VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Best Days of Our Lives [v0.5] [UndergroundStudio]

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Finally got to playing this and really enjoyed it. Sophia's my top choice right now but there are others in the running. Vanessa could be fun but she could also be frustrating, I see her more as a fun diversion than a serious love interest (for now.) I liked the outcome of the game we played with her (I won the final round with the phone texts and got her to send me a picture.) I'm interested in Jennifer. And possibly Nina. And Emma. The only one I don't find myself much attracted to is Rebecca. I know I'll have to choose. Right now I'm going with Sophia, but I plan to return to old saves and explore the others, or maybe switch later (it was hinted this will be allowed.)

The stupid prank they played on the MC - I think he did overreact a little by refusing to talk to them for so long, but taking into account how Dave spoke to him when he first objected to what they'd done, he wasn't completely in the wrong. They could all have apologised. Instead, Dave insulted him for daring to think what they'd done was stupid and call them on it. Dave's exact words: "Stop being such a fucking over-sensitive prick, man." And then when the MC storms off Dave says "Good riddance." That's not how friends behave. Tease and joke, fine. But if a so-called friend treated me that way and refused to apologise, it's unlikely we'd remain friends. For the sake of Jennifer and Rebecca, who seemed like they might actually be sorry, I could tolerate him. But we would not be friends unless he owned up to being an asshole and apologised. He further shows himself to be a fairly typical asshole with the basketball scene. Right now, I don't like him. I'm neutral on Nathan.

I don't agree with the couple of people who've said it seemed too fast with Sophia. They've been hanging out getting to know each other for over a month (they met on, I think, on Sept 12, and had sex on Oct 19th, which is about 5 1/2 weeks) and very obviously felt something from early on. Is that short? Yes. Is it unreasonably short? No. Don't get stuck on the first date thing -even though that was their first official date, they were friends with a definite physical and emotional attraction before that night.

Seconding the recommendation for some rough sex with Vanessa. Seems like the kind of girl who'd be into it.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Or at least rough sex would be nice.
Seconding the recommendation for some rough sex with Vanessa. Seems like the kind of girl who'd be into it.
Rough sex with Vanessa is definitely on the cards.

It won't be the dominant (no pun intended) aspect of Vanessa's route... but it is something players will be able to occasionally explore in the future (if they want to).

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Nina is a qt but this update was really nice with Vanessa, crazy fun girl. Sophie scene was good but something is off with that girl and the way she acts.
So for me it's Nina, Rebecca, Vanessa.

Reactions: Arisushi

Jul 21, 2021
If I were ranking right now...

999999999999: Vanessa

I kind of wish this was a space opera so I had the option to shove Vanessa out an airlock.
Vanessa has a great face, but an awful personality as character. Judge the boys by prejudices, has an unpleasant attitude, and that thing of "I´m lesbian", if it´s a joke it´s not funny, and if it´s real, disables her as a romantic interest in the game. I hope it will be possible to down her a peg or two during the gameplay in the future.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
A possibility to name the savegames would be nice, with so many paths it's otherwise difficult to keep track of them.
Short answer: The chances of adding that feature is pretty low as of this moment. Sorry :(

Long answer:

I'll be honest. I'm not a pro at coding by any means.

The last time I tried to incorporate something "more" into the game, all the save files ended up becoming unusable and everyone had to restart the game. (And in the end, I couldn't even incorporate that change)

I was lucky that it happened so early in the development. I can't even imagine the nuisance it would have caused if it happened deeper into the game. But I digress.

I do want to add features like "naming the save files" and "replay scenes" in the game at some point. (For all I know, it might not even be that hard for actual programmers to do)

But after the save file fiasco, I'm afraid to try anything that I'm not a 100% sure of.

Not to mention, I barely have any time between the script and storyboard as it is.

So, these "enhancement" aspect of things have very low priority as of this moment.

Maybe, if the game garners enough support, we can hire a professional coder.. but even that's something entirely upto Jachu (the artist and creator of Underground Studio) - as we mainly need to prioritise on the visual aspects of the game first.

Last edited:

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
Short answer:
Short answer:

Then just don't worry about it.

Long answer:

There are a whole bunch of modders here on F95 who could probably implement this relatively easily.
I'm just pestering DarkAssasisn with a request for it, because he has already done the walkthrough mod.
Maybe you can learn something from the mod (code) later, if DarkAssasin can and will implement it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arisushi

erkper

May 16, 2018
A possibility to name the savegames would be nice, with so many paths it's otherwise difficult to keep track of them.
My solution for games that need named saves but don't have the option - particularly like in this one where you're going to have one save (or multiple saves) for each LI you choose to pursue - is to rename a save page for each LI. That feature is built in to Renpy, so the devs don't have to do anything except not disable it. Right now I have three pages of saves: Page 1 is saves at choices I thought I might find important later and ends with the choice of whether to ask Sophia on a date. Page 2 I renamed as "Sophia," and Page 3 I renamed as "Not Sophia" (because I'm really clever that way.)

Garvelt

Aug 26, 2020
Really nice update again, I was really impressed with the animations. Vanessa is slowly growing on me and the number of choices in the gym scene was a very nice surprise and a welcome one. Another big surprise was that Sophia had the first sex scene in the game, but then again, it's easy to forget that she has been hanging out with the MC for over a month now so it makes sense when you think about it.

Still, the game needs more Nina :love:. I know I'm biased, because she is my fave, but it needed to be said.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Really nice update again, I was really impressed with the animations. Vanessa is slowly growing on me and the number of choices in the gym scene was a very nice surprise and a welcome one. Another big surprise was that Sophia had the first sex scene in the game, but then again, it's easy to forget that she has been hanging out with the MC for over a month now so it makes sense when you think about it.

Still, the game needs more Nina :love:. I know I'm biased, because she is my fave, but it needed to be said.
Wait. What gym scene? I don't remember MC ever going to the gym.

Garvelt

Aug 26, 2020
Wait. What gym scene? I don't remember MC ever going to the gym.
I meant the other meaning of the word gym of course, so basically the basketball court. I think it qualifies for a gym, at least where I'm from, but yeah, I probably should have said basketball court.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
The solution to that would be a "playa" path, where you try to mess with every girl in town, and lie to each one of them constantly.
Since this game isn't suited to harem (and devs thankfully aren't going there) It has to come with a strong backfire possibility of course, which usually piss off players/customers because people just like to have their cake and eat it... but that's a decision devs are gonna have to make, personally i would enjoy a "manwhore" path that doesn't get a happy ending.
Or a FWB path with some at least. College is rife with that. There is monogamy and craziness both.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
well
after playing a bit i have to ask :
at what point do i(we) get rid of this annoying "bro-mance" thing ?:unsure:
these things only lead to stupid ,unnecessary story plots - everytime
get dave ,nathan ,tim and king in a car and ... well get rid of em ... :ROFLMAO:

• Angry
Reactions: chromesouljahh
4.20 star(s) 25 Votes