micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
Ok now I am a little bit confused. I am playing the prologue and using the walkthrough that is available. Nothing is matching up. The answer choices aren't the same. Is the walkthrough like out dated or something?
wt all of them are made for original prologue and not remake so probably y

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
Hmm... if the guidelines are useless then I'll wait a little longer to play.

danforce

Jun 10, 2019
As always a few days turns to a few weeks, and few weeks turn to a few months, dev is a master of lies at this point, hmm a few months for the merge already gone, wonder what it will contain, probably a few dialogue changes for main game, wow new content
Financially, incrementing small to meaningless updates are how Devs slowly milk it out. When there patreon numbers drop, they hurry to pull out of their pocket something they've been saving for months but not too much that they'd give something reasonable as an update. I really thought he'd drop the new merge last year after literally over a year of practically nothing. But then again, he is talented at wording things and he did say "I don't want to set a date just not to meet it and disappoint you all, I'll just announce it only when I feel sure I can 100% bring it out". That's the same garbage ICSTOR used to spew. Worked for a few months till people actually woke up and wised up about ICSTOR. Seriously, for his next release, I'd bet real money it's nothing that would reach an hour or even half an hour of play time even if you read SUPER slow. Again, anticipation for something you've been waiting for so long and staying on the ship when you are already invested is like having a gun to your head that's not even there.

skater555

Feb 22, 2021
Financially, incrementing small to meaningless updates are how Devs slowly milk it out. When there patreon numbers drop, they hurry to pull out of their pocket something they've been saving for months but not too much that they'd give something reasonable as an update. I really thought he'd drop the new merge last year after literally over a year of practically nothing. But then again, he is talented at wording things and he did say "I don't want to set a date just not to meet it and disappoint you all, I'll just announce it only when I feel sure I can 100% bring it out". That's the same garbage ICSTOR used to spew. Worked for a few months till people actually woke up and wised up about ICSTOR. Seriously, for his next release, I'd bet real money it's nothing that would reach an hour or even half an hour of play time even if you read SUPER slow. Again, anticipation for something you've been waiting for so long and staying on the ship when you are already invested is like having a gun to your head that's not even there.
I agree with you.

His words 1st of october:

I'm sorry again that it took a while, but let's not get discouraged. The rework is finally done and we can focus on bringing out new content FINALLY!

.. that was over 4 months ago now, still not done till this day. :HideThePain:

test7777

Jun 6, 2017
I agree with you.

His words 1st of october:

I'm sorry again that it took a while, but let's not get discouraged. The rework is finally done and we can focus on bringing out new content FINALLY!

.. that was over 4 months ago now, still not done till this day. :HideThePain:
Makes you wonder if there is any dev that isn't scamming/milking at the moment :HideThePain:

Reactions: Jaun Karr

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Probably true, it just feels like nowadays almost noone keeps a consistent release schedule, just delay after delay, causing most updates to feel disappointing considering the long wait.
Yeah, although I would say that it's actually not that easy to get releases completely on time. Delays will naturally come up just by the nature of computers. I work for a dot-com these days and we very often miss deadlines, for various reasons: a fraudster has caused all resources to shift to take care of him; a change in code made causes an unforeseen problem that breaks a bunch of stuff; etc. That obviously gets toned down to a degree with a single application like an AVN, but it's still understandable to me.

It's especially understandable that if a game is being made by one or two people only, if someone gets really sick and hasn't finished their work for the next release. Often with teams, the coder can't render well, the artist can't code well, or similar types of limitations so work can't really be shared. What I don't accept, though, is constant delays without pausing payments, one practically unbelievable excuse after another over and over again, etc. Sometimes the problem is malicious (milking b/c of greed), sometimes it's dissatisfaction (perfectionist about things). But it's still a big problem these days for sure. I get it: people have RL obligations like needing to hold down normal employment and do adult games in their spare time. But continuing to take money without doing anything but delaying is a scummy thing to do.

MrBaddingtonBear

Apr 10, 2022
Probably true, it just feels like nowadays almost noone keeps a consistent release schedule, just delay after delay, causing most updates to feel disappointing considering the long wait.
That's what happens when these devs turn their hobby into a "job". Once it's not just a free time hobby that they do out of joy anymore but rather becomes a chore/obligation to do it so they can pay their bills, these people lose their interest in actually creating them. The best games in this genre are the ones that are made out of pure interest and enjoyment to the creative process, not the ones that are done because they have to so they can get milk from the store. These games usually take their time to get updated, but then they are also really good ones. This one and so many other games here that started around 2018 or earlier and are still going even though at this point they should be already either finished or close to be finished are perfect examples of what happens when there is no longer passion or desire to do it anymore, as its basically just something they have to do rather than something they actually want to do.

No straight hate towards the developer(s), as I have no clue what is going on in their personal life, but this is the pattern I see here.

SweatyDevil

Jan 8, 2022
I'm currently at the prologue, and I'm really curious about one thing. Will the relationship between mom and sister get better at some point or they will stay hostile toward each other?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
One of the developers said on discord "It'll 100% come out this month", so I'm assuming it'll be released around May or June? Not sure
And what, exactly, is "it"? Will that be another tweak to some character's appearance, possibly making them less attractive or something? I guess we'll see.

Reactions: Jaun Karr

LucasR0

Jun 27, 2022
And what, exactly, is "it"? Will that be another tweak to some character's appearance, possibly making them less attractive or something? I guess we'll see.
It's the merger they're working on for about 3 months, it should include both the prologue and main game, some other minor, uninteresting reworks (e.g. new shop background) and a new morality system. Honestly I wouldn't even get excited unless they've got some surprise in store (unlikely), if we get new content this year it'll probably be around Q3 or Q4.

3.90 star(s) 117 Votes