VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Best Days of Our Lives [v0.5] [UndergroundStudio]

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes

alleviate.

Jun 7, 2021
...they're teenagers in college. They just met. Furthermore, devs gave a big ass disclaimer that choices in 0.2 would feel a bit off but would make sense for character development down the line.

Chill out and have some faith, my guy.

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Haha! Just played it for the first time and enjoyed it a lot. Good job, Dev! Looking forward to see next updates!

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
This will probably get better reception now that he has removed the prequel / sequel game from the original post.

Personally not for me as i'm not into college age girls and there are no milfs in sight but i hope you all enjoy the game.

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
Cool update and i really like Sophia as a character from what i've learned so far, well done! Hope for a good romance with her :love: but i'm not gonna lie, i got 2 more save paths for 2 other girls ready... for now at least :p

Also i gotta say, it does feel like we have a false sense of choice when it comes to story... i hope for a "bit more impactful" choices cuz tbh this is starting to develop what i like to call a "kinetic novel syndrome" :HideThePain:

Still, looking forward to future updates...

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I love it when devs railroad you even if you didn't want the choice to happen.

Whether or not you talk to Vanessa you still end up over there...

Also I can't tell if the Kiss her or Don't is better. Because Sophia asks you more about yourself in the Don't version.

Also that last bit with the choice between the two was such a cop out for "how to lead to being with one of the two in the group".

Reactions: LSC82

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Interesting. I Hope it doesn't turn out like CK but that's just my opinion.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
This would be far more interesting if characters talked and acted like actual college kids, instead of dialogue right out of corny romance novels meant for bored mothers. And that's common in a lot of these college games. I can only think of one that gets it right and another that kinda tries but not really...

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
Um, so guess I'm a little slow but, Vanessa is a lesbian or no? I don't get the MC's reaction. It's a joke, lie or what exactly?

NoxLaw

Nov 11, 2020
Um, so guess I'm a little slow but, Vanessa is a lesbian or no? I don't get the MC's reaction. It's a joke, lie or what exactly?
I think it was just a prank. But I wouldn't be surprised if we get the usual "every girl is bisexual" trope. What I got from the dialogue is that there's probably something going on between Jennifer and Rebecca already.

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
I think it was just a prank. But I wouldn't be surprised if we get the usual "every girl is bisexual" trope. What I got from the dialogue is that there's probably something going on between Jennifer and Rebecca already.
Well, guess that leaves me shit out of luck then. Last thing I need is another MJ situation.
Hot girl shows interest in MC... later tells him she's bi. Seems to be a theme nowadays :cautious:

Last edited:

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
I love it when devs railroad you even if you didn't want the choice to happen.

Whether or not you talk to Vanessa you still end up over there...

Also I can't tell if the Kiss her or Don't is better. Because Sophia asks you more about yourself in the Don't version.

Also that last bit with the choice between the two was such a cop out for "how to lead to being with one of the two in the group".
In real life i would say making the attempt is better, never fail by inaction.
Also now you are playing with the cards on the table rather than hiding it, next time you are alone with her... it's full court press lol.

But guessing the mind of VN writers seem even more complicated than women lol.

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Just played it for a bit. Nice looking game, though I'd prefer to have more choices and dialogue options, hopefully that'll be the case in the future. While the story seems rather uncomplicated and none of the girls is really my type I'll stick for at least few updates, since it looks like a thought out and well written game overall.

Oct 26, 2020
I think them having that sequel game already made kinda ruined this whole experience for most people. It's hard to play a game like this when you already know who 2 of the LI's end up with and yeah they said that the old game has no meaning but its just jarring to go from one to the other and you can't really expect people to forget about it.
I totally agree.

Oxymoron98

Sep 22, 2018
Game was good. Seems like a nice slice of life type. looking forward to more updates.

Critique:

That freakout scene definitely needs work though. It was very unrealistic and completely drew me out of the story. Even if we didn't establish the MC as pragmatic it still wouldn't have made sense. It's not like they did anything THAT bad. And his reasoning for being mad doesn't make sense. What is the thing he could've said that's so bad in that type of situation? And they immediatey let him in to the joke before any real side effects/consequences could be can be established. And being embarressed is fine, hiding away over something stupid is extremely realistic for someone with anxiety. But acting like a dick just doesnt make sense. Maybe this is trying to show his hot headedness? but again it doesn't work just because how unrealistic his reaction to the prank was. Maybe have them at least be fake mad longer than immediately after him going to a girl. His anger doesn't have to be justified but it should be understandable and it's not. Also this is kinda nitpicky but they're like 2 feet away from each other, why wouldn't he just say "hey guys" instead of picking a girl lol

Reactions: Random365
4.20 star(s) 25 Votes