VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Best Days of Our Lives [v0.5] [UndergroundStudio]

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes

UndergroundStudio

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2021
My experience here in F95 - old user here since 2017 - tells me that:

- a Dev shouldn't post "too many" messages here - it's not a clever idea

- a Dev shouldn't comply with users here - it's not a good idea. You should listen to your Patrons ONLY

- it's a really really really BAD idea reworking your games. Always move forward: you can always improve dialogues and lines, maybe improve some pictures, BUT NEVER change a characters' facial traits and body features. Stick with them

- a remastered/reworked game is a doomed game - they always end this way: dead! (ALWAYS!)

- stick with your original plotline you had in mind, no matter what they say
I think you missunterstood me. I was talking about reworking Before You Go with a completely new set of characters to seperate it from the main game - TBDOOL. TBDOOL would remain EXACTLY the same and it would continue just like it was planned. But yeah, for now we'll continue to work on 0.3.

alleviate.

Jun 7, 2021
I think you missunterstood me. I was talking about reworking Before You Go with a completely new set of characters to seperate it from the main game - TBDOOL. TBDOOL would remain EXACTLY the same and it would continue just like it was planned. But yeah, for now we'll continue to work on 0.3.
If that's the case, as sad as it is that it might come to that, I would actually love to see what your artist can do with pastel colored hair and maybe a lip ring. But hey, I'm just a random guy on the internet so what do I know.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Summer's Gone or Heavy Five or Deluca's Family or Where It All Began or Femdom City are faring quite well so I wouldn't say that remasters always kill games.
Heavy Five?!? :LOL: DeLuca's?!? :ROFLMAO: maybe you will see their MCs having sex with a main girl in 2799. Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe in Heavy Five's next update - coming out in 2022? 2023? - we will see the MC merrily and happily playing Monopoly with the blondie. I guess it's fair: to each his own remaster I guess.

No idea of what the other games are.:lepew:

Last edited:

TempinOffice

May 25, 2020
Finished the first version. It's unlike the 2 College VN (which are great though btw) I am playing and that's a good thing. It's focusing more on the grounded college experience, unlike the horn-dog in the other two. Renders are great. Good Luck to the developers.

mitymity

Apr 29, 2021
I like it too, first college themed game i got into at the beginning so looking forward to seeing it develop over time. Promising so far and it's refreshing that there hasn't been any sex or anything yet, very realistic.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I don't see any tag for sex...
No sex scenes yet or will have sex only one girl in the end?
The MC seems to have a lot of prospects at this point. He may end up with just one but I'm guessing he's gonna 'play the field' before that happens.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Greetings,

This is the writer of 'The best days of our lives'.

The release dates of 0.3 was announced earlier today (with the public release being the 12th of this month)

So, here I am (again) to share a few things about this update and the future of this game in general.

---

1. Once again, this will be a very linear update without any branching. HOWEVER, this will be the last one to be like that.

Starting from 0.4, we'll slowly start rolling out the different story branches one by one.

On a related note, expect to see (or not see) some minor bonus content in 0.3 - based on the choices you made in the game so far.

---

2. (UPDATE: Apparently, the save files are completely unusable. Sorry about that, will try to make sure it doesn't happen again)

There is a small chance that SOME of the players' save files from 0.2 may not work properly in this update and I'm truly sorry about that.

One of the biggest problems with using a point system in the game is - even a minor mistake means the old save files suddenly become unusable. I've tried my best to make sure the problem doesn't come up this time, but if it does - I apologize for the inconvenience.

---

3. (Despite seeming otherwise) there will be no 'harem route' or 'forced love routes' in this game.

I should be able to explain about this (in detail) in the next update. But for now, I can only request you to take my word for it.

---

4. When it comes to TBDoOL, one of my goals (as a writer) is to make each route feel very distinct in their approach towards romance.

For example: One route may feel soft, simple & conversational, while another is more exaggerated in a fun, cinematic way, another which is very emotionally charged and so on.

This seemingly simple element of the story is something I've been working extra hard on.

So, I kind of wanted to say to our players - 0.3 marks the first step towards that goal and please look forward to a lot of good things in the near future :)

---

That's everything for now. Looking forward to hear your thoughts on 0.3 soon.

Take care & stay safe.

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Happy to actually have some meaningful insight into the update.

Making the Changelog public and sharing some pics of the gurls that got content in the update would be a good promotional advert to draw attention.

Think of it like posters for blockbuster movies, all the cast interviews before the launch, trailers.

The problem right now is that MC is testing all of the different gurls, but there is no depth.

Let us talk about the girl he tries to kiss - she rejects him and then admits to being pushed
by his friends into meeting him - so no real connection there.
WTF is this useless path doing in the game if there is no interest coming from the girl other than a dare to
his friends?

Should that be the lesson we get for going to her, well played, most times girls MC likes to know
do not give a fkk about him and are all the time bored and dismissive of anything he says or does.

Then there is the girl that invites MC to her room, she keeps him at a distance, like lets just chat to pass the time.
Again, WTF is such a useless connection doing in our game, if MC is supposed to enter relationships
with some girls, any girls.

Possibly another lesson for MC - do not pursue this girl, she is not interested in the slightest and
you will get nowhere with her.

Then her roomie wants to use MC as a snitch to find out stuff for herself, thed discard him as a tool.
She is aaging right now the 3rd babe we have ta cross off our list of possible interests - they are ablivious.

All this feels like is living the younger years of any psychopath serial killer: being treated like a poor looser by gurls,
like a cricus freak they wanna interact with but feel nothing for or would never date or connect.

Being friend zoned right off the bat and mocked for wanting to do more,
this feels like those girls do not have any connection or drive towards pursuing MC,
I guess getting together with them will surely proove to be some suspesion of disbelief task 4 MC.

The fact the same friends that end up hooking up, granted in another alternate existence,
are the same who are now mocking and making fun of MC,
including the gurl they throw in the water after him, getting in our minds the
distinct worrying idea of a possibility that all these are mean friends that will never
accept MC as ne of their own, seeing him nothign other than the
stiffler, the odd one out of the pack.
This kind of beginning is in no way motivating to sit through dialogues
that are not leading to anything meaningful.

This is the reaction I got out of this game so far.
Inadequate, made to feel sorry 4 himself, made to appologise 4 feeling cast out
and betrayed when all of his friends made a laughing stalk out of him,
the idiot pushed out in the water, then the gurl they push after him is still siding with the other bullies,
all laughing at MC, like he is not part of their own but their monkey they poke fun of.

This is pretty heavy to push through in a game supposedly about care free relationships.
Right now there is no relationship, MC is a castout gurls just amuse themselves with,
but no, not working his knob or playing with his body, but teasing him and then leaving him baffled.

This is 4 now the most awful days of MCs life, where those best days are is still a mistery.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: acondo and Harry6hp

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The Best Days of Our Lives - Chapter 3
(5th of July, 10:00 AM CEST) was the day of official release of The Best Days of Our Lives 0.3!
Devs managed to finish all the work on this Chapter in just one month

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
"The characters do not respect the MC."

I've seen this complaint / misunderstanding popup occasionally in the past too. So, I think it's better if I officially address it at least once.

I say misunderstanding because, as the one who writes these characters, I can tell for a fact that no character looks down on (or wishes to mistreat) the MC. They do respect him as a friend.

There are enough hints (and straightforward conversations) in the game to convey that.

Sure, there are pranks, lies and jokes being tossed around .. but it's all with friendly intent. Most of the times, the characters won't mind it if the MC did the same thing to them.

However, despite this clarification, some players may still not feel that way - as they analyse the events based on their own values & ideals (which they have all the rights to), instead of the MC's.

So, I can see how the constant pranks, tricks, lies and jokes can be a turn-off for those players.

To them, I can only say - I understand that this game is not your cup of tea. I wish I was good enough to satisfy your expectations and preferences. Sadly, it is what it is.

I have a plan and vision for this story (where these silly jokes and pranks are what the best moments of the game will be built upon) and I must stick to it in order to deliver the best game I can.

---

Edit: I just remembered a certain dialog in the upcoming 0.3.

Hopefully, it is obvious enough that he/they're not being serious.

Because if it's not, I might as well stop posting these clarifications, as it will look like I'm contradicting myself :LOL:

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
O.K. today was the ”best friends” game release ... so we could go over who are best friends to MC.
Could it be the gurls? Well .. .they seem to be better friends with some other of MCs friends, which
kind a feels like Mc would be some sort of charity / third wheel case scenario,
where he just jumps from one joke into another prank and lands flat faced discarded by gurls
queueing up to make sure he never gets to 1st base even with any of them, let alone feel akin to them.

Anyone has any input as to who would be friends / best friends in this game this far?

• Sad
Reactions: Harry6hp

maxxlim

Mar 14, 2021
The Best Days of Our Lives - Chapter 3
(5th of July, 10:00 AM CEST) was the day of official release of The Best Days of Our Lives 0.3!
Devs managed to finish all the work on this Chapter in just one month
Content will be little as usual.

Garvelt

Aug 26, 2020
O.K. today was the ”best friends” game release ... so we could go over who are best friends to MC.
Could it be the gurls? Well .. .they seem to be better friends with some other of MCs friends, which
kind a feels like Mc would be some sort of charity / third wheel case scenario,
where he just jumps from one joke into another prank and lands flat faced discarded by gurls
queueing up to make sure he never gets to 1st base even with any of them, let alone feel akin to them.

Anyone has any input as to who would be friends / best friends in this game this far?
Can we have one game where not every girl falls in love with the MC on first sight? I know it's unrealistic as hell and we should really be expecting girls letting the MC touch their boobs after 5 minutes or perhaps get a surprise blowjob in front of friends, but still, maybe it would be worth to wait and see how the story plays out in the next few updates?

Content will be little as usual.
Can't really expect hours of content from a monthly release.

SaltySugar

Dec 18, 2020
So this game is like a prequel to Before You Go? Cause I played that and the same characters are in this one and seeing the 2 Lis already get fucked by the other guys in that kind of makes me not want to play anymore to be honest.

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes