. All of them were self-sustaining to a point, but all individually lack the means to support a growing colony, they mostly survive thanks to trade.

And while they had non-aggression pacts, it doesn't mean that the other species will aid the station's population in finding a suitable world that they wouldn't colonize themselves.

RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
probably the best game you can find here. Is it still being worked on or is it finished?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
And while they had non-aggression pacts, it doesn't mean that the other species will aid the station's population in finding a suitable world that they wouldn't colonize themselves.
well mr mc happens to be married 1 of alien leader's daughter and had kids with other and is supreme general on other so there shouldn't be problems on getting terraformi engines or smallish planet which is habitable for humans but not to aliens but your game so your decision.

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
How I look at it.. 'Did I enjoy his game/story? Am I enjoying the 'other' game/story he is producing right now?' Since both those are in the affirmative I believe I'm gonna let Talothral have a free rein to do whatever he wants.. and go with the last words right above.. after all of the back and forth.. - but your game so your decision. -

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
well mr mc happens to be married 1 of alien leader's daughter and had kids with other and is supreme general on other so there shouldn't be problems on getting terraformi engines or smallish planet which is habitable for humans but not to aliens but your game so your decision.
Ezan is just an ambassador, not a leader, while he does have some weight behind his name he isn't really involved in the high-end decision making. Changing the research treaties served Elai Republic, as does the location of the Sentinel for trade. Ot'ai only cared for the psionics on the station, and the only reason they really agreed for changing the treaty was the psionics on the station could be "healed" and freed.

And as far as the title goes, it's honorary, it's even stated in the game I believe. It is the highest honor the Kraed Empire can give to non-Kraed for saving an heir to the throne, one of them anyway. Sure, any soldier would obey Garrett's command in a battle, as long as there wouldn't be anyone higher of their kind present, but that's highly unlikely.

Naelea is also just an ambassador, and she had the children for her own selfish reasons. The only one who you could consider leader is Qivian, but that's because she is Elder Matriarch which translates that she leads a clan that rules an entire system, and the clan matriarchs decide what is "best" action for the species. Most of them aren't going to help male-dominant species, simply out of principle.

The story in this game isn't the first one in this setting, nor is it the last one. If I would want to, I could do 20 years time skip and use Chiel's and Garrett's son (the MC) as the next protagonist, his name is Cade if anyone is interested, I have a story or two for that as well. Or the Naealea's triplets got one for them as well. I have 37 species made with somewhat detailed background information, the level of detail depends on what I used them for.

But that being said, I understand the reservations and do appreciate the counterarguments. But is the story good, bad, better, or worse can only be decided after it is done and shown to the public. And all I can do is weave the story and hope people will like it.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 59 Votes