VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Best Days of Our Lives [v0.5] [UndergroundStudio]

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Is the writer for Race of Life not willing to take over for The Best Days of Our Lives?

mma456

Dec 2, 2018
Is the writer for Race of Life not willing to take over for The Best Days of Our Lives?
There isn't a different writer for Race of Life and Underground Studio is acting as the sole creator for it. What happened to the writer of the best days of our life though? didn't see it being mentioned much.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
For those who are interested in the new Project "Race of Life"

View attachment 1632142 View attachment 1632143

Hello everyone!

Here is a short description of Race of Life. The first episode (I don’t know when the release would be yet) will be available for everyone for free! Half of the writing for the first episode is done and I already started creating scenes. This time I try to make every environment from scratch. It’s very time consuming but I think it’s worth it. That way every environment like characters' homes, college interior etc. will be as unique as possible. I’ll keep you guys informed about how the work is going in upcoming weeks. Also I’m planning to make some changes to tier rewards but I’ll keep that for the next development update!
Race of Life is a college/street racing game. Jake is a divorced college teacher who’s love life is affected by mistakes of his past. Major issue with his private life is that he can’t fall in love, no matter how hard he tries. Living his routine life, he teaches science in Hanford’s University. He may not like teaching much but there is one thing that he is passionate about - cars. He fulfills his passion by going to car meets with his best friend, Cooper. Other than that he loves spending time with his little daughter, Lilly, who is the closest person to him. But even that relationship is disrupted by his possessive ex-wife, Allison. When a tragedy befalls his family, he decides to take part in illegal street races to save his daughter.
Like I said, I haven’t forgotten about a new character made by Patrons. Meet Jasmine! She’ll be one of Jake’s students but she will make a greater impact on the other side of Jake’s new, underground life. Also, she’ll be one of main Love Interests available in the game.

I was thinking I could introduce you to all the characters that are in the game right now but I don’t know if I want to spoil you anything or if you prefer to meet them in the game instead. What do you think?

Stay tuned!
The game premise doesn't sound bad but after Best Days demise I have little faith in future projects.
We have seen this pattern of devs jumping between projects before and it never works :confused:

Reactions: ZzZzZiggy and Abhai

mma456

Dec 2, 2018
The game premise doesn't sound bad but after Best Days demise I have little faith in future projects.
We have seen this pattern of devs jumping between projects before and it never works :confused:
Other devs jump between projects for no real concrete reason, but here we can see that the development was stopped due to creative differences and even after a few months of searching for a new writer and no good results, the dev decided to put best days of our life on hold and inorder to not rely on anyone and just start his own project without any concern of creative differences.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Other devs jump between projects for no real concrete reason, but here we can see that the development was stopped due to creative differences and even after a few months of searching for a new writer and no good results, the dev decided to put best days of our life on hold and inorder to not rely on anyone and just start his own project without any concern of creative differences.
How do you know that "other devs jump between projects for no real concrete reason"?
Are you their personal friend or something, so your knowledge is much more intimate than ours is?

The "on hold" tag here pretty much can be replaced with "abandoned" imo.
I dont expect anything, either from this, nor from the new project, which is a shame, considering its promise.
Anyway, we can only wait and see, I would love nothing more than to be wrong here.

mma456

Dec 2, 2018
How do you know that "other devs jump between projects for no real concrete reason"?
Are you their personal friend or something, so your knowledge is much more intimate than ours is?

The "on hold" tag here pretty much can be replaced with "abandoned" imo.
I dont expect anything, either from this, nor from the new project, which is a shame, considering its promise.
Anyway, we can only wait and see, I would love nothing more than to be wrong here.
You don't need to be anyone's friend to know when the devs tell that to you themselves, which you would know if you actually supported them for news and were on their private discord servers or whatever and even if you don't do that there are plenty of people who post their patreon news whenever its updated.
Most of the time it's due to loss of passion for something so they start working on something new thats exciting to them, not due to some concrete reason that leaves them no option or forces them to put their projects on hold like here for example.
Even if this project is abandoned it's not because the dev doesn't want to work on it, but rather due to not being able to find any suitable writer candidate that wants to write it without changing everything.
If you actually liked this project then i don't see why you won't like the devs new project, his quality clearly keeps on improving when it comes to renders and animations, so even if the story isn't comparable atleast he is trying to deliver something without depending on anyone and not wanting to waste his patrons time doing nothing, so instead of being pessimistic you should support him for actually trying and even going so far as making the first version of his new game free.

Last edited:

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Wait so is The Best days of our lives abandoned or onhold cause judging by the comments it sounds like this game is done for but the game itself says onhold.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Wait so is The Best days of our lives abandoned or onhold cause judging by the comments it sounds like this game is done for but the game itself says onhold.
Onhold unless the dev can find a new writer they feel is suitable to take over, so for now the dev is working on a new game by themselves without needing to rely on someone else as a writer.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Onhold unless the dev can find a new writer they feel is suitable to take over, so for now the dev is working on a new game by themselves without needing to rely on someone else as a writer.
The racing game does sound enticing but couldn't the dev continue working on Best Days on his own like he's planning to do with the new game?

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
The racing game does sound enticing but couldn't the dev continue working on Best Days on his own like he's planning to do with the new game?
They probably could and they would be the best person for the job, but the impression I get is The Best Days of Our Lives wasn't the kind of game he would want to write initially, but over the course of development he has grown to become fond of the story and characters which is why he is so critical of everyone who has applied to be a new writer.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
They probably could and they would be the best person for the job, but the impression I get is The Best Days of Our Lives wasn't the kind of game he would want to write initially, but over the course of development he has grown to become fond of the story and characters which is why he is so critical of everyone who has applied to be a new writer.
Makes sense, well I do hope he eventually finds someone worthy to continue the game and most importantly I hope his new game works out for him.

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes