VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Best Days of Our Lives [v0.1a] [ERA51]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

IDjeeper

Nov 19, 2020
I find myself watching the Rick Roll video more than playing this game.
I literally watched that video yesterday, as part of remembering my high school days of MTV actually playing music videos and music news all day.
so, as far as the game "teaser" there is a lot of grammatical and spelling errors, some where spell check may have put the wrong word in. Overall not to bad for a "continuation" story, by a new team of hopeful Devs.

good luck, i look forward to where you go with this.

Last edited:

ERA51

The Hitcher
Feb 26, 2022
Already been stated. Not like anyone reads anymore.
Welcome to my world :D So many questions that are answered in the OP already. Yet no one reads it.

The animations were 100x better before the change, what happened?
We made the choice purely because of time. Making one animation at this point would take 150 renders alone. This would take 3 days for 1 animation. We couldn't have released it one month after the teaser update. But as I have mentioned before, there will be animations in the future!

so, as far as the game "teaser" there is a lot of grammatical and spelling errors, some where spell check may have put the wrong word in. Overall not to bad for a "continuation" story, by a new team of hopeful Devs.
Join our discord and share your findings with me, so I can fix it! That would be very helpful!

Direknight

Jul 14, 2017
Yeah, just played this through and it was like I did expect it.
The characters were all there but they were mere empty vessels and nothing like their former selves. The writing was...well...nothing to write about in all honesty. It was just a base to lure all female chars into one possible harem fuckfest.
Were the original release had subtlety and character progression this release just aimes at getting into each and every girls panties as fast as possible with them throwing themselves at you without any rhyme or reason.
Really, this should have been your generic college/university AVN game with new characters instead of ripping everything apart that initially made this a fun game to play.
I felt invested with the original characters and was making decisions only after evaluting all pros and cons and even then it felt hard to let someone down. I don't have a feeling that any decision I do here does matter in any way. I either want one or some or all of the girls and they will go with it no matter what.
Additionally, as has been mentioned before, the drop in quality in regards to renders is steep. It is not only that they look much worse because of bad lighting and poor or no retouching in Photo Shop. It is the general framing, set up of characters and eye for detail that lets this one come out on the cheap looking side.
I'll probably check in some months later down the line to see if there was any rectifying in regards to any of the above (although character and story weigh in most heavily for me personally) or if it went on just like the premise of this supposedly teaser implied.
What a shame as this was a game I really cared about (and was supporting from the get go).

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Ah, I also was wondering if I didnt already saw the title or game already. This version is also named 0.6 version but in the title is 0.1 So it seems this is a completely rework.
It's a continuation. I'm currently playing the original, that way the intro makes more sense and as ERA51 said, it gives more context to the questions asked at the start.

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Alright, I'll explain it once now:
I once applied to be the new writer when the old writer quit, old dev gave me permission to continue the game by myself, so here we are.
Since I couldnt get the old thread to my name, I just requested a new one.

We will start where the v0.5 left off.
The story before is canon to what we are doing.
So that means I have to play the other part too to understand whats going on ?

Edit: Saw your other reply. Seems like the short recap will do.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
dude are you just fucking with us ... give one babe then say hey .. you can have the others also .. just to take the 1st one away .... will that be the way this game is played ... until we go thru them all ???
i was kinda hoping to stay with Sophie ... but i guess thats a big NO :rolleyes:

Reactions: Penfold Mole

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
dude are you just fucking with us ... give one babe then say hey .. you can have the others also .. just to take the 1st one away .... will that be the way this game is played ... until we go thru them all ???
i was kinda hoping to stay with Sophie ... but i guess thats a big NO :rolleyes:
Sophie? Is she the one we can study with at the start of the original game? The blonde?

Reactions: ImperialD

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
its like the dev says .. hey you want her .. yes .... to bad she don't want you ........ fuck
you want someone else .. she wants you ... WTF o_O

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Imho this game has the same problems as the previous version. Too many guys around girls! I play almost exclusively harem games and I don't like this situation, it takes away serenity and joy of playing. Anyway it's just my thought ... Good luck!
But dev. mentioned there wont be anything sus going on, no ntr even. Harem path is there for me and you. And if people just want a single Girl to end he will have it. So whats the problem here ?

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Don't worry you are not the only one.
I didn't play this game because of older dev cuckish ideias and I was going to try it now since it's new dev, will have harem and no NTR but then yeah lost interest with the, they will get bf if this or that so yeah no ty, why would I need to know if they have new bf or not and if are happy or not, if they aren't important to plot i just don't need to see them anymore and if they are important to plot well that are some of the details i don't need to know they just need to do their part and leave, no need to know about private life

You left your opinion now just do like me and move on to find a new game to play buddy.
What im reading here ? Dev said you can have them all, hence harem. If you dont like some girl, then shes out. No sex scenes or whatever will be shown. If you only like one you will have only one. Since its a story driven focused game it make sense that some character will be present in the story, but once again like I said and also the dev. said it himself, it wont be thrown into your face. So whats the problem here ?
TBH, Im happy that it have a harem path now. I remember when I was checking the game out it was exactly the reason why I didnt tried it.

ERA51

The Hitcher
Feb 26, 2022
Wow... well... what?
Alright, where did I take something away?
Example:
You dated Sophia in 0.5 - fine. During 0.1 in the living room you are asked if you want to pursue Vanessa and Emma as well. Emma will come next update.
Vanessa in basement -> Follow through with her advances? That is fine -> Have sex with her. If not - Vanessa path will be closed! That was YOUR choice!
Kitchen with Sophia -> Tell her about it or lie to her about it - your choice (it will matter next update)

Unless someone gives me an example of where we took anything away... show me where!

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes