Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
Not sure if time and effort spent on mom talking and pulling out the phone animations is worth it. Maybe if not for them then we would actually got to see full bathroom scene in this update.

Reactions: mario1994

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
Game crashes in the school bathroom for me:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
error: Out of memory

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpyc", line 4006, in script call
��\�l"p�nzO'(��8v������u�9Uta���;DzH6�M�"E��J1�fwa7Yg��]e���{�(�*6��@TT�~w��ʹ{����7gf��2�I�N�n��1��:+�1�ӰfK{Rz���8���9���$�=)�� ���
File "game/script.rpyc", line 7104, in script
File "C:\Users\trevor\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\the Awakening\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1337, in execute
renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
File "C:\Users\trevor\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\the Awakening\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1413, in with_statement
return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
File "C:\Users\trevor\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\the Awakening\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2193, in do_with
clear=clear)
File "C:\Users\trevor\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\the Awakening\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2635, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\trevor\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\the Awakening\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3118, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\trevor\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\the Awakening\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2041, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\trevor\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\the Awakening\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\trevor\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\the Awakening\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 85, in render
return null_render(self, width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\trevor\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\the Awakening\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 59, in null_render
st, at)
File "C:\Users\trevor\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\the Awakening\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
File "accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "C:\Users\trevor\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\the Awakening\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\motion.py", line 177, in render
child = render(self.child, width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\trevor\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\the Awakening\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 414, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\trevor\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\the Awakening\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 229, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "C:\Users\trevor\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\the Awakening\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1819, in render
layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, splits_from=virtual_layout)
File "C:\Users\trevor\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\the Awakening\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 751, in __init__
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.surface((sw + o, sh + o), True)
File "C:\Users\trevor\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\the Awakening\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 116, in surface
surf = Surface((width + 4, height + 4), 0, sample)
File "src/pygame_sdl2/surface.pyx", line 164, in pygame_sdl2.surface.Surface.__init__ (gen\pygame_sdl2.surface.c:2738)
error: Out of memory

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347

Mon Jun 11 21:26:00 2018
Hah, I thought this might happen ;)
I was testing around with the idle animations but they are very long like 120+ frames? So in order that renpy loads them instantly I increased the ram size. Since I have 32gb of ram I didn't notice anything.. so I didn't really check if it's at an exceptable value. I will look into it, thank you :)
btw: how much ram do you have?

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
First of all thank YOU for providing entertainment for low - if a little 'review' helps you and/or motivates you, this will only benefit the game (which will in turn benefit me/us). So .. yeah. ^^"

Well, as I said, i liked the voice acting here, so i'd even keep the sound tuned up. If you plan to have more or even all chars voiced, it wouldn't feel weird at all. Really looking forward to see if you can pull it off since i know that for some devs, VA is a really difficult topic. Lot want it, few can afford it (or don't want to ask friends for eh .. obvious reasons ^^"), and if you (general you, not you-you) half-ass it, it just takes away ressources better spend elsewhere.

28gb - dayum. Well, there are three obvious ways to go: Blurry the fuck out of the unimportant NPCs if possible. Create just one-two renders with more characters and then avoid the totale. Or let the teacher drop a line about a really nasty virus going around, heh. ;)

About the spoiler - doubledayum. Way to tease for the stuff to come...

Oh, na dann noch viel Erfolg und liebe Grüße aus der anderen Republik! =)
Ich frag mich wie viele deutsch sprechende spieler das game zocken ^^. Hab schon einige gesehen.

I will definitely add voice lines for all the characters -> that is if the majority actually likes them. I will make a poll after the public release. It's not really expensive actually. The voice actor I'm currently "using" reads 300 words for 5€ ;)
My only concern is that my writing is probably the biggest weakness of the game.. maybe I can find someone to proofread my stuff and make it better textwise.

Atchafalaya

Aug 13, 2017
@SLim_Games Just wanted to take a second to congrat you on the animations. Most daz3d games I see just provide flip-book animations. It was a nice surprise to watch quality ones for once.

Le Taz

Master Of Baguettes
Modder
Donor
Mar 28, 2018
A bit short but nice.
Too bad the bathroom trap is such obvious and the MC so naive even after he talked about the bullies with his roomate/sis

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
@SLim_Games keep the voice on younger sister sounds very sexy becausse off that now you need to give the older sister some voice becausse latre you see her mouth moving but no voice

you sayd spoiler whit MC looses his Virginity but by who i wonder.
i whould love to see it happening whit younger sister first

Jun 27, 2017
I feel really sorry for protagonist
Version looks ok but extremely short if I wasn't so lazy i would post Joker with sign "Why so short" xd
Wait for next version

Oemwan

Aug 31, 2017
I respect the fact that this developer is trying to do something different instead of just plainly copying the style of the oh so many other games in this genera, I salute you! I'll definetly check back in some updates cause right now there really isn't enoughe content

trevmac789

Nov 5, 2017
Hah, I thought this might happen ;)
I was testing around with the idle animations but they are very long like 120+ frames? So in order that renpy loads them instantly I increased the ram size. Since I have 32gb of ram I didn't notice anything.. so I didn't really check if it's at an exceptable value. I will look into it, thank you :)
btw: how much ram do you have?

interesting. I have 32GB of DDR3. 3rd generation i7 with 4 cores hyperthreaded and, GTX 970. Windows (winblows) 10 1803

I installed a trial version of photoshop a couple of months ago. it might be consuming memory in the background. I'll check when I get home.

Reactions: SLim_Games

tarkasian

Donor
Aug 15, 2016
hmm, can you post me the error?

Code:

While running game code:
OverflowError: value too large to convert to short

Full traceback:
    ��\�l"p�nzO'(��8v������u�9Uta���;DzH6�M�"E��J1�fwa7Yg��]e���{�(�*6��@TT�~w��ʹ{����7gf��2�I�N�n��1��:+�1�ӰfK{Rz���8���9���$�=)��   ���
  File "game/script.rpyc", line 7099, in script
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1337, in execute
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1413, in with_statement
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2193, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2635, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3118, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2041, in draw_screen
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 85, in render
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 59, in null_render
    st, at)
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\motion.py", line 177, in render
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 414, in render
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 229, in wrap_render
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1819, in render
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 704, in __init__
    textsupport.tweak_glyph_spacing(all_glyphs, lines, target_x - maxx, target_y - y, maxx, y)  # @UndefinedVariable
  File "textsupport.pyx", line 913, in renpy.text.textsupport.tweak_glyph_spacing
  File "textsupport.pxd", line 74, in renpy.text.textsupport.Line.y.__set__

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Tue Jun 12 16:30:23 2018
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
    ��\�l"p�nzO'(��8v������u�9Uta���;DzH6�M�"E��J1�fwa7Yg��]e���{�(�*6��@TT�~w��ʹ{����7gf��2�I�N�n��1��:+�1�ӰfK{Rz���8���9���$�=)��   ���
  File "game/script.rpyc", line 7103, in script
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1337, in execute
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1413, in with_statement
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2193, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2635, in interact
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3118, in interact_core
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2041, in draw_screen
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\motion.py", line 177, in render
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 414, in render
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 229, in wrap_render
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1819, in render
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 704, in __init__
    textsupport.tweak_glyph_spacing(all_glyphs, lines, target_x - maxx, target_y - y, maxx, y)  # @UndefinedVariable

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Tue Jun 12 16:34:57 2018

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpyc", line 7104, in script
    clear=clear)
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 85, in render
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 59, in null_render
    st, at)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Tue Jun 12 16:35:21 2018

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpyc", line 7038, in script
    clear=clear)
  File "D:\BORTTAGET\HENTAI\Ny mapp 01\The Awakening-cha-3\TheAwakening-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 360, in render
    bottom = render(self.old_widget, width, height, st, at)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Tue Jun 12 16:35:31 2018

Seguidilla

Feb 8, 2018
This game looks promising. Haven't tried yet, waiting for Full tested version without bugs. :FeelsGoodMan:

3.90 star(s) 118 Votes