VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Best Days of Our Lives [v0.5] [UndergroundStudio]

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
So this game is like a prequel to Before You Go? Cause I played that and the same characters are in this one and seeing the 2 Lis already get fucked by the other guys in that kind of makes me not want to play anymore to be honest.
I think that dev said that BYG is a side story or something like that, I may be wrong tho.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Before you go was a taste of adult scenes devs wanted to show off ... that is it.
Now, because they did not choose any of the blokes in that teaser to be our MC,
this here game has nothing to do with it - Before you go is what if MC was never there.
Let me interfere a bit. This game WON'T have any type of NTR. Ever.

Period.

I'd be glad if you guys stopped it right there.
Before You Go is a alternate universe to TBDOOL where Ben doesn't exist :) It was meant to be a ultra short project to showcase what our team can do.

We are very sorry it causes so many confusions :( If there still would be a problem with it after 0.3 then we will think about the solution.
I pretty much agree with you that it was a mistake that apparently cannot be undone unless we remake the whole thing with different characters (since you can't delete game threads here). And that's what we are planning to do, if the confusion won't stop (I guess it won't..).
So they decided to do a side story with the same characters that are in this game minus MC?
Apparently yea.

erkper

May 16, 2018
2. There is a small chance that SOME of the players' save files from 0.2 may not work properly in this update and I'm truly sorry about that.

One of the biggest problems with using a point system in the game is - even a minor mistake means the old save files suddenly become unusable. I've tried my best to make sure the problem doesn't come up this time, but if it does - I apologize for the inconvenience.
Urgh... Might want to rephrase to say "Saves from earlier versions are not compatible" and post it in the OP. Tried multiple saves from various points in the game, including autosaves, every single one gave a rollback error and restarted from the beginning.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Urgh... Might want to rephrase to say "Saves from earlier versions are not compatible" and post it in the OP. Tried multiple saves from various points in the game, including autosaves, every single one gave a rollback error and restarted from the beginning.
Sorry about the misunderstanding, I did not say some "save files" may not work. I meant save files may not work at all for some "players".

Since we do not have any testers to work with, we could only test the game on our PCs.

The issue was resolved for us, which is why we hoped it maybe the case for others.

I'll edit the post now.

Reactions: erkper

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Wasn't there a TV soap opera or something, that went by the same name?
I remember everytime I'd come to visit my country cousins, I'd find them all giggling, huddled together around TV..."Ohh, Best Days of Our Lives is about to start!"

Reactions: Arisushi

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I remember everytime I'd come to visit my country cousins, I'd find them all giggling, huddled together around TV..."Ohh, Best Days of Our Lives is about to start!"
Close. 'Days of Our Lives"
I just googled it. Started in 1965. Over 14000 episodes and still going.

• Wow
Reactions: Arisushi

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
I got here pretty early, I'll have to wait a bit for this game to have a substantial amount of content before diving in, I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Interesting. I swear, this is the first time I'm hearing about it :) I should probably check it out.

Sounds like the kind of dream show I'd like to write one day, where everyone can just sit together and have a good time.

Close. 'Days of Our Lives"
I just googled it. Started in 1965. Over 14000 episodes and still going.
I actually went to double check if that '14000' wasn't some kind of typo :eek:

Reactions: clowns234

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
I want to make clear that I like this game but this update was kind of meh tbh. It feels like nothing actually happened. Played some basketball, asked Rebecca on a date and saw some titties. It feels like we're exactly where we began.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Well that's a questionable decision making from the devs to do it with the same characters.
Not really.....

The dev already explained that it isn't part of this games universe, it was just made to show off what the team can do and not canon to this story.

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes