danforce

Jun 10, 2019
Honestly, I think it's more some type of perfectionist mindset. If you're redoing and redoing, that doesn't speak so much to milking or lack of effort as it does to being overly focused on finer details at the sacrifice of the rest of the project. It's obviously possible I'm wrong, but this feels more like simple dissatisfaction with minutia at this point.
Well I do respect your thoughts on that and it could be just that, but I feel your wrong about this. Did you read his last post about being out of the country for 3 weeks? Redoing is the lazy man's excuse. I've seen it in a dozen games on this site. Perfectionism sounds like a positive out, which I doubt this dev possesses, when in fact freezing a month of payment or two or giving a free update to try to delay why nothing is being done is the only thing happening. Like I said, he can delay the whole ICSTOR comparison by doing these little updates and promises. Last time he promised he'd actually work on something of "substance" but again, the main project got sidelined for the nth time. When do you think the last time he's frequented this thread? Might be out of shame or cowardice, maybe a bit of both.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Well I do respect your thoughts on that and it could be just that, but I feel your wrong about this. Did you read his last post about being out of the country for 3 weeks? Redoing is the lazy man's excuse. I've seen it in a dozen games on this site. Perfectionism sounds like a positive out, which I doubt this dev possesses, when in fact freezing a month of payment or two or giving a free update to try to delay why nothing is being done is the only thing happening. Like I said, he can delay the whole ICSTOR comparison by doing these little updates and promises. Last time he promised he'd actually work on something of "substance" but again, the main project got sidelined for the nth time. When do you think the last time he's frequented this thread? Might be out of shame or cowardice, maybe a bit of both.
I know what you describe does happen, but I also know of devs who are perfectionists and who have similar problems making progress in their games. Both types of devs exist, and you might be right about this one. I personally don't believe you are, though. I think they haven't done a good enough job with planning out the game, and I think they are being too picky with getting something perfect the first time. So, agree to disagree.

FatBoizSlim

Jan 10, 2020
I've been anxiously awaiting Grandma's Tits and Ass 6 along with Debbie Does Dubai 3, so that will be exciting.
I've been waiting for Mass Effect and Dead Space remaster and they both came out before this game.

I used to support the developer of this game, but when the delays and excuses started piling up, I canceled my support.
If you ask me, I made the right decision.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I've been waiting for Mass Effect and Dead Space remaster and they both came out before this game.

I used to support the developer of this game, but when the delays and excuses started piling up, I canceled my support.
If you ask me, I made the right decision.
Yeah, I started playing this forever ago and have been firmly disappointed with the lack of progress and reworking of what's already there so far.

skater555

Feb 22, 2021
As always a few days turns to a few weeks, and few weeks turn to a few months, dev is a master of lies at this point, hmm a few months for the merge already gone, wonder what it will contain, probably a few dialogue changes for main game, wow new content

Reactions: danforce

hubvan

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah, I started playing this forever ago and have been firmly disappointed with the lack of progress and reworking of what's already there so far.
Same here. One of the main pitfalls for devs seems to be trying to remodell old game parts. I never get why they do this in the first place because usually nobody asks for this. It's not like 80% of the patreon community would have said "Hey, you should please interrupt progress midway in a game we already like and support and instead start remodelling the game from the beginning." Devs should simply finish the product and start fresh with a new game and a new concept from the beginning. They are literally putting a spoke in their own wheel. Same with lewdlab going on momentarily

hubvan

Jun 23, 2018
As always a few days turns to a few weeks, and few weeks turn to a few months, dev is a master of lies at this point, hmm a few months for the merge already gone, wonder what it will contain, probably a few dialogue changes for main game, wow new content
He is not really lying. Devs who start remodelling their games midway are just incapable of systematic game development.

Dec 15, 2022
He is not really lying. Devs who start remodelling their games midway are just incapable of systematic game development.
He has been working on this for 5 years, maybe over the years he got a few different opinions or ideas about certains things.

Of course highly likely, he didn't think the whole story out from the start.

Or maybe he forgot about certain things and did some things that didn't fit the original.

Who knows, 5 years is a long time, to build something and have the same opinion...

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
I want to give this game a try but I don't know which to download. If the title says The Awakening V0.4.2 Beta Final then why in the downloads does it say v0.4.0c? I want to get the full game that has been finished. I want to play it from the beginning. Do I have to download the prologue as well as the v0.4.0c in order to get the v0.4.2 Beta Final?

Jaun Karr

Mar 2, 2019
Used to be able to name the fairy. For some reason I went with Jinx, and I vaguely remember talk of some who went with Navi (Legend of Zelda)

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Used to be able to name the fairy. For some reason I went with Jinx, and I vaguely remember talk of some who went with Navi (Legend of Zelda)
I don't believe this has been an option for a very long time, though. I can only barely remember the option being there. I think one of the reworkings removed that ability.

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
I want to give this game a try but I don't know which to download. If the title says The Awakening V0.4.2 Beta Final then why in the downloads does it say v0.4.0c? I want to get the full game that has been finished. I want to play it from the beginning. Do I have to download the prologue as well as the v0.4.0c in order to get the v0.4.2 Beta Final?
Anyone Know?

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
Ok now I am a little bit confused. I am playing the prologue and using the walkthrough that is available. Nothing is matching up. The answer choices aren't the same. Is the walkthrough like out dated or something?

3.90 star(s) 117 Votes