VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Best Days of Our Lives [v0.5] [UndergroundStudio]

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes
Nov 10, 2018
This game has potential, and what I have seen so far is pretty good. I hope it gets more attention and thus more support on their Patreon!

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
Great game with ton of potential,The girls are great and relationship development is on point.I have a question tho, i just played before you go, is it another story with the same characters or is it "canon". I mean that the characters were having sex and while Dave and Jessica's sex was clearly a one time thing,Rebecca claimed she loved Nathan so I wonder if that is the case in TBDOOL as well.

Last edited:

UndergroundStudio

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2021
Great game with ton of potential,The girls are great and relationship development is on point.I have a question tho, i just play before you go, is it another story with the same characters or is it "canon". I mean that the characters were having sex and while Dave and Jessica's sex was clearly a one time thing,Rebecca claimed she loved Nathan so I wonder if that is the case in TBDOOL as well.
Before You Go is a alternate universe to TBDOOL where Ben doesn't exist :) It was meant to be a ultra short project to showcase what our team can do.

We are very sorry it causes so many confusions :( If there still would be a problem with it after 0.3 then we will think about the solution.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Before You Go is a alternate universe to TBDOOL where Ben doesn't exist :) It was meant to be a ultra short project to showcase what our team can do.

We are very sorry it causes so many confusions :( If there still would be a problem with it after 0.3 then we will think about the solution.
My opinion is probably not that important as I don't like games that force me to choose between LI but even if I would play this type of game knowing about Before You Go is the final nail in the coffin for me to not want to play TBDOOL.

It's the same thing with another game that I actually wanted to play but hesitated until now because the Dev sold the game out to the NTR crowd and is really bad when it comes to bugfixing. That Dev just released a spinoff of his main game that features one of the female characters as the new MC of the spinoff and therefore kills any interest in both games for me.

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021

Thank you for answering, If I may suggest something, I think that simply writing something similar to what you replied to my comment in BYG game description would solve the problem.
Thank you for this great game and good luck!

Edit: I see now that this is written in dev notes box here,so i guess you already thought of that :)

Last edited:

Garvelt

Aug 26, 2020
I can't for the life of me comprehend why people are so hung up on the whole BYG thing even after the devs made it clear several times it's not cannon. If you didn't know about it, fine, that's understandable but still. BYG isn't advertised as a sequel at all and it isn't even linked on main page. Why on earth would a not cannon short story, that features the same characters, ruin your experience with this game?

Kinda reminds me of the whole Summer with Mia fiasco with the short stories that are not cannon. Now when you hear about the game (and the sequel), all people can talk about is N(T)R, even though Mia never had sex with anyone other than the MC in the main story that is considered cannon for the sequel.

alleviate.

Jun 7, 2021
Boo hoo, the pixelated girl I wanna jerk off to was actually characterized as a whole ass human being with complex emotions and relationships in an alternative universe, and I just cannot fathom the thought of her being anything but 100% devoted to me at all times so I'm going to constantly whine about it instead of moving the fuck on to another thread where I can get what I want.

NoxLaw

Nov 11, 2020
Boo hoo, the pixelated girl I wanna jerk off to was actually characterized as a whole ass human being with complex emotions and relationships in an alternative universe, and I just cannot fathom the thought of her being anything but 100% devoted to me at all times so I'm going to constantly whine about it instead of moving the fuck on to another thread where I can get what I want.
Boo hoo, a random guy on the internet has a different opinion than me so I'm going to whine about him whining because I'm better than him.

Edit: And about the whole topic, I think it was a mistake to do that "alternative universe" thing with the same characters. I'm not that bothered by it but some people get attached to these characters and you can't really unsee things. So if they see the same Lis from this game get fucked by the same "friends" from this game, the last thing they will care about is that it's an "alternative universe" where this Mc doesn't exist. But like I said, I'm not that bothered by it but I can see why some people wouldn't like it.

Last edited:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Boo hoo, a random guy on the internet has a different opinion than me so I'm going to whine about him whining because I'm better than him.

Edit: And about the whole topic, I think it was a mistake to do that "alternative universe" thing with the same characters. I'm not that bothered by it but some people get attached to these characters and you can't really unsee things. So if they see the same Lis from this game get fucked by the same "friends" from this game, the last thing they will care about is that it's an "alternative universe" where this Mc doesn't exist. But like I said, I'm not that bothered by it but I can see why some people wouldn't like it.
Attached to what, for crying out loud.

They're DAZ models we've already seen 1 million times in a million games.

:sick:

You know what? they are just trolling.

UndergroundStudio

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2021

I pretty much agree with you that it was a mistake that apparently cannot be undone unless we remake the whole thing with different characters (since you can't delete game threads here). And that's what we are planning to do, if the confusion won't stop (I guess it won't..).

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I pretty much agree with you that it was a mistake that apparently cannot be undone unless we remake the whole thing with different characters (since you can't delete game threads here). And that's what we are planning to do, if the confusion won't stop (I guess it won't..).
My experience here in F95 - old user here since 2017 - tells me that:

- a Dev shouldn't post "too many" messages here - it's not a clever idea

- a Dev shouldn't comply with users here - it's not a good idea. You should listen to your Patrons ONLY

- it's a really really really BAD idea reworking your games. Always move forward: you can always improve dialogues and lines, maybe improve some pictures, BUT NEVER change a characters' facial traits and body features. Stick with them

- a remastered/reworked game is a doomed game - they always end this way: dead! (ALWAYS!)

- stick with your original plotline you had in mind, no matter what they say

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes