xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I guess saying "shit" and "gold coins" is enough to get a few laughs :rolleyes:
No, youre right it was a bit of a dick move, from me, making fun in that way, what in your post came a bit bitter, was the comparsion with Icstor, (more because it is used very often on this site) the dev has a tough stand with his project already, and he started working inmediatly on it, It is true the admision to subscribe star takes a bit or time , but after they usually work to finish their projects.
and you were asking in an inocent way. so sorry for my dumb answer. don't take it too personal. :sneaky:

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Does anyone knows when we will get the full walkthrough mode???
if you mean mod...

banner.png

https://f95zone.to/threads/the-awakening-shawns-walkthrough-improvements-0-4-3b-shawnchapp.157509/

Features:

• This mod adds an in-game walkthrough for every character and story event in the game The walkthrough menu contains dynamic guides that let you track your progress for each character and see the requirements needed to trigger their scenes and advance their story. The mod guides also show all requirements for getting all possible extra dialogue options and seeing all possible extra content during events and scenes.
  • You can now work at the cafe! added the job as an extra way to earn money (unlocks after learning how the coffee machine works)

Improvements:

• Improving the dialogue UI by changing textbox and font added character portraits can be disabled in mod settings
  • Textbox transparency slider
  • Setting "Text Speed" to "0" makes it instant text.
  • Improved relationship setting (now when changing names in the option player will be asked to select displaying name or relationship so when the name pops up it will either say "relationship" or "Name" for Example "Landlady" or "Abby" will show instead of "Landlady (Abby)" (name and relations can be w/e the play wants) and play now can change what "Abby" refers to the lay as instead of the default "tenant"
guides.png nightevents.png improvedui.png slider.png

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
if you mean mod...

View attachment 2569060

https://f95zone.to/threads/the-awakening-shawns-walkthrough-improvements-0-4-3b-shawnchapp.157509/

Features:

• This mod adds an in-game walkthrough for every character and story event in the game The walkthrough menu contains dynamic guides that let you track your progress for each character and see the requirements needed to trigger their scenes and advance their story. The mod guides also show all requirements for getting all possible extra dialogue options and seeing all possible extra content during events and scenes.
  • You can now work at the cafe! added the job as an extra way to earn money (unlocks after learning how the coffee machine works) added the job as an extra way to earn money (unlocks after learning how the coffee machine works)

Improvements:

• Improving the dialogue UI by changing textbox and font added character portraits can be disabled in mod settings
  • Textbox transparency slider
  • Setting "Text Speed" to "0" makes it instant text.
  • Improved relationship setting (now when changing names in the option player will be asked to select displaying name or relationship so when the name pops up it will either say "relationship" or "Name" for Example "Landlady" or "Abby" will show instead of "Landlady (Abby)" (name and relations can be w/e the play wants) and play now can change what "Abby" refers to the lay as instead of the default "tenant"
  • You can now work at the cafe!
View attachment 2569061 View attachment 2569062 View attachment 2569063 View attachment 2569064
Was eagerly awaiting this :coffee:

Reactions: Shawnchapp

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well atm mc doesn't need that much money so other work than post office isn't that needed.

after buying things at the shop 1st time (and those vanishing from inventory) i cheated 9999 bucks to mc's wallet and re-bought things (didn't vanish 2nd time).

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
well atm mc doesn't need that much money so other work than post office isn't that needed.
i know, normaly i add a cheat instead but felt like being creative this time. plus the coffee shop game code was going to waste not being used (plus who knows in the future money might actually be needed.)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
i think i spent ~900 bucks on shop things (2nd time) and dinner with mommy.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
i think i spent ~900 bucks on shop things (2nd time) and dinner with mommy.
Ya cause right now the game is in "easy" mode before most events that require money the game hands you the money right before the scene but i imaguine once the game is fully flushed out free money isn't going to be handed before each event (otherwise the whole money system would be pointless)

Reactions: buktccbfc71

jed999

May 26, 2021
Quick Question; The Dev has obviously never been to America, so will his next project be about how the Germans surrendered their country to the Liberals who then surrendered it to the Muslims ?.

That could be 100x more popular than this 12 year old fantasy theme

Thanks in advance

danforce

Jun 10, 2019
No, youre right it was a bit of a dick move, from me, making fun in that way, what in your post came a bit bitter, was the comparsion with Icstor, (more because it is used very often on this site) the dev has a tough stand with his project already, and he started working inmediatly on it, It is true the admision to subscribe star takes a bit or time , but after they usually work to finish their projects.
and you were asking in an inocent way. so sorry for my dumb answer. don't take it too personal. :sneaky:
I'm past bitter, trust me, I think all I've been on this sub is bitter. Thanks for the clarification, didnt know it worked that way. I usually think getting paid for work is always important(because charity work dont pay bills), but with a few subscribers since his exodus from patreon which entailed a loss in money, I probably thought with the few people subscribing on subscribestar, he'd atleast need to hit a certain amount of people before being able to get going with work.

Reactions: xapican

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Im genuinely curious, when a dev moves to Subscribestar from Patreon(say like ICSTOR), do they usually start working immediately on new content for their game? Or do they wait till they get a certain amount of subscribers before they actually start working on something?

Would depend on the dev honestly... some devs will some won't it really depends on their stat of mind aswell and if they are stickily doing it for money or a hobby. For example if its just hobby they can start working right away because the money is irrelevant BUT they could also not if they are using "subs" as a mean to gauge interests so low subs = less interest so they might want to work on something else

Now when its for money they can go both ways. Starting work right away will show the protential buyers that the dev is actually dedicated to working on the project but waiting for a certain amount one could use the same "argument" as mentioned above (to measure interest) but either hobby or for money, can leave potential buyers to think the dev might actually NOT complete a project if they lose some subs, there is no "right" or "wrong" way to go about its just up to devs personal prefenece and what they are really after in the long run

HOWEVER for the example with ICSTOR switching platform mid devlopment of a project if one doesn't start work right away it will give the impression they are waiting to see if their subs switch and if they don't they'll drop the project (rather or not if that true doesn't really matter its just what it looks like)

3.90 star(s) 118 Votes