MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
Thank you for the answer. One question, is there any easy tutorial on Renpy's language? Opening the file with a txt editor makes it seem it is pretty simple. In case I want to do experiments of my own.
Your welcome and I don't know myself I'm sure online there will be tonnes of tutorials on the language but I use Atom and I have dabbled in some of the code of many games to patch, find out secrets, fix some bugs, change paths to have two things happen if there is a choice e.t.c, however I wouln't say I was advanced in Python but I have programmed before in my teens HTML, Visual Basic and abit of C++ but I can't remember most of it since I've not programmed in so long but the code on most games has been easy to pick up except for some of the more advanced and expert stuff and some of the basic lol.

Dayn

Apr 9, 2018
Only if you fuck up your choices with the characters.
So then at least half of the back story and premise of the game are meaningless? In practical terms it's no different than if the MC was just a horny guy who wanted to fuck all the girls. The fairy and everything else is superfluous nonsense.

That's some impressively bad story writing.

Reactions: mikel8519

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
So then at least half of the back story and premise of the game are meaningless? In practical terms it's no different than if the MC was just a horny guy who wanted to fuck all the girls. The fairy and everything else is superfluous nonsense.

That's some impressively bad story writing.
Maybe I was a little too extreme I meant if you mess up for for example you if you make a wrong choice as to progress the story you need to do things e.g. talking to Linda if you tell her to abandon Susan and the Café she will get angry and slap you then you can use your corruption powers to sort of wipe her memory and she won't remember you said that then your only option is to offer help.

Basically it's to help progress the story line without having to load or roll back but it does warn you each time you corrupt someone you too will also get corrupted but if you choose the right options and get the pink love bar to full you don't need to use your powers.

The fairy is part of the story as you still need to give her love power to help her plus if it wasn't for her you would not have survived the crash of course you was in a coma and alot of the back story isn't meaningless like with the Sister love backstory, Linda backstory about what happened in the toilets and Jim with what he did to you all matter in this game so I wouldn't say it was bad story writing as there are reasons for the characters being the way they are.

mikel8519

May 11, 2020
Even after update MC is still "not brave enough ..." :( . Now he's even less brave then before. He become mediocre goody two-shoes, passive and fragile, started talking like he really like some girl ...unlike others lol, like seriously what happened? What happened with giving players choice to do good or bad so whatever happened was players responsibility? Give players back the power to make as they pleased - like it was in first part where you could be taken by police and thrown to prison - end of story, although there were some promises of development. There was supposed to be option to be ass hole and egoist...selfish and now we got nothing. Kinda disappointing change...

Last edited:

Dayn

Apr 9, 2018
Basically it's to help progress the story line without having to load or roll back but it does warn you each time you corrupt someone you too will also get corrupted but if you choose the right options and get the pink love bar to full you don't need to use your powers.
This is the point though. It's no different than a reloaded save, and corruption does nothing. It has no actual effect gameplay or storywise that's not already there naturally. The fairy is just being used as a Deus Ex Machina for fuck ups who want to act like they aren't save-scumming.

The fairy is part of the story as you still need to give her love power to help her plus if it wasn't for her you would not have survived the crash of course you was in a coma and alot of the back story isn't meaningless like with the Sister love backstory, Linda backstory about what happened in the toilets and Jim with what he did to you all matter in this game so I wouldn't say it was bad story writing as there are reasons for the characters being the way they are.
The fairy is a useless part of the story. That's what makes it bad writing. You get no powers from her, the fairy does nothing to advance the story, nor adds anything to the gameplay. If you remove the fairy and the mystical elements then nothing about the story actually changes. The MC can still have been in an accident and a coma (he just didn't die) and all of the relationships with the girls remain unchanged because the fairy had nothing to do with them in the first place. The fairies only contribution is to occasionally bitch at you to hurry up about getting romantic with the girls, which is what you were doing anyways.

The need for love energy to live doesn't matter since you don't actually die or experience any problems in the game because of a lack of it, and the MC certainly isn't in any hurry to get it. He just plods along and lives his life normally with no obvious motivation. Hence the fairiy's constant bitching at you and his whining about not wanting to use these girls.

A decent story would use such a thing to push the character into considering using less ethical methods to get what he needs. He could try to woo the girls legitimately, or he could use his powers to make them give it up. or simply rape them and force it from them. Using his desperation to stay alive as a motivation for possibly having to make some hard, immoral choices. In this game, like with all of the mystic elements, it's just there to be there.

This is what makes all of the fairy/mystical stuff bad writing. Good writing should never have empty plot devices like this. Especially ones so prominent in the backstory. These things should actually feature very prominently in the story events and gameplay with how they are set up. But nothing is done with them.

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
This is the point though. It's no different than a reloaded save, and corruption does nothing. It has no actual effect gameplay or storywise that's not already there naturally. The fairy is just being used as a Deus Ex Machina for fuck ups who want to act like they aren't save-scumming.

The fairy is a useless part of the story. That's what makes it bad writing. You get no powers from her, the fairy does nothing to advance the story, nor adds anything to the gameplay. If you remove the fairy and the mystical elements then nothing about the story actually changes. The MC can still have been in an accident and a coma (he just didn't die) and all of the relationships with the girls remain unchanged because the fairy had nothing to do with them in the first place. The fairies only contribution is to occasionally bitch at you to hurry up about getting romantic with the girls, which is what you were doing anyways.

The need for love energy to live doesn't matter since you don't actually die or experience any problems in the game because of a lack of it, and the MC certainly isn't in any hurry to get it. He just plods along and lives his life normally with no obvious motivation. Hence the fairiy's constant bitching at you and his whining about not wanting to use these girls.

A decent story would use such a thing to push the character into considering using less ethical methods to get what he needs. He could try to woo the girls legitimately, or he could use his powers to make them give it up. or simply rape them and force it from them. Using his desperation to stay alive as a motivation for possibly having to make some hard, immoral choices. In this game, like with all of the mystic elements, it's just there to be there.

This is what makes all of the fairy/mystical stuff bad writing. Good writing should never have empty plot devices like this. Especially ones so prominent in the backstory. These things should actually feature very prominently in the story events and gameplay with how they are set up. But nothing is done with them.
You have valid points but in my opinion I have to disagree since it's a different story compared to most other VN's/Games on here like it since most have how you put it "A horny guy" this is something different and unique of course you are entitled to your opinion as you are yours but if you don't enjoy this game then you don't, I for one enjoy this game and it's story.

You get your corruption powers from the fairy so your statement about not getting powers from her is wrong plus the points about wowing them legitimately still happen if you do the right choices meaning there are two ways to play the right way and the immoral way.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Your welcome and I don't know myself I'm sure online there will be tonnes of tutorials on the language but I use Atom and I have dabbled in some of the code of many games to patch, find out secrets, fix some bugs, change paths to have two things happen if there is a choice e.t.c, however I wouln't say I was advanced in Python but I have programmed before in my teens HTML, Visual Basic and abit of C++ but I can't remember most of it since I've not programmed in so long but the code on most games has been easy to pick up except for some of the more advanced and expert stuff and some of the basic lol.
Thank you for the answer. I also don't want to do anything extreme (yet), mostly doing my own character patches like incest ones. But if I gather time who knows, maybe I'll try something else.

Reactions: MOAR Cowbell

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
Thank you for the answer. I also don't want to do anything extreme (yet), mostly doing my own character patches like incest ones. But if I gather time who knows, maybe I'll try something else.
Your welcome and have fun and like I said it's quite straight forward once you've played a bit in the code of games just each dev/dev team codes differently and always save a copy of that .rpy file somewhere before you edit it just in case you mess up or just want everything to go back to the vanilla version, it also helps to do that if you like me change the dialogue to say something silly and want to go back to the original.

Jaun Karr

Mar 2, 2019

I agree that the fairy part of the story is greatly under-utilized, but she does give us the x-ray vision to perv with, regardless of how useful you find it to be.

Reactions: MOAR Cowbell

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Question do I really need the prologue to understand the game can I not just play the base game
Not really as long as you understand...
1) you were in a car accident and ended up in a coma for 2 years

2) you should've died but was saved by a "love" fairy.

3) you need "love energy" to stay alive and fairy gave you powers to "seduce" women.

4) you have amnesia and don't remember your past.

Reactions: shadowr19

shadowr19

Apr 8, 2020
Not really as long as you understand...
1) you were in a car accident and ended up in a coma for 2 years

2) you should've died but was saved by a "love" fairy.

3) you need "love energy" to stay alive and fairy gave you powers to "seduce" women.

4) you have amnesia and don't remember your past.
ok thx

3.90 star(s) 118 Votes