VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Best Days of Our Lives [v0.5] [UndergroundStudio]

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes

WA1NT3CH

Mar 10, 2021
my god. really awesome game. didn't run into sex scenes yet but really enjoying the story so far. one of the best games I've ever played. keep it up dev.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
love this game .......... please for the love of god .. don't kill anyone off .. i can take that any more with so many games doing that :cry:

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Britfinder13

May 3, 2018
New Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.50 + DarkAssassin's Walkthrough Mod

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Help me pay for some storage if you want. Or don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
None of Yr pixeldrain links work

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Greetings,

This is the writer of "The Best Days of Our Lives".

Unfortunately, due to certain creative differences and difficulties, I will be stepping down from the project.

0.5 will be the final update of TBDoOL with me as its writer.

---

Before I leave, I just wanted to say two things to our audience and supporters:

1. Just because I'm leaving, doesn't mean this game is going to take a dip in quality. (In fact, it's going to be the exact opposite of that.)

As someone who has closely worked with Jachu and witnessed his passion for this game in the past six months - I can guarantee that he settles for nothing less than the best for TBDoOL.

So, kindly continue giving your support to the game. I assure you, it will be well worth your time.

2. To everyone who has been with us in the development of the game so far, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I hope I was able to make you smile at least once with my writing.

---

Finally, if you're willing to give my writing another chance, I hope to meet you again with a different project in the future.

Take care & stay safe.

- Arisushimake

Garen

May 6, 2017
Greetings,

This is the writer of "The Best Days of Our Lives".

Unfortunately, due to certain creative differences and difficulties, I will be stepping down from the project.

0.5 will be the final update of TBDoOL with me as its writer.

---

Before I leave, I just wanted to say two things to our audience and supporters:

1. Just because I'm leaving, doesn't mean this game is going to take a dip in quality. (In fact, it's going to be the exact opposite of that.)

As someone who has closely worked with Jachu and witnessed his passion for this game in the past six months - I can guarantee that he settles for nothing less than the best for TBDoOL.

So, kindly continue giving your support to the game. I assure you, it will be well worth your time.

2. To everyone who has been with us in the development of the game so far, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I hope I was able to make you smile at least once with my writing.

---

Finally, if you're willing to give my writing another chance, I hope to meet you again with a different project in the future.

Take care & stay safe.

- Arisushimake
Thanks for your hard work. It's been a really fun ride so far.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
This great chapter just makes me fell in love for Rebecca and Vanessa even more

Rebecca is so god damn beautifull and stunning. There's so little content with her yet but i already love her with all my heart and wanna marry her.

And Vanessa. How the hell she can be so perfect? Her black hair, her beautifull blue eyes, that cute nose ring. I just love this girl as well

I finish her content exactly this way View attachment 1480320
I'm with you on Rebecca, I actually prefer her over the other blonde, Sophia who seems nice initially, but a little too desperate and/or clingy. We have to part ways on Vanessa though, I seriously wanted to run away every time she popped on screen. I could not imagine a more antagonistic, boorish, juvenile person, who despite being subjectively attractive outwardly, she's unattractive to me on the inside.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe her personality is a result of some past experiences that caused her to thinking all guys want her because she's pretty despite her high maintenance antics, but I'm so over her. I actually wanted to tell her off so many times, but the stupid MC still participates in her dares even after being given the option to go off on her. That's chickenshit, I would have preferred the MC just stay from her until she comes to her senses or ignores him altogether.

The only issue that might get uncomfortable is how badly I want and :love: Nina. Given they're friends and roommates might get super awkward, but I'd just be honest with her and hope she won't hold that against me from wanting to date her.

...Ok just finished the update, was seriously hoping we'd at least start Nina or Rebecca's path. :( I'm guessing at this rate Nina is gonna be a slow burn, so would it be preferable to stay single while we wait for her path to open up or will we miss her branching path by dating someone else until then?

Last edited:

erkper

May 16, 2018
I'm with you on Rebecca, I actually prefer her over the other blonde, Sophia who seems nice initially, but a little too desperate and/or clingy. We have to part ways on Vanessa though, I seriously wanted to run away every time she popped on screen. I could not imagine a more antagonistic, boorish, juvenile person, who despite being subjectively attractive outwardly, she's unattractive to me on the inside.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe her personality is a result of some past experiences that caused her to thinking all guys want her because she's pretty despite her high maintenance antics, but I'm so over her. I actually wanted to tell her off so many times, but the stupid MC still participates in her dares even after being given the option to go off on her. That's chickenshit, I would have preferred the MC just stay from her until she comes to her senses or ignores him altogether.

The only issue that might get uncomfortable is how badly I want and :love: Nina. Given they're friends and roommates might get super awkward, but I'd just be honest with her and hope she won't hold that against me from wanting to date her.

...Ok just finished the update, was seriously hoping we'd at least start Nina or Rebecca's path. :( I'm guessing at this rate Nina is gonna be a slow burn, so would it be preferable to stay single while we wait for her path to open up or will we miss her branching path by dating someone else until then?
With you 100% on Nina, Rebecca, Sophia and especially on Vanessa. I said earlier in this thread that as a romantic interest I rate Vanessa about 1000 spots lower than Dave and Nathan, and I'm not gay.

As for holding out for Nina... Dev said in this thread that there will not be a harem, if you're on one girl's path you'll lock out of the others. But he also said there'd be an opportunity to switch paths if you decide to pursue someone else at some point. IDK, personally I'm keeping several saves running - one for "uncommitted" while I hold out for Nina, (will probably branch that one out for a Rebecca path when it's available,) one for Sophia, and one for hiding Vanessa's body.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
We have to part ways on Vanessa though, I seriously wanted to run away every time she popped on screen. I could not imagine a more antagonistic, boorish, juvenile person, who despite being subjectively attractive outwardly, she's unattractive to me on the inside.

no real thought needed to be given my friend ... when i made my statement it was thru a few run thru's trying different routes :)

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
With you 100% on Nina, Rebecca, Sophia and especially on Vanessa. I said earlier in this thread that as a romantic interest I rate Vanessa about 1000 spots lower than Dave and Nathan, and I'm not gay.

As for holding out for Nina... Dev said in this thread that there will not be a harem, if you're on one girl's path you'll lock out of the others. But he also said there'd be an opportunity to switch paths if you decide to pursue someone else at some point. IDK, personally I'm keeping several saves running - one for "uncommitted" while I hold out for Nina, (will probably branch that one out for a Rebecca path when it's available,) one for Sophia, and one for hiding Vanessa's body.
Assuming there are no more last minute L.I. added to the game at a later date, I'm running 3 main saves for Nina, Rebecca, and Sophia, but will most likely do a Jennifer/Emma run at a much later point once there's enough content out there and their stories are well developed. At this point, I don't even want to be friends with Vanessa, but I'm guessing we won't have a choice about that and we'll have to suffer through more of her shenanigans in the future. :(

KnightOwlSC

Oct 12, 2021
We have to part ways on Vanessa though, I seriously wanted to run away every time she popped on screen. I could not imagine a more antagonistic, boorish, juvenile person, who despite being subjectively attractive outwardly, she's unattractive to me on the inside.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe her personality is a result of some past experiences that caused her to thinking all guys want her because she's pretty despite her high maintenance antics, but I'm so over her.
The rabbit story scene makes Vanessa a bit more understandable/interesting.

KnightOwlSC

Oct 12, 2021
Wish luck for him. I hope this not affect to much the development after next update.
That would be next to impossible. It will most definitely impact the style at the very least but hopefully it doesn't take down the quality too much as the writing was enjoyable.

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
I encoutered a really weird bug, when you are attempting to make a Save.
During saving the game asks you for the name of the save and you cant procceed until you confirm with Enter button (the one above Right Shift). Game doesnt react to Enter button that is on the right side of keyboard (next to numbers).

Weird is the fact, that during normal play, the right Enter works fine (like when game asks you for name of MC and you type something and press Enter)

Suggestion: confirming save with Enter is annoying. When you dont want to name a save, then just double click with mouse button should do the trick.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
What drama? the guys and girls prank the MC hard .. fool around while teasing him,
ruin his chanses with the blond hottie by talking to her and sending her to park him,
get him to sleep somehwere else, keep being strong headed about who did what,
at which point MC appologises like a winp and gets taken back .. to being what exactly?
This game desperately needs some long term narrative to drive it forward. There's been 5 releases so far and there is basically no story.
There is some drama incoming based off what Nathan overhears from.. David? I think it is..
That, dear gamers, is the question we need answering going forward:
What is the MC of the story?
In that group of his, we keep seeing him get booted out of and then accepted back,
but only with his self esteem in shambles ... where is it all headded to?

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes