Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
How necessary is the WT mod? Is this AVN relatively intuitive, or seriously serpentine? Looks like the old one allowed you to do things that may now be standard features (naming, relationships). Just downloaded and will not likely get into it until tomorrow or the next day, but interested in feedback.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
How necessary is the WT mod? Is this AVN relatively intuitive, or seriously serpentine? Looks like the old one allowed you to do things that may now be standard features (naming, relationships). Just downloaded and will not likely get into it until tomorrow or the next day, but interested in feedback.
I don't think it's necessary at all. You know when you do the wrong thing as its basically (it is) game over. There is also a red square box in the upper right with a light bulb in it, which is the hints, which basically tells you what is left to do or go etc.

For anything else you might have questions about in game (I haven't found any really where I've gotten lost or needed to cheat) you have URM.

Universal Ren'Py Mod [1.13.2] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

I use that in almost every game I play, even using it on top of other mods.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Echoing a post from earlier (but trying to be more diplomatic about it ;)), this is a bit distracting:

Dialogue.png

Another AVN I play has a similar "customize your relationship and name" set up, but there are some extra variables and these get used in dialogue, and the "name banner" accordingly. They are:

Character name: "Abby"​
MC's Relationship to character: "Step Son"​
Character's relationship to MC: "Step Mother"​
MC calls character: "Mom"​
Character calls MC: "MC Name"​

Of course, that AVN has a nickname for the MC that I've never seen used - just the name I gave him. So that really doesn't need to be an extra variable.

At the very least, it might make the game a better experience if the "use both relationship and name in dialogue" changes to just one or the other. I suspect the whole script might need to be updated, though, and I don't know how many lines that would be or how difficult.

Litvan

Aug 6, 2016
Am I the only one who feels like the immersion in this game is broken, even from early on?

Just started a new game, I opted NOT to exploit the situation with Linda about revealing that she works, yet the next time I talk to her, she claims that I abused the situation to look at her tits, despite not picking that option to begin with....

And don't get me started on that whole messed up scene in the basement of the haunted house with gibberish speech being credited to the wrong persons ect...

Reactions: Aelth

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
any chance for update before v0.4.4 is out?
doubt it before .4.4 nor after it.

Is this AVN relatively intuitive, or seriously serpentine?
well hints help some until they don't (as you can see on my query about end of content), mostly it's just waiting and going to various places (not that there are many on map) to see if something triggers and more waiting until gets text-message to meet some1 (twins or neighbor).

If my simple math is correct :unsure: in about 1 month, this game will hit its 2 year anniversary of the last time it had a meaningful content update.
Can anyone confirm this?...I'm counting 41 days left to reach an ICSTOR level of development.
well i played new prologue and 4.0c before and saw many new content on 4.3b. did i see all? no idea.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
i <3 ur game!
just alittle wish/suggestion... it would be awesome if we could SAVE during XRay ^^
I like to have my files kind of a gallery of naughty and scenery pics :)
idiot.

anyways you can either take normal screenshots and paste those to some image program and save or take screenshots via renpy's built-in screenshotter by pressing s and then enter.

nonname987

Jul 27, 2020
idiot.

anyways you can either take normal screenshots and paste those to some image program and save or take screenshots via renpy's built-in screenshotter by pressing s and then enter.

no reason to be rude dude...
anyway thx for the tip

bigfuckinE

Jul 18, 2022
I can't attend class anymore. After having to go to the library, check out the hot librarian and the book for class, blackmailing Klara (Mrs slut) it won't let me anymore. Everyone time I click attend class it says no class yet. Anyone else run into this issue?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I can't attend class anymore. After having to go to the library, check out the hot librarian and the book for class, blackmailing Klara (Mrs slut) it won't let me anymore. Everyone time I click attend class it says no class yet. Anyone else run into this issue?
if you have spent evening with twins, banged fairy twice and spent time with margaret (before and after following her ex) then i'd say you have reached end of update.

Golden Trump

Jul 8, 2021
See you all at Christmas 2024 2023 when there is finally a meaningful update with some actual story progression and not some useless game merging shit or unasked reworks. Till then let's not call out the dev and his team as they are working really hard for it.

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
I just realised its been at least 2 years since any Nao and Mao content... and they both have incredibly well looking models that are not utilized at all. The halloween spin-off is the closest the MC has been to them and that too was just feet play lol
Vaginal or threesome with them seems like a distant dream:HideThePain:

asdfghblabla

Sep 25, 2019
Just played for the first time and it is a great game :) However it drives me crazy when the text doesn't appear instantly. So I looked at the source of a RenPy game for the first time ever and managed to fix it.

I just edited text.py and replaced this (currently line 989):
Python:
        ts.cps = style.slow_cps
        if ts.cps is None or ts.cps is True:
            ts.cps = renpy.game.preferences.text_cps
With this:
Python:
ts.cps = 0
I could post the file, but it will probably break with the next update, and I have no idea how to do a patch.

Reactions: kojos3000

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
What's with "Secrets" and "Memories"? Is that something that's gone now? I did a search and saw several entries that are several years old that talk about memory and secret counts, but nothing is jumping out at me in the menus.

My play has told me that I've unlocked a bunch of memories and at least one "secret image", but the gallery only shows buttons for "Secrets" and "Replay", and only "Replay" is showing things getting unlocked. I've tried to use the "Scroll" (cursor, arrow key, mouse wheel) and it doesn't do anything. Do you have to have a mod running, or is there a place to put in a password that I'm not seeing?

This AVN is getting confusing.

itsnottme

Mar 31, 2018
How do I remove the name beside the relation for example change Mom (name) to Mom?
Changing text or name using 0x52 is not working.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
How do I remove the name beside the relation for example change Mom (name) to Mom?
Changing text or name using 0x52 is not working.
I just put the name I wanted to display in the "Relationship" box and left the name box empty.

Of course, there is dialogue that uses the relationship box data by itself so you end up with a gap doing that. At least it isn't always displaying "Relationship (Name)" all over the place. It was just getting too distracting.

• Haha
Reactions: Jaun Karr and cxx
3.90 star(s) 118 Votes