Draver1

Feb 17, 2021
Why are the file sizes different between the different mirrors? Mega & Workupload are 1.63G, and Pixeldrain is 1.75G. Didn't check Mixdrop, as I've had bad luck with that site.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Why are the file sizes different between the different mirrors? Mega & Workupload are 1.63G, and Pixeldrain is 1.75G. Didn't check Mixdrop, as I've had bad luck with that site.
The filehoster count the sizes different. Mega, Workupload, Mediafire have a lower size, Pixeldrain and I think Gofile a higher one. When you download them they should be the same.

Reactions: Punto and Draver1

anonymous316

Oct 6, 2017
Honestly I would have been fine with the whole age up thing if the dev actually put more work into it rather then just changing a few models to appear older.

Reactions: 「HOLLOW」

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Working Version: Day5

Patch has been retrofitted by me, and should work with no problems.
If you do have problems, let me know and I willapply fix and update!
Your patch zip file is acting rather strange. As in... it might be infected somehow?

I extracted one file, characters.rpy, to Notepad ++ and as soon as the file opened, the ZIP file prompted me with this:

Infected-somehow-perhaps.png
It did this for every rpy file in the ZIP, actually.

I opened several other zip files of a similar nature (patches/ipatch/whatever) and extracted a single rpy file and did not get that prompt.

Given the recent instances of malware infected files, this looks a bit suspicious.

Are you certain that your computer is not infected?

Reactions: Brehmoment101
Oct 8, 2023
Your patch zip file is acting rather strange. As in... it might be infected somehow?

I extracted one file, characters.rpy, to Notepad ++ and as soon as the file opened, the ZIP file prompted me with this:

View attachment 3733682

I opened several other zip files of a similar nature (patches/ipatch/whatever) and extracted a single rpy file and did not get that prompt.

Given the recent instances of malware infected files, this looks a bit suspicious.

This would happen because I think you're attempting to unpack the zip by moving individual files. I don't know much computer speak but I don't think this is allowed. You must move the root folder out of the archive, not individuals within it.

My system is clean.

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
This would happen because I think you're attempting to unpack the zip by moving individual files. I don't know much computer speak but I don't think this is allowed. You must move the root folder out of the archive, not individuals within it.

My system is clean.
i 2nd what you said 'cause i didnt get that

Reactions: binglebangles

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020

My system is clean.
Opening individual files to view them is something I have done for ages with no such behavior, with WinRAR, WinZip, and 7zip.

I absolutely should NOT be prompted to add or replace files in the zip simply by opening a single file.

I'll do a full system scan on my end but there's something unique to this ipatch zip file, something that should not be happening. Not calling you out, but something is not right.

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
The filehoster count the sizes different. Mega, Workupload, Mediafire have a lower size, Pixeldrain and I think Gofile a higher one. When you download them they should be the same.
Probably one using metric numbering, aka 1k = 1000, while data is 1k = 1024. That diff adds up when ppl treat the prefixes as if they're metric. Especially when you get to gigs.

Reactions: KoGa3

FreakyStyle

Mar 22, 2019
Opening individual files to view them is something I have done for ages with no such behavior, with WinRAR, WinZip, and 7zip.

I absolutely should NOT be prompted to add or replace files in the zip simply by opening a single file.

I'll do a full system scan on my end but there's something unique to this ipatch zip file, something that should not be happening. Not calling you out, but something is not right.
you can see here the file is clean. only 1 hit that is 100% a false poitive...

edit: i also dont experience any problems when opening the files inside the zip like you have. maybe its just a problem on your end.

Last edited:

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
What happened to everyones age? I remember you could input Suzie's age and set that way age for other girls, is that removed? Because now club dialogue with Georgia doesn't make any sense.
Hi
You could also try using the 0x52_URM tool to edit ages, etc. Right click and save this file and drop it into your game folder. Run your game and hit ALT M together to bring up the tools interface. Enter the persons name in the search bar, change the age and click on remember. (I haven't done this with this title, but that is usually how it works using URM tool.)

Regards.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ToXical

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
My system is clean.
i 2nd what you said 'cause i didnt get that
you can see here the file is clean. only 1 hit that is 100% a false poitive...

edit: i also dont experience any problems when opening the files inside the zip like you have. maybe its just a problem on your end.
What has been the behavior of the malware here and other sites lately?

It does not get detected on a scan, because the malware is not in the file(s). The malware gets downloaded when you run the game. So you can scan zip files for malware all day and not catch it because it's not there in the files; it's downloaded later.

If someone has both WinRAR and Notepad++, please try this yourself. If you do not get prompted, then the problem is on my end somehow (though I can't for the life of me see how). If you do get the same behavior, though...

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
i tested it with 7zip and winrar and notepad++ no problems on my side
Then I am baffled.

This raises alarm bells, but I have ZoneAlarm Pro so if something tries to get outbound access to download crap, that will (or should) catch it.

motoxer

Jul 25, 2017

View attachment 3733682

I looked at the rpy files individually and found nothing. winrar acted normal for me. playing the (patched) game acted normal (didnt try to connect to internet)

if you decrypt the game, the original, unpatched rpy file also pops up as false positive
\game\days\dayone.rpy

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
I'm using (paid) Malware Bytes and (paid) ZoneAlarm Pro. Nothing was detected by MWB, and I haven't run anything since seeing this behavior.

Those of you who do know how to dig further... I see a "pythonw.exe" file in ./lib/py3-windows-x86_64/ that is only 30k in size, but in other recent games that file is 105kb. Is that normal?

I do remember... something... about the downloader for the malware, being related to that location.

4.40 star(s) 36 Votes