VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Best Days of Our Lives [v0.5] [UndergroundStudio]

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes

olecramid

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2020
I really like the previews, I'll give it a try. Thanks a lot for sharing it and the best luck to you UndergroundStudio!

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Question: does the game assume that I asked for ninas pic or there's something wrong with my saves because I did another playthrough? I deleted both save folders.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
I want to make clear that I like this game but this update was kind of meh tbh. It feels like nothing actually happened. Played some basketball, asked Rebecca on a date and saw some titties. It feels like we're exactly where we began.
I can see how the game (this update in particular) might feel slow for some.

I just felt this update was an essential part to make the future updates feel right. Still, I do get where you're coming from.

If you're still interested in continuing the game, the upcoming 0.4 should feel a lot more significant in terms of "making progress" :)

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Question: does the game assume that I asked for ninas pic or there's something wrong with my saves because I did another playthrough? I deleted both save folders.
Are you asking about Vanessa's overall reaction to the photo situation in general?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: kartolas

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Sorry about the misunderstanding, I did not say some "save files" may not work. I meant save files may not work at all for some "players".

Since we do not have any testers to work with, we could only test the game on our PCs.

The issue was resolved for us, which is why we hoped it maybe the case for others.

I'll edit the post now.
The issue with save files is that there no place for renpy to roll back to when loading the old save. The last label was too far back and is no longer in the buffer. A way to fix this is to put a label right at the end before the jump statement. For example:

game code
game code
game code

label endofupdate:
game code to do end of update things if you want

jump credits

label credits
display save before this screen message (could be more specific)

credits code

Then when you release the next update, change the line "jump credits" to "jump newupdate". As long as the save is made in the endofupdate block, the savefile should work. There is an even more elegant way to do it by checking to see if the .rpy file or maybe the label with the new update is loaded or not, (if it is, jump to it, if not, jump to credits) but I can't remember the exact syntax. Renpy gurus help me out here? :whistle::coffee:

Best of luck!

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Are you asking about Vanessa's overall reaction to the photo situation in general?

Then yes - Vanessa reacting like that is a fixed part of the game.

She knows the MC did not ask for those photos, she's reacting like that because she was not impressed with his response (all 3 of them)
Ok. It's not important yet. It's just that starts undressing Nina and there's no reason for it. Thank you.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
The issue with save files is that there no place for renpy to roll back to when loading the old save. The last label was too far back and is no longer in the buffer. A way to fix this is to put a label right at the end before the jump statement. For example:

game code
game code
game code

label endofupdate:
game code to do end of update things if you want

jump credits

label credits
display save before this screen message (could be more specific)

credits code

Then when you release the next update, change the line "jump credits" to "jump newupdate". As long as the save is made in the endofupdate block, the savefile should work. There is an even more elegant way to do it by checking to see if the .rpy file or maybe the label with the new update is loaded or not, (if it is, jump to it, if not, jump to credits) but I can't remember the exact syntax. Renpy gurus help me out here? :whistle::coffee:

Best of luck!
Thanks for sharing that.

I'm still getting used to the whole coding side of things (The ones I worked on before were much shorter & simpler, so never faced this issue.) So, this helps a lot.

I'll give it a try (and learn the inner workings of it) as I work on 0.4.

espy85

Sep 28, 2019
I had to start a new game, it's not a big problem being at the beginning, the real problem is that I think some dialogue and choices have been removed.
I don't see the harem tag so I assume we're going to get to make some choices, but in this case I think it's time to notice.
So far, in fact, any choice you make leads to roughly the same events. I wish it would be clearer in the future if I'm on vanessa's or nina's, or the other girls' route.
For the rest the work is good from all points of view, graphic and writing

xtraax

Mar 9, 2020
Underground Studio's Discord link is expired, could someone update it with an unlimited expiration one ? ;)

Guiltyveek

Apr 23, 2021
I don't think the latest update moved the story that much. Regardless I still enjoyed it I guess, especially the dialogue and the MC lusting over Nina's tits

Reactions: scalvi

grohotor

May 15, 2020
More importantly as those are (I assume) all LIs, no NTR tag.
id rather they don't end up with anyone else if i pursue someone else in a VN without a harem mode but its not that bad if they do. just don't show them having sex or shit like that.

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes