VN Ren'Py The Accidental Master [v0.4.6-RC1] [Network 34 Games]

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
I'm about 1.5 scenes away from completion of chapter 2. of course there will be the obligatory round of play testing before any sort of release and I think i was being a little bit TOO optimistic with my estimate of 3-4 months (computer says no...) I'm honestly hoping for mid to end of May at this point.
We'll be waiting patiently. Good luck!

Network 34 Games

Developer of The Accidental Master
Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
For those waiting on an update...

Chapter 2 is currently in the coding process and I hope for a general release very shortly. My coding guy has been dealing with Real life things. Chapter 3 is already in production and I am already 3 scenes completed (of a total 12-ishhhh).

I recently added a second graphics card (so now running 2 x 1050ti) yeah not a lot I know, but it has sped things up considerably. hopefully no more having to make you guys wait for over half a year for updates.

Network 34 Games

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
Chapter 2 is about to go live. I have decided to leave Chapter one as it is (and it IS TERRIBLE) as a testament to my failure and to remind me to strive to do better.

OK, now with all that inspirational shit out of the way. And Chapter 3 already half way through production. I'll leave it with you guys, and hope you enjoy it!

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
Chapter 2 is about to go live. I have decided to leave Chapter one as it is (and it IS TERRIBLE) as a testament to my failure and to remind me to strive to do better.

OK, now with all that inspirational shit out of the way. And Chapter 3 already half way through production. I'll leave it with you guys, and hope you enjoy it!
Hey Network 34 Games,
I don't know if you mean code-wise or story-wise. I replayed the first part a few weeks ago because I couldn't remember what the game was about. For me, the first chapter was good and I liked the character of the neighbor and the relationship mc and she had and I had as much fun playing it again as I had the first time. If you think your newer work is better that is Awesome and that you are willing to let the first chapter stay at it is a good sign, for me at least. I know that it itches to make everything as perfect as possible, but perfection should be a way and not a destination and if everything has to be perfect, perfect is more often than not the killer of good.

Network 34 Games

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
Well, the way I looked at it. some of the renders were shocking to say the least. I plan to leave them as they are though as this game will also serve me personally as a journal of sorts to see how I improve over time.

Adding a second graphics card has helped no end as well. Chapter 3 is already well under way and at this point about half completed, so hopefully it'll mean updates more frequently than every 8 or 9 months.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
Well, the way I looked at it. some of the renders were shocking to say the least. I plan to leave them as they are though as this game will also serve me personally as a journal of sorts to see how I improve over time.

Adding a second graphics card has helped no end as well. Chapter 3 is already well under way and at this point about half completed, so hopefully it'll mean updates more frequently than every 8 or 9 months.
many works start graphically weak and got better over time which is natural when you are still learning how the tools work. Hardware is also a serious limitation for many people in the beginning so that's expected. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Better a game with horrendous looks (not yours ;) ) and a good story, then a game with the best graphics but a story that makes you fall asleep in front of your monitor.

Network 34 Games

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
Chapter 3 is where you'll see the real improvements. That was when the second card went in.

Reactions: BruceCM

Deadmanvs1

Apr 5, 2019
I'd hope, otherwise waste of an 18yo daughter, but no tag yet, so maybe it's not in game yet but eventually planned? If only she was 12 instead like in Parental Love.
and then he couldn't have the game on most sites. They are going after games with minors and PL is a hot mess.

Network 34 Games

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
If a daughter is crushing on her old man, but never acts on it. it would STILL deserve the incest tag. At the moment. let's go with a similar explanation yeah?

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
Fingers crossed my story can carry it.
Played the second chapter now and i liked it. Tasha and Shayna are awesome together. The part with Ashley was great, a bit dark but great, the principal was a really nice character too. So atleast for me the story carrys just fine.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
The Accidental Master [v0.2.3] [Network 34 Games]

COMPRESSED PC/MAC:

SIZE ~ 276 MB

- -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Thanks! I have added that to the main post.
I even tried to make a version for Android, but I didn't have success with the version of RenPy 8.0... I tried with the version 8.1, I managed to build the package, but when I went to do the tests, it presented errors on the first screens. I'm still studying Android 8.

Network 34 Games

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
I even tried to make a version for Android, but I didn't have success with the version of RenPy 8.0... I tried with the version 8.1, I managed to build the package, but when I went to do the tests, it presented errors on the first screens. I'm still studying Android 8.
Yeah, From my understanding Jim had a similar issue. I don't do the coding, so can only take your word on it.. We tried but couldn't figure it out.

Reactions: giqui
3.20 star(s) 5 Votes