nabucco

Apr 15, 2018
The only cards I seem to have are TF (small amount) and the ones with the brain on them. I don't see any defensive ones.
Brains (=smarts) are one of the three currencies (smarts, seduction, submission) with which you buy new cards from the selection presented to you in the top row. If you have ever played a game like Dominion, it's a very similar concept, a classical deck building game.
You play your cards, accrue currency to buy new, better cards, at the end of your turn both the cards you played and the ones you just bought go to your discard pile which will eventually form your new draw pile. That's your basic gameplay loop. The cost of each card is printed in the top left corner, and the total amount of currencies is shown between both rows of cards.
Depending on your TF level the cards offered will change, in general with increasing TF you will mostly be offered smarts, then seduction, and finally submission cards. You can hover over a card in the buy row to see the TF in which it is available (note to developer: even better if this information would also be available on the cards already in your deck).

Edit: Ninja'd by dev ... ;-)

Reactions: manditacoelhinha

Raknor

May 12, 2019
Brains (=smarts) are one of the three currencies (smarts, seduction, submission) with which you buy new cards from the selection presented to you in the top row. If you have ever played a game like Dominion, it's a very similar concept, a classical deck building game.
You play your cards, accrue currency to buy new, better cards, at the end of your turn both the cards you played and the ones you just bought go to your discard pile which will eventually form your new draw pile. That's your basic gameplay loop. The cost of each card is printed in the top left corner, and the total amount of currencies is shown between both rows of cards.
Depending on your TF level the cards offered will change, in general with increasing TF you will mostly be offered smarts, then seduction, and finally submission cards. You can hover over a card in the buy row to see the TF in which it is available (note to developer: even better if this information would also be available on the cards already in your deck).

Edit: Ninja'd by dev ... ;-)
Ah, that is what I was doing wrong. I thought the cards at the top was what my opponent played...not the cards I could buy. Thank you for that information. Either I missed that in the rules or I thought it meant something else.

godhan69

Jul 27, 2019
im thinking of using daz and making some custom avatar images.

If the uploader doesn't mind i might link it whenever it is finished.

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Is the "Ritual" path supposed to be balanced yet? I was attempting it about 20-30 times before I ended up cheating to beat it (only to realize that there is no real ending for that yet and it does not even award me any ascension points for the previous accomplishments in the story). Not sure if the ritual fight is affected by ascension level, but I just never managed to get to 666 in time. It's much too RNG-dependent with the limited set of cards.

You usually want to get at least 10 shield, but ideally 15-20 to prevent the enemy from getting closer to their goal, since there is no way to revert their progress. If you get a few rounds of bad luck where you don't draw enough shields, you are quickly going to lose that battle. However, getting 3-4 shield cards in your hand won't get you much closer to your own goal, so you need to diversify, making it more likely to get an unlucky hand that leaves you vulnerable.
A way around that problem are cards that let you draw more cards - either directly as "draw + shield" or just drawing multiple cards. However, all of these cost a TF increase on each use, which you need to make up for by adding more penitence to your deck. But those in turn start to water down your chances to draw cards that get you closer to your goal or at least defend you from enemy damage. It's an extremely delicate balance that becomes more and more easily disturbed as you need to add more cards to it. Either you don't get enough shield or not enough damage or not enough penitence to make up for your increase in TF, which locks you out of using cards that would solve the first two problems in the lategame.
Another strategy is of course to rely on the card that adds damage to each card played and then hoping that you get a lot of redraw cards. But in order to get that card at the right time, you need to add a bunch of them to your deck - and that in turn will water it down even more.

Since none of your previous modifications and completed themes carry over into that fight, there is no catch-up mechanic by which you could influence the actual difficulty of that battle.

gafo

Dec 25, 2018
There is any way to edit a save game?

I tried with but it is a mess and don't understand anything.

Sigvald

Aug 2, 2017
So I went into Sublime Text and edited the values for almost all the cards. This is to make you the player basically overpowered and easily able to beat all bosses in Story Mode without too much trouble.

Changes:
All card values except for exclusive transformation cards have been reduced to a cost of 1 Brain/Heart/Submission
(basically the card all the way to the right is left unchanged)
*let me know if I missed any of them*

All the in-game upgrades for ANY playing cards have been reduced to a 0/1
for example - playing a brain card will instantly give you the upgrade and boost those cards

All the bonuses that increase initial TF are all set to 5, I didn't manage to change the words attached to them but regardless all bonuses that increase your Initial TF are 5. No changes have been made to the bonuses they provide, what they say is what it does except for Initial TF increase.
*let me know if I missed any of these too*

All the bonuses that increase Max TF have been doubled/tripled, any bonus that increases them can be expected to raise your max TF by a lot to increase your survivability.

Witch -
The witch's final scene cards have been reduced to 1 cost as well/All cards that inflict corruption raise it by 50/TF increase is left unchanged.

known bug
*Rarely it may happen that regardless of whatever transformation you chose after you click on a card to play it may jump you straight into the succubus final scene. Still trying to find that code to fix it *

Have fun~

GrotesqueChaos

Feb 19, 2018
In latest version Hypnotic Email card does nothing. To fix this open .html file with text editor, search for Hypnotic Email and add >> after <<set $TFDamage+=1, $shield+=1, $brain+=1
Or just wait until dev reuploads, works too.

Hollow15

Sep 30, 2018
out of curiosity, I'd like to know which is right
Under updates on page 1, it says that MAgical-er Girl is a witch/schoolgirl dual-class and that Acolyte is a witch/magical girl dual-class.
but in the game itself, it has Magical-er Girl as a Witch/Magical Girl dual-class and that Acolyte is a schoolgirl/Witch dual-class

Hollow15

Sep 30, 2018
ok, so i think i found a glitch in Sandbox Mode.When i select one of the new dual classes and choose start without going to options then i get reduced decks, only three red and three yellow as opposed to the normal 5. This did not occur when i used Bimbo

~~added~~
also can confirm the error Picobyte encountered. Similar Error Message popped up whilst playing Scientific Advisor and Hiome Chemistry. I think any card that calls forth potions is going to hit an issue
I think there might be an issue with the program calling images from the magical girl folder, cards belonging to that "suit" show up as broken image when i play as Magicalgirl/Witch though it looks fine if i play a normal magical girl

Last edited:

Vln_

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2018
Not my cup of tea but I found myself enjoying playing it. Nice work!

nabucco

Apr 15, 2018
The forbidden catsuit triggers a bug:
When I defeat my opponent by completing the forbidden catsuit, the boss fight never happens.
I see the pre-battle screen where I can spend points for reducing my TF, removing cards and preparing, but the points are not reduced when chosing one of the options (the effect still triggers as far as I can check). When I want to continue to the boss battle, I get a Screen with "Exodia!", and back to the pre-battle screen.

4.50 star(s) 57 Votes