Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I'm working on a big balance update, so if you have comments about specific card balance, now would be a good time to post them.

syralic

Jul 23, 2018
I'm working on a big balance update, so if you have comments about specific card balance, now would be a good time to post them.
Feedback context:
First of all huge fan, really a nice game, I like to play it a lot, even if I picked only a few version ago (0.99)
Playing mostly ascension, level 10 with most girls.
Be either, gameplay, progression through ascension levels, replayability and the lewds, it's a nice an polished game you wanting to balance it further even at this point explains why.
Here a list of overall gameplay feelings for version 1.01 (not really easily actionable changes sorry...):
  • Drawing card mechanics feels too powerful. It's a given in most card building games to cycle through your deck and play powerful turns but I tend to default to it as a lazy gameplay escape hatch.
  • Breast cards feels a little bit worthless even with upgrades, since they just provides raw stats
  • With animal girl starters, I almost always default to bunny as the strongest / safest route fells like it's linked to hearts being more powerful that the other resources
  • Maybe it's lazy gameplay, and I'm not asking for a nerf but here are the cards that end-up in almost all my winnings decks:
    • Free entry (draw priciest heart card)
    • Cock tease (2x hearts)
    • Blowjob (hearts to TF)
    • So big
    • Creampie (5 sub - draw 2)
    • Swallow (Draw up to 3)
    • Lick it up (Draw 3) => those 3 being in "Cum" card family makes it a no brainer
    • Anal (3 hearts - draw 1)
    • Ride'them (6 TF - draw 1)
    • Pounded (2 sub - 2TF - draw 1)
    • Doggy style (draw up to 4) => those 4 being in "Sex" card family makes it the 2nd no brainer
  • For some girls transformations, I almost totally ignore girl mechanic cards - like witches since Cum & Sex are self sufficient to win (with a bit of raw value cards).
  • Ditz mechanic is really hard without the upgrade (dead cards in your deck weights you down a lot) and it feels almost to easy after getting the "ditz draw upgrade". I don't have any tips to fix this balance if only there was something between dead card and draw 1, but draw 0,5 cards seems like a bad idea...
  • It seems that winning Ascension 10 does not give any point to spend in shop, while losing the extra last fight does provides and winning in ascension 9 provides a lot, is it intended ? I'm ascension 10 since a while and I still have things to buy the shop :)
Non game-play related feature requests:
  • Interface "quick win": Add an option to set (face up) card transparency to better see gif when displayed in the background
  • Content - Fetish related: piercing theme ? either new card deck or girl...
To sum up, great game, thanks for reading feedback about it evens outside your patreon community. Recent fan but I'm asking myself why am I not a patreon yet...

Last edited:
Reactions: totesSatan

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
As a few of us mentioned further up in the thread, if the magical girls deck's pure variants are meant to be a viable playstyle in themselves then there balance may need looking at, it is common for your charecters corruption to be maxed out before you even get an opportunity to purchase let alone play a corruption reducing card.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Commenting about specific card balance, a few things come to mind:

Sissy decks feel really hard to get started, I know they are meant to be played almost exclusively as a yellow deck, but yellow decks pretty much require a lot of body modifications (just to start closer to their range if nothing else) and the Submit card upgrade to be able to get an yellow eco going, but you can't have those things in the earlier rounds so pretty much the only unique gameplan for the sissy deck at that point is to go for "Pent Up" 1-hit kills. I would like to see some eco buffs to the lower range sissy cards, either just having them give more Red or Yellow, or maybe make them more flexible (i.e, gives red when uncaged, gives yellow if you are caged).

The dominant variety of the of the wolf-girl deck feels underwhelming, considering that to use that variation the player must both forsake yellow cards and the other animal cards, it gets really difficult to do any damage with it. This is further compounded by the fact both the animal deck and the futanari deck are good with some body modifications, but then the wolf deck only really works if you are starting with really low TF, so you can build a more Blue focused deck, otherwise your only damage source is gonna be Thrill of the Hunt. I think I would like to either see wolf cards do some damage, or have their eco be split between Blue and Red.

I would like to see a damage boost to the "Cum!" card, the futanari deck is pretty strong on its own so this isn't as much about giving a needed buff as much as just making the card more exciting to use. The card takes a lot of effort to get so I imagine it was meant to be pretty analogous to a 1-hit kill card, but in higher ascensions, 100 TF is sometimes not enough to do that. I think a damage buff to 150 would make it a more exciting card.

Nov 4, 2018
Biggest thing I have noticed is that card draw decks are pretty much always the best way to go. I feel like a lot of combos and thought went into other cards and deck types but they end up being inferior to just going for more card draw when possible.

Konpon

Jun 30, 2020
I think the economy flow for Brain > Heart > Whip may need a double check. Perhaps even a unique flow behaviour per deck theme. Because it's not quite meshing well with some decks, such as those mentioned above.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
I think the economy flow for Brain > Heart > Whip may need a double check. Perhaps even a unique flow behaviour per deck theme. Because it's not quite meshing well with some decks, such as those mentioned above.
Brain to Heart has a pretty smooth transition if you keep the femme fatale set and also get its upgrade (which makes flirt cards also give Brain), Heart to Whip is the one that is pretty difficult in my opinion, the Sissy deck gets a card to transform Red into Yellow, but the Sissy deck already has a weaker eco and no access to the basic buypile cards so it really doesn't help as much as you would think.

I think this is by design though, since you can see that half the "Yellow" card sets actually use Hearts (Sex set, Cock set, Cum set), so I think Whip is meant to be situational. The issue is with the decks that have their power-spike pretty much exclusively tied to Whip, namely the sissy deck. I think the Hucow deck also suffers a bit from that, but the breast mechanic gives you an alternative, while the lock mechanic of the sissy deck is pretty much just a hindrance until you get to the Whip cards.

The main thing is that, with the way the game is designed with the opponent dealing increased damage over time, the best opportunity you have to "park" your TF and build a deck is on your starting TF, so basically you have "sweet spots" for your starting TF that can either make it easy to build a deck, or make it really hard. My take on it:

<5 TF: Good to build a blue-focused deck. 5 to 15 TF: Wasteland. 15 to 25 TF: Good to build a red-focused deck. 25 to 50 TF: Wasteland. >50 TF: Good to build a yellow-focused deck.

Whiterisere

Sep 27, 2017
Thanks for the feedback, it will all be taken into consideration.
Hey, quick question, i know you can see the range at which card can pop-up, but from what i figured out you can only see that during battle, which turns the game into trial and error, at least for me.
If you manage to add a small feature that let's you see the range in the deck-modification menu it would be great.
That's all for now, the rest of the game is super good, keep it up!

Robosapien

Feb 10, 2018
Not sure if this has been covered earlier in the thread but the player is disincentivized from buying body mods because that is the only part of the loadout that is unpredictable going into story mode. I can have an idea of how I want to play based on available transformations and decks but if I buy too many mods, I have no idea what playstyles will be possible. If I opt to not buy any mods, I probably wont have the best possible setup but I can at least predict that it wont be terrible.

Talio

Sep 2, 2020
Animal girl spirit animal body mod basically completely breaks in dual class fights. Card images are wrong and it fails to function meaning it does not lock on to a single animal type. Makes saving every turn nessicary to discover what card it actually spawned and make sure buying it wont kill your comp. There was also an entire fifth card slot that I could not buy anything in and sometimes cards would refuse to be bought for no reason I can understand. The non bunny transformations are also nigh unplayable as their cards do not help econ which is the most important part of early-mid game buys. The exception to that is in dual transforms, while wolf lacks any damage as said above and cow takes forever to get going they can at least in theory function.

Please fix the store appearing for some rounds of endless mode and not appearing for others seemingly at random.

I like playing hard blue comps and I would love if one of the classes could support that better the only one that kind of does is schoolgirl and if you get deep enough to access it's power blue cards you are already lost as you have left the extra turn zone.

It is MUCH harder to kill quickly for some classes than others which in turn means they have much less access to upgrade points in-spite needing as badly or in some cases more(hello bimbo round 1). I feel like this would be a good thing to balance if at all possible, my idea is to make the point drop off scale slower for some classes than others.

Maybe I am a big stupid and I just don't understand how to play but as far as I can tell club girl is horrible. The econ is problematic the card draw is uninspiring and it does not lend itself to any particular cheese strat to make up for it, see schoolgirl extra turns for a good example of that.

I have played this game through more times then I would care to admit and even now I don't fully understand how the discard pile and the search effects interact. You can play a free entry and it gets a consolation prize then cycle any card and draw a red effect like anal. It may be some form of bug but this interaction has been consistently confusing to me for as long as I have played the game and if it is not changed could you at least give the in game explanations a little more detail in terms what's happening here and why?

Sometimes the card cluster selection screen only has 2 options for red and orange cluster slots available. I think this may be intended but as far as I can tell it happens at inconsistent times and for no particular reason, so if it is not a bug to be fixed could we get some clarification on why it happens.

Ditzes are also very hit and miss in if they will do their actual function and remove brain cards or not. I think this may be caused by the same thing as the inconsistent tutoring bug, but it would be cool if they worked as they claim. As a separate idea for the bimbo class I think making upgrading ditzes a core mechanic, kind of like the drone, would be a really cool direction to explore and could create some fascinating game play.

I have found playing the veiled woman class amalgams to be incredibly unrewarding and uninteresting. The massive splooge of class specific cards everywhere makes getting a functional economy up and running almost impossible and the very different and frequently mutually exclusive(I'm looking at you futa wolf who cant buy animal cards) objectives make every buy period feel like a lottery, as you hope 1) enough econ to actually play will appear and 2) that the 11 different dueling identities will show up in a ratio that makes winning even possible. The punishing nature of the final fight helps not at all. Over all I found all my wins on ascension 10 to empty feeling because after all that time crafting a strategy and balancing tradeoffs and beating bosses I then sat down in a shooting gallery and maybe 1/10 times I staggered out alive. The animal girl one is the worst ( still haven't figured out how to beat it without extensive save scumming or rng manipulation) but the others are honestly not much better. I am sorry if this sounds like a big downer but I want to be clear your game is, at least for the most part, very fun to play.

Last edited:

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
I like playing hard blue comps and I would love if one of the classes could support that better the only one that kind of does is schoolgirl and if you get deep enough to access it's power blue cards you are already lost as you have left the extra turn zone.
Magic girl also works okay for full blue comps, provided you can deal with the corruption mechanic (might need a couple "fight evil" cards from the magic girl sub-deck). It has a lot of blue cards scattered through all phases of the game with good shields, good draw and good eco. By the time you get to triumph of the mind cards, if you managed to pick up a few -tf cards (modesty and surgery), you can easily start bringing your TF down all the way back to 0. The main thing the magic girl deck is lacking for full blue comps is damage, so battles will be very drawn out which will mean less points for upgrades.
Maybe I am a big stupid and I just don't understand how to play but as far as I can tell club girl is horrible. The econ is problematic the card draw is uninspiring and it does not lend itself to any particular cheese strat to make up for it, see schoolgirl extra turns for a good example of that.
The strength of the club girl eco comes from potion eco being selective, it sucks when you get several cards you want to buy at once in the buypile but you draw a bad eco hand and can't buy anything, but if you had potions stored you can get around the problem. I think Club Girl blue eco is fine if you have the club girl sub-deck, but if you can get body transformations that give you a strong red eco (beautiful face or thick thighs) I think it is fine to neglect playing blue. Club Girl has some crazy powerful red cards, namely bathroom fling and poppers, bathroom fling will turn red into tf and shields which is crazy strong and poppers fills your potion slots with draw card potions (so at minimum it is 3 draws, but can be much more if you upgrade your slots). I don't think club girl has any cheese, but it is just a strong all-around deck if you abuse the potion mechanics.

Also for your questions about search cards and discard piles, I'm not sure if it works like this or if it is mentioned in the tutorial, but my understanding is that there are 3 piles, the draw pile, the discard pile, and the "graveyard" pile. Cards you have played or otherwise discarded go to the discard pile, if you end a turn with the draw pile empty, then the game shuffles all the discard pile cards back into the draw pile. I believe specific search cards (like free-entry) and exclusive card mechanics (like ditz blue elimination or futa's yellow transformation) only look at your hand + your draw pile, while random draw cards look first at your draw pile, but if that's empty they will look at your discard pile. Cards that have been drawn from the discard pile don't get sent back to the discard pile after being played, instead they get sent to the graveyard pile, from where they cannot be drawn whatsoever. When the turn ends, both cards from the discard pile and the graveyard pile will be shuffled back into the draw pile. This basically means that, with regular random draw cards, you can only cycle through your deck twice (I believe extra turn cards bypass this and truly let you set up an "endless turn").

Jan 10, 2018
1.1, the big balance update, is out.
Changed shuffle algorithm to make the resource transitions happen ~5 TF later as well as increase the TF range of cards
O... Oh. Maybe I should have checked to see if there were any imminent updates before creating a handy cheat-sheet for card availability...

That said, I look forward to trying out the changes! Some cards felt like they had a pretty narrow range, but I especially look forward to seeing if this makes x2 tf rounds less frustrating. For those, it constantly felt like my opponent would deal 12 damage or so just when I was about to enter the availability range for an important card.

rrss223

Jun 3, 2017
1.1 doesn't work in Firefox 81 offline. It does work in Brave/Chrome:

Apologies! A fatal error has occurred. Aborting.

Error: no valid storage adapters found.

Stack Trace:
e@file:///C:/TF%20Card%20Battle%201.1/TF%20Card%20Battle.html:23593:5012
@file:///C:/TF%20Card%20Battle%201.1/TF%20Card%20Battle.html:23599:12390
l@file:///C:/TF%20Card%20Battle%201.1/TF%20Card%20Battle.html:59:29375
a/</c<@file:///C:/TF%20Card%20Battle%201.1/TF%20Card%20Battle.html:59:29677

Jdozer

Feb 21, 2019
Some bugs
The Unveil code doesn't appear to unlock club girl transformation

Low-cut top is missing a $ sign before the "shield" variable name (line 3614 in my IDE); causes it to throw an error, and not add any shields when played. (people who know what they are doing, you can just add the symbol yourself and save, it fixed it for me)

Also, breast theme cards don't interact correctly with multi draw cards. If you use a breast card, and then play something that draws multiple cards, all draws are replaced by the breast card (which also adds additional copies into your deck)

4.50 star(s) 57 Votes