SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
:sleep::sleep:
It's a bit tiresome reading all those comments about the patch, "bending the knee" (I cringe every time I read that), how a cash grab I am and so on. I won't get into much detail, because it has been discussed so many times.

I did what I thought was best for those that play my game and chose to make the changes patreon asked me to do.
Here's why:
the money from patreon goes into a couple of things:
-assets from the store (yes you can pirate those, but I think they deserve every penny for it.)
-voice over actresses (price is about 0.20 per word, it varies) -> you can argue that you don't need that, but tell that to those that post me everyday a message and ask when the voice over patch comes. And I personally love voice over in games, so I stick with it no matter what you say, you can always turn them off anyway...
-computer parts (rarely)
-paying editor for my texts/dialogues
-most importantly: Time, time I can spend on devolping the game so I can work full time on it instead of having a normal job and working on it in my free time

Now if I'd give patreon the middle finger, they'd just throw me out, ok, cool, so I'd go to subscribestar, right? Easy solution.

Wrong. Unless you're like a really big dev, mr dots for example. I don't think that you have a big chance on subscribestar as you'd have on patreon. It's been proven many times and there has been many posts about it. Even here on the forum itself.
I also have a subscribestar account for a side project to test the waters and it's nowhere close to patreon.
Just take a look at devs that publish their work both on patreon and subscribestar and tell me that I'm wrong.

So if I'd choose to go all in to subscribestar it would take a while to get where I'm now and the development process would definitely take a hit aswell and I don't think that's in favor for those that play the game.

Besides all that, I already made a post that I'll make an awakening unrated version anyway on subscribestar, so I don't understand what the big deal is.

Right now I'm just a bit tired to be honest, been working on it since 2017 and barely took a day off. But I'll make it at some point. I'm just a human too and not a machine that prints render after render every day.(Though to be honest it really feels like it lately.)

I hope this clears things up a bit. And it's not like things won't change, things always change. Maybe things will shift towards subscribestar and we all can make uncensored adult content, I'd love to see that change, but right now, this is what I thought was best for the game.

Really tired writing this, also did probably a mediocre job at what I'm trying to say, but hopefully you get the idea.
I rather want to see posts about the game itself rather than this crap to be honest. (

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
As to him making money from it and whether the fear of losing his income should give him pause for thought...
The money he must have spent on hardware must have been intense, then there is the money he clearly spent on buying outfits, models, locations etc, not to mention paying voice actors to add some real depth to the game

I see no shame in him "bending the knee" to Patreon in this case to protect his revenue stream. And remember this isnt Patreon's call either, they are being bullied by the major credit card providers and paypal etc who are in turn being bullied by government agencies, it is they that lay out guidelines on what they will allow.

It is a simple enough fix to do an off patreon fix to bring the game back to what it should be, so I don't see any issues, complaining about it will just make us tired and nothing will change in the end, it is what it is

pldmdfan325

Oct 27, 2017
SLim_Games I love the game! I think it is going great.

I know that you had the change the game between the prologue and now, but that scene at the park blew me away. Any chance that that scene, or something similar will be coming back into the game?

I go back and play the prologue to watch that scene, I think it was very well done.

Thank you for the time and effort you put into this game. The people complaining and upset because it requires us to take an extra step, but I completely understand why you did what patreon asked.

Reactions: SLim_Games

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
SLim_Games I love the game! I think it is going great.

I know that you had the change the game between the prologue and now, but that scene at the park blew me away. Any chance that that scene, or something similar will be coming back into the game?

I go back and play the prologue to watch that scene, I think it was very well done.

Thank you for the time and effort you put into this game. The people complaining and upset because it requires us to take an extra step, but I completely understand why you did what patreon asked.
yeah I'll rework the prologue into the game at some point and try to keep it as close to the prologue as possible.
thanks for your interest and playing <3

Chucke1992

Jun 11, 2017
Playing the prologue I kinda did not get - so what are the relations between landlord MC and roomate?

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
For people still struggling with secrets, I think my v0.3 guide is still up to date. You didn't add any more secrets with the Linda update, right SLim? Sorry, I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

I've updated my hidden image guide. I still don't think it's necessary yet but people seemed to get some use out of the previous version. I've greyed out the images except for the object and the circle highlighting the object in an attempt to make it more visible, hopefully, this will be helpful on busy screens such as at the club.

Hidden Image Guide v0.3 : - -

14 hidden objects unlock 15/15 secret gallery images.

Reactions: ThL

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
Hello SLim_Games,
I just played this game and I am amazed at the quality of the animations and also the voices. The see-through trick is a great combination with the voice overs, so that you can watch "intensively" while listening to the dialogue, and don't have to read the text.
The only thing that bothered me a bit is the feeling of closed world that I got while playing the game. Let me explain myself. There is no other interaction between the MC and the main characters other than the main quest. I would expect small interactions, like idle chat in-between or after completion sequences. It could be simple things like talking to the roommate at school would lead to a "come on you'll be late, take your seat" or at home leading to a "i have homework to do, please come back later" or "I'm preparing dinner, I'll call you when it's ready" kind of sentence. That would allow characters to be present in the rooms even if there are no events with them, and making the place less empty.
It would cost nothing in terms of rendering because you could reuse existing ones, however there would be some voice-over costs of course if you want to add some to theses elements too.

I wasn't too surprised at the change of style to name the characters and the kind of lockdown of the relationships between the prologue and the rest of the game because of what happened at Patreon, and it took me a couple of minutes to change it back to my liking. However not being a Python pro I wonder if someone could provide a patch to change the character relationships or maybe in a future version using some persistent variables for that that would be easy to change.

Lemslemons

Oct 26, 2018
I typically don't post much, I am happily set in my lurking perch, reading the forums. But I have to say SLim_Games this is one of the best games on the site. Like the characters, the execution. People will always find something to complain about, but I can only imagine what goes into development. Do what you need to do, half the people complaining didn't even pay for it. You taking the time to respond even says a lot. Keep up the good work. There really isn't anything like this when compared to other games.

BTW the MC cameo had me LMAO.

Xyzzy

Jan 24, 2018
click on the Large coffee, you WONT see it on the middle section, then add/click the sugar and milk, should see them in the middle window and now press done or serve or what ever it said and done! if that's not happening then report to DEV can be a bug..
That worked. Thanks!

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
I guess I'm to soon playing this game. Sound, Voice Over, advance rendering, lot's of chick ... ambitious ... I'll be back after 1 or 2 years. Goodluck Slim.

John Smithers

Apr 27, 2017
I guess I'm to soon playing this game. Sound, Voice Over, advance rendering, lot's of chick ... ambitious ... I'll be back after 1 or 2 years. Goodluck Slim.
Yeah the game is great, and has beautiful animations. But it seems this game has been out for a WHILE, and seeing as there's been a Christmas and Beach episode, the dev is withholding sex with mom and sister on purpose to milk patrons

3.90 star(s) 117 Votes