VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Best Days of Our Lives [v0.1a] [ERA51]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

ERA51

The Hitcher
Feb 26, 2022
Yeah, just played this through and it was like I did expect it.
The characters were all there but they were mere empty vessels and nothing like their former selves. The writing was...well...nothing to write about in all honesty. It was just a base to lure all female chars into one possible harem fuckfest.
Were the original release had subtlety and character progression this release just aimes at getting into each and every girls panties as fast as possible with them throwing themselves at you without any rhyme or reason.
Really, this should have been your generic college/university AVN game with new characters instead of ripping everything apart that initially made this a fun game to play.
I felt invested with the original characters and was making decisions only after evaluting all pros and cons and even then it felt hard to let someone down. I don't have a feeling that any decision I do here does matter in any way. I either want one or some or all of the girls and they will go with it no matter what.
Additionally, as has been mentioned before, the drop in quality in regards to renders is steep. It is not only that they look much worse because of bad lighting and poor or no retouching in Photo Shop. It is the general framing, set up of characters and eye for detail that lets this one come out on the cheap looking side.
I'll probably check in some months later down the line to see if there was any rectifying in regards to any of the above (although character and story weigh in most heavily for me personally) or if it went on just like the premise of this supposedly teaser implied.
What a shame as this was a game I really cared about (and was supporting from the get go).
Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly improving and this update set the tone for the next update ofc. There will be more interaction ofc and there will be more background story to MC. (Something that was not there in 0.5!)
There is much more story coming your way. Sorry you feel that the writing is lacking at this point. I hope you'll give us a try in the future after we've released more updates!

Reactions: ZagorTeNay

bruce555

Sep 7, 2019
But dev. mentioned there wont be anything sus going on, no ntr even. Harem path is there for me and you. And if people just want a single Girl to end he will have it. So whats the problem here ?
IRL if I reject a girl it is normal for her to go with another guy. I know that I don't see any scenes of her, but you understand that she is with that boy. Sorry but it's not my kinda harem.
I prefer games like:
https://f95zone.to/threads/color-of-my-sound-ch-1-finale-v8-gallant-trombe.95142/
https://f95zone.to/threads/name88s-triangle-book-4-part-1-q-n88-3darts.101751/
Good luck to this Dev is at his game, it just isn't for me.

Reactions: rKnight

SneakyNinja

Feb 22, 2021
ERA51 I have one question do I need to choose between Rebecca and Jennifer or can I get both?
Cause in this update you make advances on one of them depends on your choice.
Can I later make advances on the other one?

ERA51

The Hitcher
Feb 26, 2022
ERA51 I have one question do I need to choose between Rebecca and Jennifer or can I get both?
Cause in this update you make advances on one of them depends on your choice.
Can I later make advances on the other one?
There will be a time where you will get the other one too. This was just as a consequence of the choice from 0.5 to be honest.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Still working on the original game and was using the mod. Now I need to remake the folder and go without the mod. Not trying to be disrespectful of the person who made it, but, it fuckin sucks. lol

Cpt_Crunch

Mar 20, 2019
Happy somebody is continuing this story. It's hard to give an opinion on something that's so short for now (which is why I'm not writing a review just yet), but I'll try anyway.

I like that all the OG characters are still there, the fact that the humor is more present, and that it's overall a bit more Cliché. I think that when doing a game like this, where you play student teens discovering the joys of college life, having cliché American-Pie-style events but deep and developed characters is the best way to make for an interesting game, and I like that a lot about this new game.

Sadly, the game's graphics have a much lower quality than the original. I know cranking up the quality would either require a much better rendering PC, or would make for way shorter updates (which I don't want, lol). I just hope at some point the game will generate enough money to fix that issue.

I liked the use of music, there's never enough music in these games, it's often overlooked but so important if you plan on having any depth in your story. I also liked the transitions between scenes. In the original game, I sometimes felt there were not enough transition renders, that the story would skip ahead too much, but I didn't feel that in this game.

I don't really like that the mansion is the same mansion as the one from another game of the same genre that I won't name. It's a very famous and popular game too. I get that finding assets for a decent price might be hard, but at least not have assets that are the same as those from very popular games of the same genre would be great for the immersion.

I like the addition of the phone, it generally really help with the immersion, and it's a nice way of having some variety of content + it helps making the game less linear, which is great. That said, navigating the phone is a bit of a pain when you don't know how. There should be a bigger and more visible "back" button in my opinion, or a mini tutorial that tells you you need to click on the very bottom of the screen to go back. Also, in the stats tab on the phone, there are four icons at the bottom of the tab, one that looks like it's for copy / pasting, the 2 hearts, the discussion bubble, and a "your profile" icon. None of those icons do anything (so far), which isn't a problem in itself, if they are only meant to make the phone UI more realistic, but the chat bubble icon is bothering me, because there's a red circle on top of it, which usually means "unread notification". It makes you wanna click on it, but of course it doesn't work, and it's annoying to be fair, because it breaks the immersion, because it constantly reminds you that none of these icons work and that it's a barely functioning phone. Just removing the red circle would be a nice and easy fix, I think.

Anyway, thanks for continuing the story, and best of luck to you, I'll be following this game with great interest.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: ERA51

ERA51

The Hitcher
Feb 26, 2022
Happy somebody is continuing this story. It's hard to give an opinion on something that's so short for now (which is why I'm not writing a review just yet), but I'll try anyway.

I like that all the OG characters are still there, the fact that the humor is more present, and that it's overall a bit more Cliché. I think that when doing a game like this, where you play student teens discovering the joys of college life, having cliché American-Pie-style events but deep and developed characters is the best way to make for an interesting game, and I like that a lot about this new game.

Sadly, the game's graphics have a much lower quality than the original. I know cranking up the quality would either require a much better rendering PC, or would make for way shorter updates (which I don't want, lol). I just hope at some point the game will generate enough money to fix that issue.

I liked the use of music, there's never enough music in these games, it's often overlooked but so important if you plan on having any depth in your story. I also liked the transitions between scenes. In the original game, I sometimes felt there were not enough transition renders, that the story would skip ahead too much, but I didn't feel that in this game.

I don't really like that the mansion is the same mansion as the one from another game of the same genre that I won't name. It's a very famous and popular game too. I get that finding assets for a decent price might be hard, but at least not have assets that are the same as those from very popular games of the same genre would be great for the immersion.

I like the addition of the phone, it generally really help with the immersion, and it's a nice way of having some variety of content + it helps making the game less linear, which is great. That said, navigating the phone is a bit of a pain when you don't know how. There should be a bigger and more visible "back" button in my opinion, or a mini tutorial that tells you you need to click on the very bottom of the screen to go back. Also, in the stats tab on the phone, there are four icons at the bottom of the tab, one that looks like it's for copy / pasting, the 2 hearts, the discussion bubble, and a "your profile" icon. None of those icons do anything (so far), which isn't a problem in itself, if they are only meant to make the phone UI more realistic, but the chat bubble icon is bothering me, because there's a red circle on top of it, which usually means "unread notification". It makes you wanna click on it, but of course it doesn't work, and it's annoying to be fair, because it breaks the immersion, because it constantly reminds you that none of these icons work and that it's a barely functioning phone. Just removing the red circle would be a nice and easy fix, I think.

Anyway, thanks for continuing the story, and best of luck to you, I'll be following this game with great interest.

Thank you very much for you feedback!

We are trying to improve with each update of course. So this input from you is appreciated!
As we progress the next updates, we will also overhaul certain things. The Phone feature for example... more and more will be coming as I have plenty of ideas :)

Also the issues you've mentioned, well... thanks, I haven't seen it this way yet.
Our intention with the 'back' button was, that it would feel natural to put it there, since most phones have it right there.

Again, thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated!

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Thank you very much for you feedback!

We are trying to improve with each update of course. So this input from you is appreciated!
As we progress the next updates, we will also overhaul certain things. The Phone feature for example... more and more will be coming as I have plenty of ideas :)

Also the issues you've mentioned, well... thanks, I haven't seen it this way yet.
Our intention with the 'back' button was, that it would feel natural to put it there, since most phones have it right there.

Again, thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated!
First the phone, then, what? Point & click? Minigames? I just want more of Jennifer. lol

ERA51

The Hitcher
Feb 26, 2022
First the phone, then, what? Point & click? Minigames? I just want more of Jennifer. lol
I didn't plan on making minigames.... Can't guarantee that there won't be any P&C elements at some point (there are a few ideas in my head for something fun :) )

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I didn't plan on making minigames.... Can't guarantee that there won't be any P&C elements at some point (there are a few ideas in my head for something fun :) )
Just give me more Jennifer and I'll be good to go. Mostly. Probably still complain about something. Sometime. Maybe. :ROFLMAO: :p

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
ive liked what ive seen so far.. there has been way to much attention on being a dik for too long now that its good o see a quality alternative.. id very much like to see a college game actually do more college stuff too.. as well as break the mold and try new things.. i know from my own experiences with Daz that there are college football and ice hockey assets on there besides the oftn seen basketball stuff.. it would be possible to piece together the aformentioned sports with decision based outcomes and scripted events such as a choice to run the ball or throw for college ball, to pass the puck or skate with the puck yourself for ice hockey.. on defense side simple choices like go left go right, body check attempt etc etc
College wise i've yet to see somone try to do things like spring break.. girls gone wild etc etc during the term time they set out for the game.. It always seems to be about just reaching the end of a pre set story.. and thats fine, great even.. but to limit a potential 4 year college game when a story can be interweaved along that FULL potential seems a waste.. yes devs can get bored but if there onto a winning formula and trying new stuff too and with some great characters you want to get to know, feel the actual relationships growing be it passionatly or as a friend.. You have the chance here ERA51 to really break that standard set by DIK and id say college kings too.. Dont be afraid to step out of that comfort zone and try new things and dedicate yourselves to a lengthy project instead of wondering what to do next when you get bored of the current title..
This does have potential and i like where its going so far.. dont blow it

EDIT - One thing many seem to miss is developing relationships and making the reader feel that passion between characters when things finally come to a head.. pun intended.. hope you guys can deliver on this too.. (making relationships between mc and his LI actually full of emotion, be it lust or love..

ERA51

The Hitcher
Feb 26, 2022
ive liked what ive seen so far.. there has been way to much attention on being a dik for too long now that its good o see a quality alternative.. id very much like to see a college game actually do more college stuff too.. as well as break the mold and try new things.. i know from my own experiences with Daz that there are college football and ice hockey assets on there besides the oftn seen basketball stuff.. it would be possible to piece together the aformentioned sports with decision based outcomes and scripted events such as a choice to run the ball or throw for college ball, to pass the puck or skate with the puck yourself for ice hockey.. on defense side simple choices like go left go right, body check attempt etc etc
College wise i've yet to see somone try to do things like spring break.. girls gone wild etc etc during the term time they set out for the game.. It always seems to be about just reaching the end of a pre set story.. and thats fine, great even.. but to limit a potential 4 year college game when a story can be interweaved along that FULL potential seems a waste.. yes devs can get bored but if there onto a winning formula and trying new stuff too and with some great characters you want to get to know, feel the actual relationships growing be it passionatly or as a friend.. You have the chance here ERA51 to really break that standard set by DIK and id say college kings too.. Dont be afraid to step out of that comfort zone and try new things and dedicate yourselves to a lengthy project instead of wondering what to do next when you get bored of the current title..
This does have potential and i like where its going so far.. dont blow it

EDIT - One thing many seem to miss is developing relationships and making the reader feel that passion between characters when things finally come to a head.. pun intended.. hope you guys can deliver on this too.. (making relationships between mc and his LI actually full of emotion, be it lust or love..
Thank you so much for your feedback.
Yes! Yes! Oh and Yes!
In 0.2 I will introduce a choice as some extra curicular activity ;).

Aaaaaaand yes, all the other stuff. Springbreak will be coming!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Thank you so much for your feedback.
Yes! Yes! Oh and Yes!
In 0.2 I will introduce a choice as some extra curicular activity ;).

Aaaaaaand yes, all the other stuff. Springbreak will be coming!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
you my good creator sir just earned yourself a patreon :)

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021

Character submission idea - feel free to use if in need of an extra - Raven

Bad BAAAAAD girl LIZ - i was in the process of making my own avn a while back but family ended up coming first and wasnt able to continue past character design and writing stage so feel free to use thee if you desire (copy them i dont have the files anymore)

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
ERA51 you might have already planned for it too but during the gangs halloween break there could be a 'haunted house or horrors' or Scream inspired/Friday the 13th/Halloween inspired episode.. you dont need to kill off a main character but maybe put them in 'acting lessons' level peril with lasting consequences throughout the season.. (trauma/injury recovery etc) MC getting hurt always seems to be a good character arc too to reveal those relationships around him he may.. or MAY NOT be aware of, Regarding the scream style too you could bring in background character for the victims if you went that route, subtly bring up side characters over the approaching season leaving the reader to not know which ones would be left by the end.. Yes its a darker turn but all you have to do is look at how memorable those 'type' of past moments have been on other avn.. the aforementioned Acting lessons that almost everyone knows off just by the title alone.. leap of Faith's Cece suicide jump.. NEVER be afraid to go dark and put real into your project.. people may complain.. BUT those complains still mean there talking about your work.. not all reviews need to be glowing to know that your getting your work noticed and reality may suck.. but its a fair assumption that a good percentage of audiences are or have gone through real world stuff too.. its not always nice.. but its powerful.. take it as someone who knows this all to well dealing with depression, anxiety and agoraphobia

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes