Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
There are several versions to download. The prologue, 4.0c and the current version. From the changelog the game has quite a bit of content, but the size doesn't seem to reflect that.
Apart from the prologue, do I need to DL 4.0c and the current version and play them both or is there a separate download because there is a beta version?

indria

Mar 5, 2017
Patreon should have enforced goals, like Kickstarter, to enforce deadlines and thus remove milking out of the equation.

As it stands, there is 0 incentive for people to do what they said they would do, since apparently 99% of all patreon suscribers ever don't care about gross direction shifts like this and will keep paying as long as they see the lights are on.
The problem is that this benefits Patreon as well, so I doubt anything will change out of their initiative.
They wont because Patreon and Kickstarter have different objectives. Kickstarter is a project funding site, Patreon is a membership site. They serve different purposes.

As far as milking goes, you have to remember that on Patreon you give money to the creator regardless of their projects if they have that is. There are many Patreons that dont have a project but use the site as a donations page.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
I am a bit confused about the "beta".
The main question I've got is "is the prologue remake REALLY necessary, and needed right now?"
And the other question is "will that other girl" be the remake of the sister? If so, WHY? She was fine the way she looked before.

kewl smut

Oct 21, 2017
There was a lot of links so I am unsure. In what order do I need to play if I wanted to start from the beginning?

LexArma

Jun 2, 2019
I'm confused. So apparently 0.4.1 ends fairly abruptly once you get out of the hospital,
0.4.0 changelog has characters you never even get to see in 0.4.1, and then there's supposed to be a prologue separate from the game? What is up with this versioning scheme? Or do I just need more coffee?

BurnerBanner

Apr 12, 2021
I'm confused. So apparently 0.4.1 ends fairly abruptly once you get out of the hospital,
0.4.0 changelog has characters you never even get to see in 0.4.1, and then there's supposed to be a prologue separate from the game? What is up with this versioning scheme? Or do I just need more coffee?
Play 0.4.1 then version 0.4.0
I think he reimagining games with better graphics.

Reactions: Guz89 and LexArma

Mr.Blackwell

Dec 27, 2019
I keep getting a error when I tried to install the walkthrough mod for v0.4.1 Beta Up 1:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 207, in script call
call _gl_test
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 390, in script
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 390, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 317, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 342, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
Exception: Unknown layer u'over_screens'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 652, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2248, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 390, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 317, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 342, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3501, in interact_core
renpy.display.screen.show_overlay_screens(suppress_overlay)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 1410, in show_overlay_screens
if get_screen(i) is not None:
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 1055, in get_screen
sd = sl.get_displayable_by_tag(layer, tag)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 1487, in get_displayable_by_tag
raise Exception("Unknown layer %r." % layer)
Exception: Unknown layer u'over_screens'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.9.2142
Wed Feb 2 09:40:28 2022

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
this update broke the entire game lol
all images is missing, start a new game and every scene is black with red text saying missing images

noit even the gallery scenes work, missing images

anyone got the old version download link? at least then you could load older scenes

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
I am a bit confused about the "beta".
The main question I've got is "is the prologue remake REALLY necessary, and needed right now?"
And the other question is "will that other girl" be the remake of the sister? If so, WHY? She was fine the way she looked before.
Remaking the prologue has always been the plan, SLim has never made a secret of this. It often appears on the Patreon polls for which content will be prioritized and yes it does always lose out to "new" content, which is why I believe it's getting done now. If SLim doesn't just make an executive decision and just do it it'll never get done.

Is it necessary? I personally believe so.
The original prologue was a learning experience for SLim and involved some of the earliest content he'd made, as his abilities and skills grew he realised he could do better. The new form of the game that was made is a reflection of that. During the change, some major inconsistencies have occurred between the prologue and the current version, the main one being that characters simply no longer look like how they did which has been the cause of a lot of contention in the past, but other things such as the living situation are also the cause of some issues. There is no way MC could have tried climbing in through the bathroom window when first returning home in the new version since the game has switched from a single floor detached house to an apartment that isn't situated on the ground floor, and MC hearing the neighbours from his bed is more likely if he shares a wall with them than if they're a building away (though I could believe a particularly loud argument could still be heard, open windows etc.).
Having inconsistencies that mean certain things couldn't have or likely didn't happen means that knowing what parts of the prologue are canon difficult to get a grasp of.

As well as the inconsistencies, new players are frequently confused by the existence of a separate prologue, especially since it has its own version number. There are still examples of this right here on these last few pages. Many new players don't realise there is a prologue, others don't know if they need to play it or not and then there are those that aren't sure if they need to play it first or can go back to it.
Once the prologue has been rebuilt into the current game the original prologue can be ignored, eliminating a lot of confusion, and simply just kept for prosperity's sake if anyone cares.

As for the "sister" she hasn't changed. The game has let us know that she's isn't a natural blonde. There have been flashbacks of her as a child with dark hair, the flashes of her as a brunette during this first part of the remade prologue is her from at least 2 years ago. She likely hadn't begun dying her hair regularly yet.

not the point,still milking those who do pay.:confused:
Patreon is a support platform, not a store, creators aren't actually obligated to provide anything at all. If a patron feels like they aren't getting what they pay for then it is their own responsibility to cancel their support. Game development isn't a quick process, months between updates is common, but if you don't like supporting a dev in the times between updates then don't. It's really that simple.
As far as what other people do with their money, that's their business.

Throwing the word "milking" around here feels off though too, SLim has been pretty consistent with quality and timely releases so I don't understand why it's a topic in this thread. I've been tossing a few bucks at this game for a long time and I've never felt like my money wasn't helping this game, SLim pays for music, pays a writer, pays voice actors, buys assets etc. If he didn't then the overall quality wouldn't be this high, we'd just get pretty pictures.

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
all images is missing, start a new game and every scene is black with red text saying missing images

anyone got the old version download link? at least then you could load older scenes
The new update is the first part of a rework of the beginning of the game (the prologue that's been separate since forever), you need to start a new game to see it. I don't even think the rest of the game is in the new prologue beta since there's still a chunk to fill in.
I see you say you started a new game though. Works fine for me. What platform are you playing?

BDI

May 23, 2017

Page 1, click on the spoiler under v4.0c

3.90 star(s) 117 Votes